Super Mario Bros. Wonder | New Sidescrolling Mario Game - Nintendo reports 4.3 million units sold in two weeks (fastest-selling Mario game ever)

Keyser_Soze

I really love all of the little flourishes to everything you do. The text, the sound effects, visual cues, animation touches... it's all a very slick and a creative take on Mario. Love the direction they're taking this, and not just playing it safe with the "New" series. I think they realize they can't just make straight platforming 2D Mario games anymore, since Mario Maker more or less makes them irrelevant, so they're really playing with lots of twists and unique spins and items. Looks awesome.

Man this looks really fucking good if a little closer to NSMB style that Id like. It looks to have a ton of creativity and to be less formulaic though, and I have a feeling there’s a decent bit left to show too. Can’t believe I get this and a new proper 2d Sonic this year.

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, TheLeon said:

It does make Wonder - if this doesn’t do it for me, and none of the other Mario content shown today has me interested, can I just admit that I don’t care about Mario any more? I think that’s fine. Nobody cares. 

Season 1 Reaction GIF by Outlander

26 minutes ago, stepee said:

Man this looks really fucking good if a little closer to NSMB style that Id like. It looks to have a ton of creativity and to be less formulaic though, and I have a feeling there’s a decent bit left to show too. Can’t believe I get this and a new proper 2d Sonic this year.

OMG lets goooooo

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, stepee said:

I have nothing new to report here just thinking about HOW FUCKING HYPED I AM FOR THIS

Im literally craving new Mario, I almost don’t even care about anything else this year compared to this.

You fuck, you got me excited for news! 

Just now, Brick said:

You fuck, you got me excited for news! 

lol sorrrry, I’m just so excited I keep thinking about it

Im also going to Super Mario Land in Universal Studios next month so I’m all Mario hyped. 

I did see a rumor on resetera that each character will have unique transformations (ie, only mario can transform into an elephant) for whatever that is worth

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Some people on the internet have claimed to be disappointed by Super Mario Land.

My expectations are actually REALLY low for it, having seen what’s featured there. The Tokyo one looks better but even that doesn’t look like the full Magic Kingdom style I wish it was. But, it’s a fun little Mario mini park and i bet I’ll have a blast.

Just now, stepee said:

My expectations are actually REALLY low for it, having seen what’s featured there. The Tokyo one looks better but even that doesn’t look like the full Magic Kingdom style I wish it was. But, it’s a fun little Mario mini park and i bet I’ll have a blast.

Disney World has a bunch of differently themed kingdoms that are all full-size amusement parks, and it would be very cool to see a Nintendo/Mario "kingdom".

Just now, Bacon said:

Disney World has a bunch of differently themed kingdoms that are all full-size amusement parks, and it would be very cool to see a Nintendo/Mario "kingdom".

That is what I would want. I hope someday; somehow, this morphs to that in one of the locations. I’m not sure if this existing now helps move towards that or means it won’t happen tho 

Just now, stepee said:

That is what I would want. I hope someday; somehow, this morphs to that in one of the locations. I’m not sure if this existing now helps move towards that or means it won’t happen tho 

Disney buys Nintendo

We'd get a whole Mushroom kingdom, baybee!

21 minutes ago, stepee said:

lol sorrrry, I’m just so excited I keep thinking about it

Im also going to Super Mario Land in Universal Studios next month so I’m all Mario hyped. 

I did see a rumor on resetera that each character will have unique transformations (ie, only mario can transform into an elephant) for whatever that is worth

You owe me a new trailer. I give you one week to come up with one. :nottalking:

5 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yep. 7-29th. Friends going with us are also getting the game there.

Oh, and we have our passes reserved for Universal Studios in Osaka, so I'm super excited for Super Nintendo World.

Awesome! I thought you were going next year for some reason, now you can give me tips for March :D

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Sure! I'll probably make a thread on it before I leave. A week in Osaka and 2 in Tokyo.

Pleasssse. I want to do 3 weeks also. Are you going to Kamakura, Kyoto, or Hokito island also? Those are on my list from my talk with an ex co worker who went.