Florida teacher under investigation for showing Disney movie to class (that contains a gay character)

We have plenty of people outraged about this, but I saw a couple viewers ask which movie it was because the bad pedophilia Disney movies are Pinocchio and Peter Pan. Another said it had an OUT character, which is inappropriate.

It's funny how a PG animated Disney movie is considered inappropriate for 5th graders and that somehow we're getting "gay" into their heads as if gay kids don't exist. We're back in the 2000s again where gay marriage will make people gay.

11 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

We have plenty of people outraged about this, but I saw a couple viewers ask which movie it was because the bad pedophilia Disney movies are Pinocchio and Peter Pan. Another said it had an OUT character, which is inappropriate.

It's funny how a PG animated Disney movie is considered inappropriate for 5th graders and that somehow we're getting "gay" into their heads as if gay kids don't exist. We're back in the 2000s again where gay marriage will make people gay.

They need safe spaces 

• True 2

Can't have our sons filled with ideas of things like... feelings, and positive masculinity. What if my son sees a gay character in a cartoon? He might become a f*****, because that's totally how that works.

It's kind of wild to me that f***** has become a word that I won't even say in jest, like n*****. I said it all the time as a kid (the former, not the latter), but now it's like the word gets stuck in my throat even if it's gallows humor.

On 5/15/2023 at 12:25 PM, SimpleG said:

At this point can we just start a go fund me for @Kamushato get them out of that shit bag state. 

I’m so touched by this suggestion that I don’t know what to say. Things have been so tough here and I’m used to only relying on myself these days - so this community’s love and support has meant a lot to me.

I’ve always had trouble asking for help, even when I really need it, but at this point any bit of support will be appreciated and a life saver. It’s moving to know that y’all care, truly.

• Hugs 3

On 5/15/2023 at 9:25 AM, SimpleG said:

At this point can we just start a go fund me for @Kamushato get them out of that shit bag state. 

My financial situation has changed but I’m in to help here. I’ll ask colleagues about teaching jobs they’re aware of in the bay too.

• Hugs 3

@Kamusha if you ever make it to Canada, I have a spare room you can use for a while. However, I live in the worst part of Canada (better than Florida, but probably worse than California), so you probably wouldn't want to move here specifically anyways, lol. But if you are seriously looking at getting out of Florida, I am 100% in to help out financially with what I can.

• Hugs 1

44 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'll leave it to your preference as it comes down to what you're comfortable with from a privacy perspective.

I'm comfortable sharing my cashapp and venmo as this is a relatively small community.

8 minutes ago, Kamusha said:

I'm comfortable sharing my cashapp and venmo as this is a relatively small community.

I think he might have meant more like godfundme you usually out in some personal details about yourself etc and then the public might see that. I think venmo here is the most private option. The counter being that if you did do a gofundme then maybe other people outside of the board would donate, but given the climate in Florida I’m not sure how comfortable you’d be bringing any possible attention to yourself.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

I unfortunately can't use venmo in Canada, so a gofundme would be the only way to donate. However, there are privacy concerns as mentioned above, and my contribution would likely be relatively small compared to some!

Would PayPal be a good alternative for our Canadian users? I was leaning towards posting my Venmo and Cash App but I can send my PayPal to those who can't use those methods.

1 hour ago, Kamusha said:

Would PayPal be a good alternative for our Canadian users? I was leaning towards posting my Venmo and Cash App but I can send my PayPal to those who can't use those methods.

I know i’ve had no issues using paypal to people in Canada and have received payments from people in Canada so it should be fine.