~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

3 hours ago, Joe said:

So he has been wrong since a while ago? Good for him, I guess?

I mean, he is wrong, but at least it’s not feeding into the “they're only for it because Trump is against it” narrative.

Dammit, I like Chuck, I can’t help it.

It's pretty absurd watching the Democratic Party leadership basically do nothing. I can only speak for Canada, but here our opposition has a duty to the crown to vehemently oppose anything and everything the government does, even to the point of playing devil's advocate if they kind of agree with the government. The job of the opposition in any system is to provide a credible alternative that is ready to form government, and to oppose everything the government does, even if the alternative is just "they have the right idea, but are implementing it very badly." The Democratic leadership fails on all fronts.

2 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

That’s really not a bet she should make. AOC didn’t have the money to buy her grades.

Trump's grades were so terrible he couldn't even get into UPenn as a rich legacy admission, he had to start at Fordham and then transfer. 

6 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

That’s really not a bet she should make. AOC didn’t have the money to buy her grades.

Its a pretty good guess that his teachers passed him with low marks, if he walked away with paid for high GPA he would be flaunting them, instead he hides them. 

41 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Its a pretty good guess that his teachers passed him with low marks, if he walked away with paid for high GPA he would be flaunting them, instead he hides them. 

He threatened to sue his old schools if they released his grades. There's no way there's anything good in there.

17 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

At this point people need to be ready to take to the streets in November...and government buildings.

That literally ends far worst for the left than the right. Protest, yes, absolutely. But if the left was to set off real political violence, I can’t see how that ends well for them. Police are decidedly right wing, and the screaming minority is heavily armed. It would be the end of America, and any liberal ideals it has left. 

Especially violence on the WH and Trumps person. That would set off an unbelievable shit storm.

3 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

That literally ends far worst for the left than the right. Protest, yes, absolutely. But if the left was to set off real political violence, I can’t see how that ends well for them. Police are decidedly right wing, and screaming minority is heavily armed. It would be the end of America, and any liberal ideals it has left. 

lol, imagine believing America isn't already ending, also the police wouldn't be an issue they can't contain a city on fire they've already proved that.

5 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

That literally ends far worst for the left than the right. Protest, yes, absolutely. But if the left was to set off real political violence, I can’t see how that ends well for them. Police are decidedly right wing, and the screaming minority is heavily armed. It would be the end of America, and any liberal ideals it has left. 

Especially violence on the WH and Trumps person. That would set off an unbelievable shit storm.

It's true that it probably ends more poorly for the left...but if Trump actually steals the election in November, then it's past the point where the Democrats will ever win again. So it's either live in a dictatorship, or die trying for actual freedom.

EDIT - I agree that the goal of any protests should be to end the situation without violence...but what are the chances it would?

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

That's happening no matter what if Trump gets reelected.

And possibly even if he doesn't.

What I'm seeing there is what happens very often in these situations where the "internal security forces" are the regime defenders while the military will side with the people.

This is because internal security is usually drawn from a relatively narrow clique whose privileges and status depend on the survival of the regime while the military tends to represent a far broader societal cross-section.