"Seinfeld" isn't a show about nothing. It's a show about this.

"The fabric of society is very complex, George."

The entire conversation about what to bring to the party, the conversation on the way to the bakery/liquor place, is all Seinfeld, yo. It's all about disbelief of or trying to fit into the fabric of society.

God, I love this episode. 

• Halal 2

2 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

For the record, I agree with George: You show up to my place with ring dings and Pepsi Coca-Cola you'll endear yourself to me for life. Whereas I'll probably just say thanks for the wine and re-gift it. Or I'd cook with it.

If I'm in Utah again, I'll remember this.

Also, man do I love his line. "You mean going there because I'm invited, that's rude?"

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

We currently have roughly 15 bottles of wine in our basement that people have "gifted" us over the years. My wife never drinks it, and while I like wine okay, it's not really something I seek out unless someone offers it to me... so it just piles up.

I'm on team George here...

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

I actually had a specialty wine made and branded “Yourself” so when I ask if there is anything I should bring and they go “just yourself!” I can still honor their request while being a proper guest.

Tldr Money changes people

• Haha 2

You should always bring something when invited, it can be Pepsi, just don't show up empty-handed. The host probably isnt going to judge if you don't but it will be very appreciated if you do. Entertaining gests can be expensive & time consuming.

This show is still fantastic & holds up incredibly well save for the few episodes which would be completely solved by having a cell phone.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Modern Seinfeld episode pitch: George is going to go on a date, but she cancels by text, saying her grandma died. George responds with an animated gif of someone crying and she breaks up with him. The gang debates the etiquette of SMS propriety. 

"A picture's worth a thousand words, Jerry. A thousand words!"

29 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Modern Seinfeld episode pitch: George is going to go on a date, but she cancels by text, saying her grandma died. George responds with an animated gif of someone crying and she breaks up with him. The gang debates the etiquette of SMS propriety. 

"A picture's worth a thousand words, Jerry. A thousand words!"

“But with you, they always seem to be the wrong thousand words.”

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Derek said:

It will never happen, but it would be fun to see one new season set during 'modern' times.

On 6/27/2023 at 5:43 PM, thedarkstark said:

This show is still fantastic & holds up incredibly well save for the few episodes which would be completely solved by having a cell phone.

I don't think an episode during this time period would be all that different than the original shows. I quoted dark because he's dead on. Cell phones would only add to the laughs but wouldn't completely change the dynamics of the show.