~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

21 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

this is a big problem but I didn't realize the scope of it

Boehner was Speaker from 2011 to 2015, followed by Paul Ryan until 2018. Pelosi took over in '19 (after her tenure from '07 to '11). 

For all the faults Pelosi has, this intransigence of federal government is--once again--the fault of the Republican party.

22 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Boehner was Speaker from 2011 to 2015, followed by Paul Ryan until 2018. Pelosi took over in '19 (after her tenure from '07 to '11). 

For all the faults Pelosi has, this intransigence of federal government is--once again--the fault of the Republican party.

The backlash against so-called earmarks.

She also had two years to undo it and hasn't because the power is good for nancy pelosi personally

4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The backlash against so-called earmarks.

She also had two years to undo it and hasn't because the power is good for nancy pelosi personally

Right. The complicity of Pelosi and the establishment Dems is condemnable. 

1 minute ago, Joe said:

I don't see much chatter here about the fact that the vote was so close. I thought that was pretty crazy, but maybe there is something I am missing?

It's a full House vote, right? So the Dems not having a big majority would naturally mean it wasn't a big margin on the vote.

• Thanks 1

The crazy thing is if you're not into all these election people online, you probably think the GOP is looking favored to win right now cause at least on MSNBC they haven't mentioned the turnout differences in D/R counties, doing good with the margin differences from Nov to now, just not talking about turn out which has been better for Dem counties.

On 1/4/2021 at 2:58 PM, Joe said:

Because she will lose and she would be out of a job.

she did mention she didnt intend to run again due to the frustration of not being able to create enough change... with that mentality she may as well take the big swing., aim high, no expectations and walk away if she loses..

I think it would be rough either way.. as impressive as she is, others have noticed and have gone out of their way to define who she is in the public eye.. her aiming higher would only make it even worse and probably be enough to trip her up... not for what she represents but what others have defined her as

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:
60016b5c2500003b001d5612.jpeg?cache=rbvf
M.HUFFPOST.COM

The Fox News personality ridiculed the New York Democrat for saying she feared for her life during the U.S. Capitol riot.

181108095035-01-tucker-carlson-file-supe
WWW.CNN.COM

Last week's disturbance at Fox News host Tucker Carlson's home remains under investigation by the Metropolitan Police Department in Washington, D.C.

• Guillotine 2