Trans (and Queer) Panic Thread

A few notable recent events in a fast-accelerating dangerous situation developing in the United States:

C7DDQEKWOFHGTHPHLNBLV3WA5A.jpg
WWW.NJ.COM

Theater employees called police after the 15-year-old, who is unable to use a public bathroom on his own, went into a women's bathroom, the suit alleges.

Mom (caregiver) took her autistic son to the women's bathroom to help him use it as the theatre had no family/gender-neutral bathrooms. The other women in the bathroom at the time were understanding, but the manager found out and said there were no "transgender" bathrooms at the theatre, and kicked them out.

64b1875825000062007e0a51.jpeg?cache=SwLQ
WWW.HUFFPOST.COM

The attacks claimed the lives of an Indiana woman and an Oregon man, both cisgender people.

Two cisgender people were killed recently (one in Indiana, one in Oregon) under suspicion of being trans.

• Guillotine 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

That bathroom incident is infuriating.  The kid looks nothing like a “grown man” and it’s clearly a parent/guardian with him.  What kind of manager goes around looking to make trouble for their business.

Chuds

• True 2

6 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Mom (caregiver) took her autistic son to the women's bathroom to help him use it as the theatre had no family/gender-neutral bathrooms. The other women in the bathroom at the time were understanding, but the manager found out and said there were no "transgender" bathrooms at the theatre, and kicked them out.

Great. Is this a thing I'll now need to worry about with my oldest girl? I don't know if she'll ever get to the point where she can use a bathroom on her own. Just fuck these people.

• Hugs 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • CitizenVectron changed the title to Trans (and Queer) Panic Thread
On 8/21/2023 at 6:39 AM, CitizenVectron said:
2496.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

An man made comments about flag at Laura Ann Carlton’s store in Cedar Glen and killed her before being shot and killed by police

This is the logical endpoint of Republican rhetoric. Matt Walsh and his ilk are disgusting human beings. 

• True 1

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Oh, come on. He abhors pretty much all violence. He may not be the poster child for LGBTQ rights, but you’re going a bit far with this one. 

My neighbor with the All Lives Matter bumper sticker claims to abhor all violence too.

On 8/22/2023 at 4:50 AM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Sigh 

I’m not sure how what I said was wrong. I said he wasn’t gonna empathize with the business owner. Has he ever shown empathy with the LGBT community after a violent attack? I’ve seen him defend SCOTUS when our rights were taken away, downplay the fears that we have over Florida, defend a business for refusing to serve gay customers, and downplay the news when the governor of Texas said he was gonna separate trans kids from their parents, but I don’t think I’ve seen him show sympathy when there’s LGBT violence or violent rhetoric being used against us.

• Halal 1

There's a poverty to the word empathy these days. In nursing, it's part of the backbone doctrine that allows a regular mook to dig arm deep into a constipated patient to clear an obstruction, to cause pain by attaching catheters and intubing. It refers to not understanding the emotional state, that's actually sympathy. But realize and understand the lived experience that creates the situation.

• True 1

You don’t have to completely understand what someone is feeling to have empathy. It just means you are actively trying to put yourself in their shoes. As a white person I don’t know what it’s like to experience racism but I know what it’s like to be discriminated against or feel like my life has less inherit value so I use my experience to build empathy towards other marginalized groups even if I am not part of those groups personally.

To be serious and fair it has degrees. In late stage nazism,  Jewish hairs were used to stuff bedding. And human lampshades were a preoccupation of the elite. The chattel slavery of African Americans is a horror far deeper than that. The message is don't share the misery. Many cannot even fathom.

21 minutes ago, unogueen said:

To be serious and fair it has degrees. In late stage nazism,  Jewish hairs were used to stuff bedding. And human lampshades were a preoccupation of the elite. The chattel slavery of African Americans is a horror far deeper than that. The message is don't share the misery. Many cannot even fathom.

There are different degrees of horror too. I can’t fully fathom what it’s like to live in a country under late stage Nazism, but I know what it’s like to live in a country where one party is openly calling for the eradication of people like me. It’s horrifying, and what’s even more horrifying is how many people I thought were friends are willing to be silent or even downplay our fear over the use of genocidal language actively being used against us.

“A library & nearby elementary school were evacuated Monday after staff received a bomb threat in a phone call that included anti-LGBTQ+ hate speech. It was just hours after Riley Gaines posted the library’s phone number with instructions to her followers “to do their thing.””

riley-gaines.png
WWW.LGBTQNATION.COM

Now she's threatening to sue Pink News for reporting on it...

• Guillotine 2

• 1 month later...

https://www.gazettextra.com/news/nation_world/woman-buying-pot-from-nyc-deli-maced-dragged-by-hair-kicked-in-head-by-cashier/article_c58d0fa8-ce5a-503d-9163-45762f392f58.html

NEW YORK — A Staten Island woman buying pot from a local deli got into a misunderstanding with the cashier — who ended up macing her, dragging her outside by her hair, kicking her in the head and mistakenly calling her trans.

The shocking caught-on-video attack has left Jasmine Adams traumatized, her distress compounded by no arrest being made.

But on Monday, she moved a step closer to possible justice when her lawyer, Robert Brown, filed a discrimination suit in Staten Island Supreme Court against the West Brighton Deli Grocery & Grill.

No charges have been laid because the store won't identify the worker to police. However, the police officers who responded seem to know the person well enough to have a friendly nickname:

when Adams went back to the grocery and called for police from there, it took officers four hours to show up, she said. The officers, she said, appeared to know the attacker, referring to him as “Mr. Fourth of July.”

• Guillotine 4

• 4 months later...

A Canadian right-wing family crowdfunded money and moved to Russia to live in a perfect non-woke paradise, and immediately found out that Russia sucks ass.

WWW.DAILYKOS.COM

The patriarch of a right-wing Canadian family of eight had just about enough of the gay people existing in his country. “We didn't feel safe for our children there in the future anymore. There's a lot of left-wing ideology, LGBTQ, trans, just a lot of...

The pro-Russia propaganda being spun by the American and Canadian right-wing is ridiculous, but is clearly working on idiots.

• Haha 6