AMC possibly has 10 year plan for The Walking Dead

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-19/inside-amc-networks-plan-to-make-walking-dead-live-forever

While AMC is still working on the details, the pillars of its plan are becoming clear. The company wants to produce several movies for a TV network or streaming service that could spin off into different series, said the people. The company would also take the franchise overseas, setting at least one series in another country. “The Walking Dead’’ is one of the most popular shows in dozens of countries.

• Guillotine 1

10 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

I can't see TWD going on for another 10 years, but I can see them doing more series. Fear has actually gotten pretty decent. Not earth shatteringly good but entertaining. 

Agreed... Fear has definitely become the better show especially with

Spoiler

The Addition of Morgan and them pretty much replacing the entire original cast.

Loved the way they did that btw. There are still pretty cringy moments in the show but yeah, I dig it. The original show? It's pretty much a parody of itself but let's be honest... it was NEVER that good to begin with.

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Agreed... Fear has definitely become the better show especially with

Hide contents

The Addition of Morgan and them pretty much replacing the entire original cast.

Loved the way they did that btw. There are still pretty cringy moments in the show but yeah, I dig it. The original show? It's pretty much a parody of itself but let's be honest... it was NEVER that good to begin with.

no question Fear had a very very rocky start, but it definitely seems to have found itself. I do wish Daniel was still around, mainly because I really like Ruben Blades. 

• 4 weeks later...

don't know how many of us are still watching. I actually thought the last episode wasn't horrible. I'm definitely interested to see where the Ann/Jadis thing is going...but does any one think AMC is incredibly stupid in their marketing? Every week telling you how many episodes Rick has left. Yes everyone knew this was Andrew's last season but saying when it's going to happen seems absolutely asinine 

On 10/23/2018 at 7:01 PM, EternallDarkness said:

don't know how many of us are still watching. I actually thought the last episode wasn't horrible. I'm definitely interested to see where the Ann/Jadis thing is going...but does any one think AMC is incredibly stupid in their marketing? Every week telling you how many episodes Rick has left. Yes everyone knew this was Andrew's last season but saying when it's going to happen seems absolutely asinine 

That's one of the reasons I haven't tuned in at all for this new season. I'll wait until the night he is supposed to die and just marathon the first couple episodes a few days before.  AMC hyping up his death is probably all they've got at this point to try and get their viewer numbers up. 

49 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

AMC hyping up his death is probably all they've got at this point to try and get their viewer numbers up. 

I agree, which why it puzzles me that they are saying exactly when it will happen. You'd think they'd leave it as a question mark so people will keep showing up to see if tonight is the night. 

2 hours ago, Massdriver said:

I can't get myself to watch the last season. The show isn't what it was when it started. As for Fear, I watched the first season and stopped. That is terrible show and nothing but a cash grab.

Fear actually got better these last two seasons, the most recent being the best 

Spoiler

with the addition of Morgan and pretty much a whole new cast

Right now it's actually a better show than the original... which admittedly isn't saying much :p

52 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Fear actually got better these last two seasons, the most recent being the best 

Hide contents

with the addition of Morgan and pretty much a whole new cast

Right now it's actually a better show than the original... which admittedly isn't saying much :p

Spoiler

I wish Nick would have survived from the original cast.