Kevin McCarthy poised to lose first-round vote for Speaker for the first time in a century | Update: McCarthy "wins" Speakership in the FIFTEENTH round...on a technicality

1 hour ago, osxmatt said:

Omar removed from foreign affairs because she’s Muslim, right?

Because she's: Black, Muslim, a woman, a naturalized immigrant, from a poor family, because she dresses traditionally for a Muslim, from the progressive caucus, fights back, there's so many to pick from, I'm sure I'm missing many more!

• Halal 2

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Remember when the right-wing threw a hissy fit over incandescent bulbs? Nowadays who would even want to buy them? Obviously there are a few niche cases where they are great (extreme temperatures, etc)...but they still exist in those cases.

I think they are still on that fit tho

But ya I probably should* check out of this thread and just wait to see if anything of matter actually happens as this looks like it’s just going to become a doom scrolling thread with all the shitty and stupid things they will be throwing out there non stop (while not actually achieving anything).

*i won’t 

23 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Remember when the right-wing threw a hissy fit over incandescent bulbs? Nowadays who would even want to buy them? Obviously there are a few niche cases where they are great (extreme temperatures, etc)...but they still exist in those cases.

There’s no hissy fit because the greatest president that is or ever has been, Donald John trump, brought them back. PROMISE MADE PROMISES KEPT

• 6 months later...

Another member who witnessed the exchange provided even more context: “They were in each other’s faces. Basically nose-to-nose. And Swalwell said something like, ‘Are we really gonna do this?’”

After some back-and-forth, with chests puffed out, McCarthy issued a challenge to Swalwell: “Call me a pussy again, and I’ll kick your ass,” the Speaker allegedly said.

While both members told nearly identical versions of this story, they both delivered Swalwell’s response in exactly the same way.

“You. Are. A. Pussy,” Swalwell told McCarthy.

After both men stared each other down for another moment, McCarthy eventually relented. He stepped to the side and let Swalwell through to the bathroom—without kicking his ass—and carried on with his duty hosting the leader of a major U.S. ally in the House chamber.

230727-mccarthy-swalwell-pussy-hero_i2np
WWW.THEDAILYBEAST.COM

There's a story going around Capitol Hill that Democrats are delighted to tell.

no lies detected

18 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

After seeing how well McCarthy reacts to being made a bitch by Trump I am surprised he didn't come out of that confrontation with Swalwell by endorsing him for President.

He was probably too busy running to the bathroom to use the Speaker's gavel as a dildo.

• Confused 1