GTA 6 leak - Open Spoilers (reddit post), update: Schreier confirms authenticity of leak

Bacon

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Wonder if they are hard at work on that first trailer now to get a better impression in peoples minds.

I hope so.

57 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Looking forward to this. This will probably be the last GTA game to come our before I'm too old to pick up a controller lol

Same for me as I’m 52, and I’ll be in my 60s by the time that Grand Theft Auto VII comes out. I hope to still be gaming then, but with my health gradually declining due to DKA I’m not sure that I will be.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

Why haven’t you played any of the games except for Chinatown Wars? Are they a genre that you don’t care for?

Just haven't gotten around to them yet. I will one day. I have IV on Steam. Probably won't bother with the older games at this point, but I'll play IV, and V at some point. 

6 minutes ago, Brick said:

Just haven't gotten around to them yet. I will one day. I have IV on Steam. Probably won't bother with the older games at this point, but I'll play IV, and V at some point. 

It’s a little surprising that you haven’t played any of them at this point considering their popularity, there must be something about them that just hasn’t piqued your interest in them for you to go so long without playing them. The PS2 era games are probably too dated to play now, but IV and V should still hold up decently enough when you finally get around to them granted that it’s not years from now. :p

On a technical level, I think GTA 6 looks pretty good, considering how obviously early it is. It's easy to imagine that with a few more effects and lighting passes it would be a very good looking game. I have to imagine that post GTAO that R*'s priorities might have shifted towards multiplayer, so it's nice to see them seemingly continuing to build out their excellent single player campaigns.

I understand why devs hate leaks like this, and obviously if source code was stolen, that's a big deal, but seeing anything of the game does make me excited. I just hope it isn't too many years away.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

21 minutes ago, Brick said:

This game is three years away. I could see them scraping last gen versions once the supply for the new consoles is better, and more people have them. 

Like skillz mentioned earlier, there is no way they will ignore the millions of PS4 users for sales alone. It will come out for the PS4 no doubt. 

22 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Second protagonist seems to be a blue collar redneck. I'm good with that... don't think we've seen that in GTA either yet.

As we get closer to release, I'll revisit the series. Haven't played some of these games in forever. 

Rednecks huh? Gonna make for an interesting hot coffee mod. :mthinking:

27 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Like skillz mentioned earlier, there is no way they will ignore the millions of PS4 users for sales alone. It will come out for the PS4 no doubt. 

I always forget GTAV was a PS3/Xbox360 game. That is crazy.  There is no doubt Rockstar will add as much fog as necessary to get the game running for all those PS4/Xbone users.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

59 minutes ago, Brick said:

This game is three years away.

I think that it might come out in 2024, of course it could be later than that but that’s when I think that they’ll release it. We’ll see.

3 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

There is no doubt Rockstar will add as much fog as necessary to get the game running for all those PS4/Xbone users.

:lol:

All this recent Grand Theft Auto talk got me in the mood to play Grand Theft Auto V again, I only played it one time on Xbox 360 back when it originally came out. I’m playing it on PS4 now, and for a nine year old PS3/Xbox 360 game it still looks really good. In fact, it looks just as good if not even better than some last gen games. I just played the new Saints Row, and it doesn’t look as good which is part of the reason why it’s been receiving some flak.

GTAV’s city/world is extremely detailed, realized and realistic looking. And it’s not just its graphics that are impressive, but also how lively and lived-in that it all feels. There’s a lot of NPCs and cars/vehicles inhabiting it, and they perform/react fairly realistically in it.

The game in general is top-tier for its genre, and an example as to why GTA is considered the king of urban open world games. I’m really looking forward to GTAVI, and I hope that Rockstar releases a trailer for it soon.

I just hope that the new game retains the quality of missions seen in V.. it was mostly a step up from previous games… Additionally I hope the majority of the cars find themselves in the new games’ SP… having so many cars being online only was annoying… gotta have car racing in this game, specially since midnight club is MIA

On 9/19/2022 at 3:59 AM, Phaseknox said:

Why haven’t you played any of the games except for Chinatown Wars? Are they a genre that you don’t care for?

I don't know about him, but I definitely have never enjoyed the series. Hated the shitty controls and gameplay, personally. But, I know I'm the minority.

16 hours ago, best3444 said:

Even though it is cross platform I have no doubts that this game will look fantastic on the new machines. 

Has there actually been confirmation of this being cross gen (they have all beencross platform), or are people pretending that the leaks are final models, therefore this must be on last generation? Because I can't find anything about it being on ps4.

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

I don't know about him, but I definitely have never enjoyed the series. Hated the shitty controls and gameplay, personally. But, I know I'm the minority.

He said that he just never got around to playing them, and I was just curious why he hadn’t considering their popularity. You played them but didn’t care for them which is different from not playing them at all. I agree that the controls and gameplay of the PS2 era games aren’t very good, but they improved in GTAIV and V IMO. The earlier games and to a certain degree the newer ones are Jack of all trades master of none type of games. They include a lot of different gameplay styles such as on-foot character traversal, shooting and driving in big open world playgrounds, but none of it is quite as good as it tends to be in games dedicated to one specific gameplay type. For me they offer such a variety of different fun things to do in them that I still really enjoy them despite them not having the best controls and gameplay.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

GTA didn't get playable until SA tbqh imo iidssm

Even San Andreas doesn’t play all that well IMO, controls and gameplay didn’t really improve until GTAIV and V.

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

Has there actually been confirmation of this being cross gen (they have all beencross platform), or are people pretending that the leaks are final models, therefore this must be on last generation? Because I can't find anything about it being on ps4.

It’s all speculation at this point, Rockstar hasn’t officially announced what platforms GTAVI is coming to yet. However, no GTA in the past has been cross-gen at launch and I don’t think that GTAVI will be either. We’ll see.

• Halal 1

10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

By the time GTA VI comes out in 2024/2025 the PS4 and Xbone will be dead in the grave.

4 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

Exactly, I don’t expect any more support for PS4 or Xbox One after next year. I can’t imagine a big AAA release like Grand Theft Auto VI being cross-gen in 2024 or later.

I really hope it has been built from the ground up with just the new consoles and PC in mind. It's time to move on from last gen...Christ.

If GTAVI, which probably isn't coming out for 3-ish years, is on last gen consoles, that's kind of a shame. Yea, yea, more people can play it or whatever (the PS5 and XSX will be about 5 years old at that point so... like... c'mon now), but it won't be taking advantage of the new hardware in a meaningful way. Sure, it can scale graphics, but it won't be using the M.2s beyond loads of save games/fast travel or the much better CPUs at all.

• Sad 1