North Dakota bans all abortions except for rape/incest/emergency, gender-affirming care for under 18, trans people from using gendered locker/bathrooms they identify with

7011.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

The legislation has slim exceptions – only in cases of rape, incest or medical emergency – up to six weeks’ gestation

GettyImages-163852156-1024x683.jpg
WWW.PBS.ORG

North Dakota's Republican Gov. Doug Burgum has signed a bill that limits access to bathrooms, locker rooms and shower rooms for transgender and gender-nonconforming people in several state facilities.

North Dakota on Monday adopted one of the strictest anti-abortion laws in the US as the Republican governor Doug Burgum signed legislation banning the procedure throughout pregnancy, with slim exceptions up to six weeks' gestation.

In those early weeks, abortion would be allowed only in cases of rape, incest or medical emergency, such as ectopic pregnancy.

Transgender kids and adults in North Dakota won't be able to access bathrooms, locker rooms or showers that match the gender they identify with in places like college dorms or jails, under a new law signed by Republican Gov. Doug Burgum.

Last week, the governor signed a bill that restricts transgender health care in the state, immediately making it a crime to give gender-affirming care to people younger than 18.

Shithole state

• Guillotine 2

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm all for no abortion minus the situations explained in the thread title. Abortion is fucking ridiculous and is straight up murder. Give your kid up for adoption for christ sakes. 

Except it’s a lot more nuanced than that and at this point in time with all the info at our fingertips only a fucking Cro-magnon thinks like that. 

• Like 2
  • Halal 1

3 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Imagine being against an abortion for a fetus that is non viable but could take 8 weeks to miscarriage because its not an emergency, but could become one in that time, lol.

For reals. Just go read the thread on this that was created when Alito leaked his opinion. Plenty of “I thought it was murder but then something happened to me and it turns I was a fucking soulless idiot” stories in there. 

5 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

North Dakota shouldn't fucking exist, I wish we could merge some of those Northwest states.  If your entire state has less population than Columbus, Ohio then you don't get to be a whole state.

Uhh, no offense, but I think you should look at a map before having such strong opinions. :p

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Uhh, no offense, but I think you should look at a map before having such strong opinions. :p

Montana and Wyoming can get in on this too... I'm used to Ohio getting lumped in with the "midwest" that my categorization gets a little funky

edit: When I say "get in on this" I mean not all exist as independent states, just adding some clarification.

• Halal 1

10 minutes ago, Comet said:

These fucking animals that run these red states… I hope everyone whose rights are being stripped and livelihoods threatened are able to get out. 

And I hope the ones that vote for these monsters are stuck there and shorten their lives in a state of constant economic anxiety 

• True 1

10 minutes ago, best3444 said:

So you would rather kill your own baby instead of giving it up for adoption to a family who can't have children of their own?  Gotcha :twothumbsup:

Yes, because subjecting a child to the underfunded, understaffed, neglected hellhole that is the American foster care/adoption system is a fate worse than death.

Your idea might have some degree of very minor merit if a certain group of politicians didn't keep cutting the budgets of the social services that would enable mothers to give birth who would otherwise be considering abortions due to economic circumstances.

But because we don't live in that world, I guess I'll keep supporting murder.

• True 2
  • Halal 1

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Yes, because subjecting a child to the underfunded, understaffed, neglected hellhole that is the American foster care/adoption system is a fate worse than death.

And god forbid if that child is something other than white or light skinned. Good fucking luck. 

5 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

3 of my siblings were adopted and have lived a beautiful life. Its better than being killed. 

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

I wonder which medical professional got best all worked up this time 

Lol. I'm not worked up in anyway. I am just disgusted my abortion but I understand everyone who post here is democrat. I'm 100% republican and I'm glad North Dakota did this. 

Just now, best3444 said:

3 of my siblings were adopted and have lived a beautiful life. Its better than being killed. 

Lol. I'm not worked up in anyway. I am just disgusted my abortion but I understand everyone who post here is democrat. I'm 100% republican and I'm glad North Dakota did this. 

Are you going to adopt Cnut’s forced birth baby?

It would also probably suck if you were like trying to finish high school and go to college and now that’s all ruined because you are preoccupied with the human being growing inside of you. And all because your backwards ass conservative state refused to teach proper sex ed and you didn't realize that the pull out method isn’t a valid form of birth control.  It’s almost like the entire point is to just create more dead broke slaves stuck in state to prop them up.

12 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Just leave the forum

Lol. I like to come into this section to rattle some if you from time to time. You guys take this way too seriously.  😄 

7 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

The fact you reduce such an incredibly complex issue to this says all I need to know. 

It really isn't that complex. 

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

Yeah sorry we have empathy for other people and their rights. Get fucked

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Lol. I like to come into this section to rattle some if you from time to time. You guys take this way too seriously.  😄 

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

It really isn't that complex. 

Women’s rights are kind of serious business. 

And the fact you’ve ignored all of Wade’s points shows that it is far more of a complex issue than you want to think. 

The bottomline is this: a pro-life person had better be willing to unreservedly support the significantly higher social spending which will lead to the economic conditions that would be required to truly implement a "culture of life" (whatever the hell that is) AND the necessarily higher taxes that would be required to pay for that state of affairs, otherwise they have absolutely no moral leg to stand on and I don't want to hear a word out of their goddamned mouth.

• Like 2
  • True 1
  • Halal 6