Red Velvet cake is a mean trick

What? Don't like your chocolate/vanilla cake with red food coloring and vinegar? I'm sure there's some great red velvet out there that uses just amazing buttermilk instead of upping the tang with vinegar, but I feel like there are a million better options to heap on the calories via cake and cream cheese frosting.

I've only have had some kind of Red Velvet cake-like cookie sandwich and I didn't like it.

Yellow with chocolate frosting or Chocolate with white or chocolate frosting is the way to go. I actually prefer a denser cake like a pound/loaf cake tho.

Haven't actually had any cake in a while. Cake, while not bad, is almost the worst dessert. I'd rather have brownies, cinnamon rolls, cookies, or donuts. Most pie is worse than cake for me but I'd rather have an oreo pie over any cake but cake over any other pie.

I also do not like cream cheese frosting.

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

Still playing flip cup at your advanced age???

That was 2 kids, 3 jobs, and 8-10 years ago. No idea when exactly, I completely forget.

There used to be a mini tradition among my friends here that for your 40th birthday you get 40 red solo cups and 40oz of malt liquor and flip all the cups by yourself while being cheered on by the group. I’m not yet 40 (still have 5 years!) so I haven’t done it, and may not because it looks as though this tradition was killed by the pandemic.