Nikki Haley planning Feb. 15 launch for 2024 White House bid

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

RIP in Peace, Chris "Bridgegate" Christie's campaign.

I only saw the headline, but my immediate thought is he doesn't want to split the New Hampshire vote, as a Haley NH victory would shake up the race.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

Though I just listened to the hot mic, and he apparently thinks Haley's going to get smoked and "isn't up to this" so maybe not.

I would agree with that assessment. She completely fumbles softballs like “what was the cause of the civil war?” She’s not going to weather a barrage of Trump’s awfulness and his cult. 

WWW.POLITICO.COM

The former governor made some interesting revelations right before dropping out.

On the hot mic, Christie was also caught musing about Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, who he said had called him, “petrified.” It’s unclear what DeSantis was petrified of.

2 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I would agree with that assessment. She completely fumbles softballs like “what was the cause of the civil war?” She’s not going to weather a barrage of Trump’s awfulness and his cult. 

Her problem is she's in no position to lose any votes, so she's terrified to piss off any conservative, even "The south will rise again" coalition.

10 hours ago, Massdriver said:

Drop out Ron. 

I wonder if he’s psychologically capable. Literally everything he did as governor of Florida was just prep work for a presidential run as the next Trump.  Like, the actual job of governing the state was not even a priority, so much as a side-effect.  Dropping out is essentially admitting it was all for nothing and his life’s work is meaningless.

• True 1
  • Sicko 1

2 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

I wonder if he’s psychologically capable. Literally everything he did as governor of Florida was just prep work for a presidential run as the next Trump.  Like, the actual job of governing the state was not even a priority, so much as a side-effect.  Dropping out is essentially admitting it was all for nothing and his life’s work is meaningless.

I kinda get that vibe from him too. Like shuffling back to Florida in defeat and just being governor is infathomable for him. There was no plan B for losing. And I shudder to think what sort of governing he would do in an even more bitter and cynical state of mind.

was talking to my friend yesterday and we ate both fucking dreading this election no matter what. the last one was fucking terrible. if trump fucking wins the nomination and we gotta do this again… 

i think desantis has a chance to over perform in iowa. i haven’t read a single thing about iowa that’s just my feeling. i think meatball might have some supporters that will help him finish above haley. 

I don’t know, I don’t hear ANYTHING about DeSantis anymore.  Honestly all I think he’s doing is blowing his chance at a VP pick and nothing else.

What even is the point of a primary if the entire thing is a competition of who will do everything Trump would do?  What are the meaningful policy distinctions between any of these people?  It’s a rat race to be RC cola when Coke is still on the menu.  Good fucking luck.

Yeah. Christie was the only one offering some potential maybe if you squint semblance of a meaningful alternate to Trump. Everyone else is just trying to show how cool they are if you already like Trump. The party voters have a clear preference. Haley and DeSantis are secretly hoping he goes to jail while simultaneously auditioning for VP while that one other ratfucker VC douche is all but screaming “pick me for VP” and that’s just the reality. Trump still dominates the party and his cult will see the at he dies until he keels over dead.

Then when he’s dead there will be a conspiracy about how he’s secretly alive and really controlling everything in the party. His specter will dominate the party even after he’s dead. 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

I hope more polling is done on this for more states.

THEHILL.COM

Just under half of likely Iowa GOP caucusgoers who support former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley indicated that they would make a crossover to the Democratic...

Interesting but I feel like GOP voters always make a lot of noise during the primaries and then fall in line for the general election. 

• True 2

6 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I hope more polling is done on this for more states.

THEHILL.COM

Just under half of likely Iowa GOP caucusgoers who support former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley indicated that they would make a crossover to the Democratic party, saying that they would rather vote …

I gotta ask: what was the sample size on this? I just can’t believe that many would cross party lines when it comes down to it.

I want to be wrong. :p 

7 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

She just needs to take second at around 24% for it to be a ‘win’. NH is the real test for her. 

Exactly. No one talking about the other candidates in Iowa were expecting them to win Iowa.

• Like 1