How disgusted are you by food?

Kal-El814

32 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I see a lot of you are cowards when it comes to fish, as expected. Yet somehow I’m the one most likely to actually eat shit which I did not expect.

Fish tastes like the environment it lives in, and I don't like that. The smell isn't pleasant either, but if I liked it, I probably wouldn't mind it.

food-disgust?p=50,75,38,19,38,56,44,31&l

Also not a fan of fish usually. It's just kind of a lesser food to me, though I'm not disgusted by it.

It asked about biting into an "irregular" bit of meat, which I interpreted as "eating soft meat and then biting into something rock hard" which instantly sets off my gag reflex and I will spit that bit out and not touch the rest. It's why I can't eat cheap hot dogs; they always have that kinda shit in them.

Result chart

I've worked in food service for far too long to be grossed out by most things. Most restaurants are fucking disgusting if you look hard enough. You don't notice because it's not that big of a deal.

you know what I do when i find a hair or a fly in my drink? I pluck it out and drink my drink.

10 hours ago, GoldenTongue said:

Feels like I'm sharing the thread with a buncha culinary cowards, tbh.

The only one that was weird for me on my own score was the mold one. I like blue cheese and things like it, but I did answer that I don't eat bread with mold on it. I have no idea if this is true but I remember reading as a kid that if mold is visible on the outside it's propagated through the loaf. I have no idea if that's correct, but it stuck with me. So it's not "eww mold" for me in that instance insomuch as it is my assumption is that the bread is just compromised at that point.

But maybe I'm splitting hairs. Shocking, I know. :p

10 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Most restaurants are fucking disgusting if you look hard enough.

Hard? The vast swathe is dumped into decor, everyone else is participating in Thunderdome. And more often than not you're getting all the subsections all at once.

• True 1

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

The only one that was weird for me on my own score was the mold one. I like blue cheese and things like it, but I did answer that I don't eat bread with mold on it. I have no idea if this is true but I remember reading as a kid that if mold is visible on the outside it's propagated through the loaf. I have no idea if that's correct, but it stuck with me. So it's not "eww mold" for me in that instance insomuch as it is my assumption is that the bread is just compromised at that point.

But maybe I'm splitting hairs. Shocking, I know. :p

You're definitely supposed to throw bread away if it has even a little mold on it.

Doesn't mean I always do it. I'm not dead yet.