Nikki Haley planning Feb. 15 launch for 2024 White House bid

Trump has made a few fairly sane and positive comments about this which stands in stark contrast to how he talks about Desantis.

It's because he know Destantis is an actual threat and he also knows that the more people that enter the ring, the better his odds are.

I feel like the GOP is going to do a hard turn on Trump very soon. If they want to have any sort of chance moving forward they need to completely abandon Trump. Rip off the band aid and just suffer the fallout with his base of loyalists.

I don't think it's likely to happen, but I can see Trump (possibly) winning the Republican primary... but I just can't see him ever winning the General election again. I think he's too toxic for the vast majority of people.

The crazy thing about Trump is that he isn't really a Republican at all. He will 100% turn on the entire party and burn it all to the ground. He just doesn't really care about anything but his legacy and standing in the world.

I have a feeling that this upcoming presidential election will be the messiest and nastiest we have ever seen. It's going to make past insanity seem quaint.

7 hours ago, ort said:

I feel like the GOP is going to do a hard turn on Trump very soon. If they want to have any sort of chance moving forward they need to completely abandon Trump. Rip off the band aid and just suffer the fallout with his base of loyalists.

I don't think it's likely to happen, but I can see Trump (possibly) winning the Republican primary... but I just can't see him ever winning the General election again. I think he's too toxic for the vast majority of people.

The crazy thing about Trump is that he isn't really a Republican at all. He will 100% turn on the entire party and burn it all to the ground. He just doesn't really care about anything but his legacy and standing in the world.

I have a feeling that this upcoming presidential election will be the messiest and nastiest we have ever seen. It's going to make past insanity seem quaint.

I mean it's like made for TV movie where all the clues point to the obvious and then it's 100% not that and you are like "WTF who wrote this shit" and that's what this will be. Turn on Trump...sure sure sure...until no Trump turns on everyone and they all blow him again.

On 2/1/2023 at 1:55 PM, ort said:

The GOP are now a bunch of heroin junkies. Trump has lost them the House, the Senate, and the Presidency in three different elections.*

They can’t kick the monkey off their back when he inevitably costs them again.

*Sure, they won back the House BARELY, but this past midterm should have been a BLOODBATH for the Democrats.

• True 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Also, what's with South Carolina Republicans this cycle? Is Graham gonna try again too?

1676056918398.jpg
WWW.AXIOS.COM

Scott ramping up his operation is a significant obstacle to Nikki Haley.

I would like Romney to run again on the basis of “told ya so” regarding Russia. Ya know, for the lulz

3 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Better than DeSantis, you think?

DeSantis will get curb stomped in a primary debate worse then when Christie killed Rubio, IMO. I mean, let's go back in time and remember some of Trump's primary gems from 2016...

Jeb: My mother is the strongest person I know.

Trump: Maybe she should be the one running then...

Jeb: My brother kept us safe!
Trump: I remember at least one day during his run that I didn't feel safe.

I mean, I don't expect Tim Scott to do much better against Trump.

26 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Better than DeSantis, you think?

Yes. Senators don’t have the baggage that governors do and because of his race (and a few bipartisan wins on that account like the anti lynching bill). He also out performed fellow incumbent governor McMaster who he was on the ballot with by about 5 points. 

20 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

DeSantis will get curb stomped in a primary debate worse then when Christie killed Rubio, IMO. I mean, let's go back in time and remember some of Trump's primary gems from 2016...

Jeb: My mother is the strongest person I know.

Trump: Maybe she should be the one running then...

Jeb: My brother kept us safe!
Trump: I remember at least one day during his run that I didn't feel safe.

I mean, I don't expect Tim Scott to do much better against Trump.

Being a winner in the general I meant to say

37 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Being a winner in the general I meant to say

Okay, that makes sense to me!

37 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

That was back when Trump had his wits about him. He's a bit more senile now, I bet everyone else has some zingers for him.

And they have had years and years and years to develop zingers and figure out how to debate him. Hillary and Biden outperformed him on all the debates. Granted, the Democrats were better going after a general election audience, but now that trump is a known quantity, Republicans should have no excuse going up against him.

I’m not saying he’s gonna lose the debates. I’m just saying if they are spanked just like 2016, then that’s stupid since at least you could say no one cracked the code in how to debate him at that point.

I think the problem is people like this probably know they won’t win but also know that the press cycle around just attempting it is worth the effort to bolster future book sales and speaking engagements since they can say “former presidential candidate” as if that means anything.

5 hours ago, stepee said:

I think the problem is people like this probably know they won’t win but also know that the press cycle around just attempting it is worth the effort to bolster future book sales and speaking engagements since they can say “former presidential candidate” as if that means anything.

And that should kill your soul. The circus is getting larger and larger, somehow meme potential is a presidential quality now.

• True 1