Pray For Me

SimpleG

Just now, SimpleG said:

Heading to the oral surgeon to have some wisdom teeth removed. I am a giant puss when it comes to the dentist. 

They should knock you out for that so its:

1.) Happy gas

2.) Count back wards from te-

3.) Nothing, darkness

4.) Wake up groggy and your jaw will be sore but not terrible

5.) Salt rinse for a few weeks

• Haha 1

I woke up in middle of the operation so they knocked me out a second time. I was so out of it that my mom had to help me to the car and in bed at home. I passed out the rest of the day. Of course the ice packs fell off and my face ballooned. It was a fun junior year spring break!

Apparently after I had my wisdom teeth removed I was very insistent that we go to the grocery store to get some pudding, but upon arrival I was more interested in the Gamestop next door. I went in and browsed around for a while when I overheard a lady talking to an unhelpful cashier about buying a game for her son. What I do remember is a bit of a haze, but it seems I intervened and spent a good long while talking to this lady about what her son likes and what games he plays before making a number of recommendations, before finally selling her on Gran Turismo 2. Anesthesia is a hell of a thing.

• Haha 1

when i had my wisdom teeth out i was waking up out of nowhere and it was done. and he said mine were placed weird so it was more challenging to remove, but it went off without a hitch. afterwards i didnt really have much pain. took my pain pills for like two days and didnt need anymore. lots of people told me the recovery would be really bad but it was super easy for me. 

49 minutes ago, johnny said:

when i had my wisdom teeth out i was waking up out of nowhere and it was done. and he said mine were placed weird so it was more challenging to remove, but it went off without a hitch. afterwards i didnt really have much pain. took my pain pills for like two days and didnt need anymore. lots of people told me the recovery would be really bad but it was super easy for me. 

Because your teeth don't have to chew meat

Wisdom Teeth suck. I was awake for my first when it was removed, and had myself knocked out for the other 3. I still have them somewhere and they were fucking deep roots. I wish I was old enough back then (and legal) to have taken some edibles or a few tokes to calm my nerves for that first one. Still have shivers when they numbed me with that 3rd needle. They just left it dangling upwards in my gum swinging back and forth, followed by “we’re ready” Enjoy the games, weed and soft food for the next few days of healing

• Hugs 1

I had mine out when I was 19. Had to drive an hour and a half because that was the only oral surgeon who would take the ARKids First insurance I was on at the time due to my parents being out of work and in school. Any sedation makes me sick and this was no exception. I remember stopping at a Walgreens to get my prescription and I was feeling sick. My grandma walked me in to the bathroom because I was still woozy and once the stall door opened, I spewed blood all over the walls. She cleaned what she could and apologized to the employee about the rest. 

The norco tabs made me sick and I barely took any of them. It was not a fun time. 

15 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Wisdom Teeth suck. I was awake for my first when it was removed, and had myself knocked out for the other 3. I still have them somewhere and they were fucking deep roots. I wish I was old enough back then (and legal) to have taken some edibles or a few tokes to calm my nerves for that first one. Still have shivers when they numbed me with that 3rd needle. They just left it dangling upwards in my gum swinging back and forth, followed by “we’re ready” Enjoy the games, weed and soft food for the next few days of healing

My surgeon asked if I was "user", i was honest about it. He outright said if he suspected I was high he was gonna cancel it. Fair play to him.

15 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

My surgeon asked if I was "user", i was honest about it. He outright said if he suspected I was high he was gonna cancel it. Fair play to him.

last dental appointment I took some White Widow, got a drive there and back. I was barely buzzed but enough to take the edge off. I too told my nurse and she just said “Hey, whatever works or helps you” and proceeding to clean and scrap my teeth (fuck, I’m cringing just thinking/typing that out) Then I had a bit more when I got home. My visit tend to be shorter too because I’m super allergic (stomach wise) to fluoride. I coloured the mall floors, parking lots, school room floors, bedroom floor and the last one on the front porch (Mac ‘N Cheese wasn’t consumed for a bit after that one)

I've probably told this story many times as user after user gets their wisdom teeth removed but I never had an issue.

I was put under, when I woke up I was in a wheelchair. Then I left with my dad and we went to Best Buy and I spit some blood in the Best Buy parking lot. But after the first day there was no blood, no pain. Pretty easy thing. I'd do it again if I grew some more teeth. 😬

I still have all mine. I probably should have got my top ones out as my teeth are all crooked now. 4 years worth of braces down the toilet. The worst part is my top wisdom teeth don't even need a surgical extraction, just local anesthesia. Could have had them pulled a long time ago for not a whole lot of money.

6 hours ago, Nokra said:

@SimpleG How's it going now, a week later?

Thanks for asking

Much better , area is still sore but it's better then it was. Next week I go back and they have to cut me open because the other side is coming in sideways and it's crushing my teeth.

• Hugs 2

7 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Thanks for asking

Much better , area is still sore but it's better then it was. Next week I go back and they have to cut me open because the other side is coming in sideways and it's crushing my teeth.

Glad you're well down the road to recovery from the first operation! Fingers crossed for the second bit. Did they give you a timeframe for recovery? 

5 hours ago, Nokra said:

Glad you're well down the road to recovery from the first operation! Fingers crossed for the second bit. Did they give you a timeframe for recovery? 

About 5 days before I'll be back to normalish. The first 2 days will just be sleeping and pain killers. 3 - 5 will be jello and pudding only. 

This is what they have to do, the roots run deep so they gotta dig deep.

Sideways-Tilt.png