Microsoft to hold "Xbox Developer_Direct" showcase with Arkane/Bethesda/others on January 25, update: Starfield to receive dedicated standalone show

Commissar SFLUFAN

noafqdyYoSqt3pzMnytDtT-1200-80.jpg
WWW.WINDOWSCENTRAL.COM

A showcase of upcoming Xbox games is on the horizon.

• A new Xbox showcase has been rumored for some time now, and we believe we have some concrete information on it finally.
  • Our sources suggest the showcase is called Xbox Developer_Direct, and will feature content from Xbox and Bethesda.
  • We're expecting the show to go live on January 25, at 12PM PT. Although that may be subject to change. 
  • Games expected to appear include Redfall, Forza Motorsport, and Minecraft Legends. 
  • This will be an intimate look at major games for 2023, as Microsoft seeks to ramp up transparency and frequency on upcoming Xbox games. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, best3444 said:

No way.

It is going to be Fallout 76, but single player and in space with a large focus of crafting and gathering. The game will be littered with MMO-esque content and a lackluster storyline. People will eat it up too because people love eating literal dogshit. Mark my words. This is this games fate. Reviewers and players will love it, until your average critic come out and makes these exact same comparisons. And then I will be proven right. 

Well, at least that is my prediction and I am basing it on No Man's Sky. 

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

It is going to be Fallout 76, but single player and in space with a large focus of crafting and gathering. The game will be littered with MMO-esque content and a lackluster storyline. People will eat it up too because people love eating literal dogshit. Mark my words. This is this games fate. Reviewers and players will love it, until your average critic come out and makes these exact same comparisons. And then I will be proven right. 

Well, at least that is my prediction and I am basing it on No Man's Sky. 

K.

4 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I will literally take off the week Starfied comes out, or the week after if it's a Friday or whatever.  If not, Red Fall coming soon I'll at least check out. 

Starfield will be massive and incredible. They've been working on it for YEARS lol.

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Every game gets worked on for years. 

Bethesda is absolutely outstanding and Skyrim is proof of their abilities and longevity. Fallout 76 was a cash grab and a gigantic mistake on their end. But believe me when I say Starfield will be an incredible game that will be around as long as Skyrim has. Just watch.

11 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Duke Nukem Forever

Nice try wise guy. Now, the game will have a bunch of technical flaws that will be apparent day one per Bethesda. But I have faith this may be their most polished game yet because they basically have no time table set for release from Microsoft. They are taking their good ol time with this and I'm completely fine with that. I know it will be a classic. 

31 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Bethesda is absolutely outstanding and Skyrim is proof of their abilities and longevity. Fallout 76 was a cash grab and a gigantic mistake on their end. But believe me when I say Starfield will be an incredible game that will be around as long as Skyrim has. Just watch.

Fallout 4 also happened 

31 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Fallout 4 also happened 

I really enjoyed that even though it wasn't one of their better efforts. If you have gamepass Starfield will cost you nothing. When you play it for a good amount of time I want this thread bumped with your thoughts. 

I did not like Fallout 4 but I did like being able to fuck robot turned synth. I'll post my thoughts if I play it, but as of now I don't plan on getting it. I really have a suspicion that it will revolve around crafting and gathering and some kind of creation mechanic. 

4 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

IF the RUMOR is true and Starfield is not shown, then buckle up kids, because we're not getting it in H1 2023! 

The rumor is they aren't going to show a ton of big games here because they want to save the big games for a big show like E3.

This is more like the Nintendo Showcases where they show smaller games but not heavy hitters.

How the fuck do you people play Bethesda games and think anything other than "wow I wish these weren't shit"?

Oh boy I hope the combat sucks shit, movement is janky as fuck, the animations suck and the quests all feel "radiant" despite being handcrafted. Can't wait for 6 voice actors to repeat the same lines every time I walk by them and towns with like 3 buildings. Hoo boy ruins #335 it's like all the previous ruins except for some reason the exit door doesn't work! Hell yeah!

• True 1

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The rumor is they aren't going to show a ton of big games here because they want to save the big games for a big show like E3.

This is more like the Nintendo Showcases where they show smaller games but not heavy hitters.

E3's over recent years have made me jaded enough never to believe this.  It's become more about teasing big games you'll get a substantive look at later.

It's also not hard to envision these being heavier hitters than what Microsoft releases the rest of the year.  So on that note, I'm here for it.

10 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

How the fuck do you people play Bethesda games and think anything other than "wow I wish these weren't shit"?

Oh boy I hope the combat sucks shit, movement is janky as fuck, the animations suck and the quests all feel "radiant" despite being handcrafted. Can't wait for 6 voice actors to repeat the same lines every time I walk by them and towns with like 3 buildings. Hoo boy ruins #335 it's like all the previous ruins except for some reason the exit door doesn't work! Hell yeah!

I love you :lol:

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think the rumors are also indicating that they’re being purposely quiet until the Activision acquisition is approved due to Sony’s nonsensical objections.

12 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

The same way I will hit up a Golden Corral every once in a while, even though I know the food is gonna be kinda shit.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

You just described like every open world game ever. 

2 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

The same way I will hit up a Golden Corral every once in a while, even though I know the food is gonna be kinda shit.

See now THAT makes sense.

57 minutes ago, Dodger said:

You just described like every open world game ever. 

Maybe, but Bethesda somehow does it worse, and has worst-in-class gameplay to boot. They've sold enough copies to hire a gameplay lead! And a second animator! But they just won't!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

You don’t spend $70 to eat a 100 hour meal at Golden Corral. :p

BSG games coast on vibes I enjoy, mods, and the notion that I like digitally cleaning my room, so my body is ready for Starfield even though I know there’s a lot that will be shit. 

On 1/9/2023 at 8:14 PM, Xbob42 said:

it definitely becomes less forgivable with each game. With Fallout 76 it felt like they just decided “fuck it” and leaned into the meme that their games release in buggy and broken state. And since we laugh about the repetitive NPCs they’d fix that by just not having any. 

I’ll try the game only because it will be on GamePass. But I’m neither in a hurry to play it nor setting the bar very high. Even if they raise the bar for Bethesda title launches it will still make Cuber Punk’s release state look flawlessly executed. 

• Haha 1