Super Mario Bros. Wonder | New Sidescrolling Mario Game - Nintendo reports 4.3 million units sold in two weeks (fastest-selling Mario game ever)

Keyser_Soze

58 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'll have to do some research. Our Osaka week is fairly booked up with Universal, plus day  trips to Nara Park, Kyoto, and Hiroshima. Tokyo is more flexible since we have 2 weeks. Currently our only day trips there are Kamakura and Hakone.

Actually, and I should spell it right, Hokkaido is super fucking far lol. I just looked it’s actually something you would need to take a plane to. It does look beautiful but actually I’ll probably reconsider seeing how damn far it is!

Just now, stepee said:

Actually, and I should spell it right, Hokkaido is super fucking far lol. I just looked it’s actually something you would need to take a plane to. It does look beautiful but actually I’ll probably reconsider seeing how damn far it is!

Bahaha, I was wondering when I tried to look it up. Like, ….I’ve never heard of this place. 

I would like to visit that island, but probably on another trip. We do plan on returning one day. 

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Bahaha, I was wondering when I tried to look it up. Like, ….I’ve never heard of this place. 

I would like to visit that island, but probably on another trip. We do plan on returning one day. 

Exactly, I think it’s something beautiful to save for a follow up trip. Maybe start there then go back to Tokyo or something. Super excited for your trip! It’s funny how so many of us have been dreaming of going to Tokyo and are finally doing it now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I hate that im too weak and always go into these videos knowing full well they will show a ton of content..

Its obvious that they went the extra mile on this as far as levels, new enemies, power ups etc…. Curious to see how we will abuse the online/community content

it was always going to be a purchase

• Hype 1

• 4 weeks later...

Previews are being released:

WWW.THESIXTHAXIS.COM

Super Mario Bros. Wonder brings back the excitement of not knowing what to expect in a Mario platformer. We go hands on.

At the fundamental level, there’s plenty of Super Mario Bros. Wonder that isn’t particularly wondrous. It’s hardly ponderous and there’s still plenty of joy and satisfaction to be had with the finely honed platforming, but it’s still built on the oh, so familiar core 2.5D platforming of New Super Mario Bros. games from the past 15 years. It’s the new ideas that Nintendo has added into the mix that really plant a smile across your face as you play.

At the forefront of this is the Wonder Flower, a collectible that sends the world and level into a dreamlike overdrive. Everything is ramped up to an extreme or given an unexpected twist, so horizontal pipes will start to inch across the level like a caterpillar, while upright pipes push up higher and move around as you approach. Levels that feature charging bulls suddenly have a whole stampede that sweeps through – though one that you can ride on the back of to grab more coins – or one that prominently has you dodging dropping blocks will turn into a nightmare with a massive block crushing down on the world, which you have to race to stay ahead of.

You never know what to expect, even if it’s just a shower of shooting power stars, and it absolutely goes hand-in-hand with the new selection of power-ups in the game. Elephant Mario was a real stand-out from the game’s announcement, and it’s a quirky and dumb(o) as you’d hope, jumbifying your chosen character (that isn’t Yoshi or Nabbit) and letting you crush through blocks, suck up and unleash squirts of water to stun enemies. We also got to check out the Drill hat, which lets you drill into both the ground and ceiling and then burrow along the surface, sneaking through secret gaps in certain places.

WWW.THEGAMER.COM

2D Mario doesn't feel boring for the first time in roughly a decade.

It’s the little things in video games that always bring me the most pleasure. Blockbusters are frequently obsessed with laser-focusing our attention on the next big set piece, but for me, a greater sense of satisfaction can be drawn from ogling environments or coming across small interactions with NPCs that only a small percentage of players will ever discover. The human touch that brings our favourite games to life is worth celebrating, and nowhere does that ring truer than in Super Mario Bros. Wonder. After spending a couple of hours with a selection of different stages, I came away transfixed by a platformer that lives up to its wondrous namesake. Nintendo has reinvented 2D Mario in ways that are both familiar and fantastical.

With a friend by my side, I selected Daisy as my playable character, and we quickly jumped into one of the earlier stages. Luscious green fields are flanked by patrolling koopas, all of which are seemingly in tune with the funky soundscape emanating from the world. There is more life in a single frame here than the entire line of New Super Mario Bros. games, as if the unpredictable exuberance of Odyssey has been injected into the veins of a stagnant titan. It aims to surprise at every turn, eliciting a smile at the smallest of interactions no matter what.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Super Mario Bros. Wonder | New Sidescrolling Mario Game | October 20, 2023 - new previews posted

It sounds like it’s going to be as amazing as it looks but this makes me laugh: “2D Mario doesn't feel boring for the first time in roughly a decade”

Considering the last 2D Mario was released over a decade ago (unless you count Maker 2’s campaign, which if anything, you wouldn’t call boring), I agree, there being a new Mario game is less boring than there not being one at all!

• 2 weeks later...

I kinda want this but I know I'll never beat it. I have never beaten a Side-scroller Mario(without warp pipes). Honestly, one of the major reasons I'm interested in it is that you can play as Luigi right out of the gate it seems. I always had my lil bro play mario so I could be Luigi and I have played 2 player mode by myself, killing mario each life, to play as Luigi.

I just like Green.

• Sicko 1

4 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Am I missing a joke here cuz I didn't think it was out until Friday. 

Jack Sparrow was a legendary pirate of the Seven Seas, and the irreverent trickster of the Caribbean. A captain of equally dubious morality and sobriety, a master of self-promotion and self-interest, Jack fought a constant and losing battle with his own best tendencies while living a pirate's life. He was the quickest to seize the moment and make it his own. Whether by cause or accident was a matter of debate, but the results were the same and always different. Captain Jack's first love was the sea, his second, his beloved ship the Black Pearl.

• Haha 1
  • Sicko 1