Helldivers 2 announced for PS5/PC! - update: Super Earth's managed democracy eradicates the Automaton faction, extra 1 minute break issued to all Helldivers

SaysWho?

I haven't got to play too too much of this yet (GPU was out for RMA for like a week, I felt like a fucking caveman) but damn the little I played was good. It's 100% Starship Troopers: The Game. Listening to a fucking NPC on your ship sadly talk about how "these aliens just won't accept freedom, no matter how many times we deliver it to them" is so good.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1
  • Hype 1

5 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The servers appear to be on fire at the moment as people are reporting that they're not receiving XP/medals.

Me and Skillz played like 6 missions, only saw rewards for 2.  But then when I logged out and came back on later they were all there.

I think the rewards are just so backed up, that it takes a few hours to actually get them.

Also if you buy modules and upgrades, it may take some time to actually receive them.

Given the huge success of this game, and the change of perspective from the first game, it makes me wonder if they could do the same for potential Magicka 3. I can't remember if I played a demo for the first Magicka and didn't care for it, or if reviews didn't sell me on it (I think I remember @Xbob42 being into it), but thinking about that style of over the top spells from a third person, over the shoulder perspective seems like it could be a lot of fun. 

bSAYEHI.png

And shortly after hitting this milestone:

Despite our best efforts to increase server capacity to accommodate all of you who want to dive for Freedom, we are experiencing capacity issues. We are once more working without delay to improve the issue and we hope to have a fix in place as soon as possible. Thank you

• Shocked 1

44 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

If my buddy I conned into getting the game is less than reliable I might be interested in playing with some of you, even tho I am not the type to do that usually (due to paralyzing fear tho no big deal). 

I'd consider it but you have to be okay with me constantly berating you for not playing well and also judging your personal life!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

How is the jetpack?

It's pretty great. Depending on the difficulty and how many people you've dropped with, the game isn't always super well equipped to handle players that are on high structures, so you can pick things off as they chase your buddies around.  It works pretty well that way against bugs. Less useful against robots in my experience, since some of them can just blast rockets at you.

I played some solo last night on the deck (low/medium looks great with hdr and all/30fps cap) up to level 3 and some change and it was good times. For some reason these insects don’t bother me like the EDF ones do. I wonder why that is? The EDF insects serious like offend my senses to the point I don’t even like playing because I find it grotesque. But this obviously looks way more realistic than that does.

Edit: And I’m glad you can solo but is there anyway to get 3 AI bots also or no?

• Halal 1

Also I haven’t read too much on this yet but I was surprised to see all the real world paid money stuff to buy day1. Mostly, that it didn’t just seem cosmetic? I doubt it’ll affect me but are they generally pretty tame with the stats you get from items you can buy with cash?

18 minutes ago, stepee said:

Also I haven’t read too much on this yet but I was surprised to see all the real world paid money stuff to buy day1. Mostly, that it didn’t just seem cosmetic? I doubt it’ll affect me but are they generally pretty tame with the stats you get from items you can buy with cash?

It's not an issue because the currency that you use to buy stuff with real money can be earned in game and pretty easily and regularly. You'll be buying that stuff, but I doubt you'll be spending real money to get that stuff.

• Thanks 1

There are no clear items with better stats as well.  All armors have positives and negatives.  No gun is outright better at everything, all have strengths and weaknesses.

So even if there are some armors you can spend real money on, they aren't "better" than any other armors, just different perks.  And none of the perks are unique, you can earn that same gear quickly in game.

• Thanks 2
  • Halal 1