Millions in US under air quality alerts as Canada wildfires rage

230607080648-01-canada-fire-smoke-nyc-06
WWW.CNN.COM

More than 55 million people across the Northeast, Midwest and mid-Atlantic in the US are under air quality alerts as wildfire smoke originating from Canada shrouds major US cities. Follow here for...

I saw they just cancelled the Yankees/White Sox game today with the AQI being well over 300 at the moment 😬

34 minutes ago, sblfilms said:
230607080648-01-canada-fire-smoke-nyc-06
WWW.CNN.COM

More than 55 million people across the Northeast, Midwest and mid-Atlantic in the US are under air quality alerts as wildfire smoke originating from Canada shrouds major US cities. Follow here for...

I saw they just cancelled the Yankees/White Sox game today with the AQI being well over 300 at the moment 😬

The data projection that I saw this morning indicated that NYC would have the worst air quality on the entire planet today.

In the DC area, the last time I checked we hit 199.

2 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

173 now in Philly. Awesome, I’m about to go to the beach this weekend and this happens.

Jackson, NJ is also on fire right now. You can smell burning wood where I’m at (30 min from Philly). I think it just got contained in the past hour.

1 hour ago, Littleronin said:

Confirmed that Activision/Blizzard would watch the world burn to sale a few extra copies.

Bold of them to burn Canada down just for some atmosphere in NYC but not the most heinous thing they've done in the last year!

Prima-Facie-02-Jodie-Comer.-Photo-Credit
DEADLINE.COM

Actor Jodie Comer halted today’s matinee of Broadway’s Prima Facie due to New York City’s bad, smoky air, telling audience members she was having difficulty breathing. An audience…

Actor Jodie Comer halted today’s matinee of Broadway’s Prima Facie due to New York City’s bad, smoky air, telling audience members she was having difficulty breathing.

An audience member tells Deadline that today’s show began 10 minutes late, only to have star Comer attempt to begin the show only to announce from the stage that she couldn’t breathe sufficiently to continue with a performance. When the curtain lowered, an announcement asked audience members to stay seated until a final decision was made as to whether to cancel the matinee or proceed with an understudy.

The understudy, Dani Arlington, completed the performance to enthusiastic applause, the source tells Deadline.

A spokesman for the show confirmed earlier that Arlington would go on for Comer in the role of Tessa.

3 hours ago, Uaarkson said:
c3468d81-29cb-4abf-8534-3cc747c81f47-Air
WWW.FREEP.COM

Only Delhi, India has worse air quality than Detroit, according to IQAir, thanks to Canada wildfire smoke moving through southeast Michigan.

My eye has been awfully dry the last few days and I think this is why. It's been super hazy, but the sky was actually blue today.