GTA 6 leak - Open Spoilers (reddit post), update: Schreier confirms authenticity of leak

Bacon

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Xbone is already dead. If you look at that new sonic game there is no Xbone version, only a PS4 version. Basically Sony holding everyone back.

Sony isn’t holding anyone back, there’s very few big AAA games still coming out for PS4 and the ones that are began as last gen games to begin with. PS4 support is almost dead at this point, and I suspect that it will be completely dead by 2024.

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

If GTAVI, which probably isn't coming out for 3-ish years, is on last gen consoles, that's kind of a shame.

For some reason I think that it’s going to come out in 2024. I could be wrong of course, but I have a feeling that’s when they’re going to release it. I also don’t think that there’s going to be last gen versions of it either, but I could be wrong about that too. I’m hoping that with the leaks that Rockstar finally share some concrete information about it soon.

2 hours ago, Phaseknox said:
5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Sony isn’t holding anyone back, there’s very few big AAA games still coming out for PS4 and the ones that are began as last gen games to begin with. PS4 support is almost dead at this point, and I suspect that it will be completely dead by 2024.

Pretty sure Sony first parties are still being released for the PS4 and PS5. Also I can't see Rockstar ignoring the large user bases of the PS4 and Xbone and releasing GTAVI exclusively for the next gen consoles when they can just release a cross gen version then release an "enhanced" version later. Also I gotta disagree with you about GTA V looking better than Saints Row. The lighting effects ALONE in Saints Row blow anything away in GTA V... especially the last gen versions of that game.

22 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Also I gotta disagree with you about GTA V looking better than Saints Row. The lighting effects ALONE in Saints Row blow anything away in GTA V... especially the last gen versions of that game.

I own both and GTA V (PS5 version) looks better than Saints Row 2022. 

Just now, best3444 said:

I'll fire both of them up shortly to double check. You're probably correct about the lighting. 

Also it depends on what mode you're playing Saints Row in. I play with all the fancy lighting effects enabled and was just playing as I was posting earlier. The lighting in that game is really well done.

I own GTAV on three different platforms including PC. It's a great looking game, and the art style may Appeal more to some,  but the lighting in Saints Row wins it for me. Unless you're using one of those photo realistic mods for GTA on PC. It's all personal preference though. No one is right or wrong. 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Pretty sure Sony first parties are still being released for the PS4 and PS5.

I think that God of War: Ragnarok is the last Sony first party game being released for PS4, but I could be mistaken.

I can't see Rockstar ignoring the large user bases of the PS4 and Xbone and releasing GTAVI exclusively for the next gen consoles when they can just release a cross gen version then release an "enhanced" version later.

You could be right, I guess that we’ll find out for sure when Rockstar finally officially reveals the game which is hopefully soon.

I gotta disagree with you about GTA V looking better than Saints Row. The lighting effects ALONE in Saints Row blow anything away in GTA V... especially the last gen versions of that game.

Just coming off of Saints Row and now playing Grand Theft Auto V, I personally feel that GTAV looks a little better overall. But I’m strictly talking about the PS4 versions of the games, because I haven’t played the current gen console or PC versions.

10 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

Just coming off of Saints Row and now playing Grand Theft Auto V, I personally feel that GTAV looks a little better overall. But I’m strictly talking about the PS4 versions of the games, because I haven’t played the current gen console or PC versions.

I'm going to play them both right now. I'll report back. 

I own both versions as well, GTA V Xbox series X version and I'm gonna respectfully disagree.

I think it depends on what aspects. Lighting effects Saints Row wins, Saints Row also has the best non-ray traced reflections that I think I've ever seen (I had to double check to make sure that it only had ray tracing for HBAO and not reflections - that’s how god the reflections are, especially on cars). But character models, car models, environments, particle and volumetric effects, etc, I think GTAV wins.

30 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I think it depends on what aspects. Lighting effects Saints Row wins, Saints Row also has the best non-ray traced reflections that I think I've ever seen (I had to double check to make sure that it only had ray tracing for HBAO and not reflections - that’s how god the reflections are, especially on cars). But character models, car models, environments, particle and volumetric effects, etc, I think GTAV wins.

I was gonna comment on the reflections as well. They are insane. The particle effects are off the charts too. Like i said it's all personal preference.  I love great lighting  

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Also I can't see Rockstar ignoring the large user bases of the PS4 and Xbone and releasing GTAVI exclusively for the next gen consoles when they can just release a cross gen version then release an "enhanced" version later.

You could say that about any generation though, and how many big AAA PS3 and Xbox 360 games came out in 2017/2018? By the time GTA VI comes out it'll be 2024/2025. I'm leaning more to 2025. The install base for the new generation will be much, much bigger by then as more, and more people upgrade from PS4 to PS5, and Xbone to Series X/S. Hell by that time there will probably also be a PS5 Pro and a Series Z or whatever they call it. 

• True 1

38 minutes ago, Brick said:

You could say that about any generation though, and how many big AAA PS3 and Xbox 360 games came out in 2017/2018? By the time GTA VI comes out it'll be 2024/2025. I'm leaning more to 2025. The install base for the new generation will be much, much bigger by then as more, and more people upgrade from PS4 to PS5, and Xbone to Series X/S. Hell by that time there will probably also be a PS5 Pro and a Series Z or whatever they call it. 

While there is plenty of time for R* to change their mind, I’d also be kinda surprised if 6 ends up coming out for the PS4/X One.

Not only will the install base of the current gen consoles be pretty solidified by then, I have to imagine that R* sees GTA6 as a game that will last multiple generations going forward. Seems like they’d want to build a game with the technical foundation to last for quite a while going forward.

1 hour ago, Brick said:

38 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

While there is plenty of time for R* to change their mind, I’d also be kinda surprised if 6 ends up coming out for the PS4/X One.

Not only will the install base of the current gen consoles be pretty solidified by then, I have to imagine that R* sees GTA6 as a game that will last multiple generations going forward. Seems like they’d want to build a game with the technical foundation to last for quite a while going forward.

Both great points. R* will try to milk GTA6 for years to come like part V and in order for them to pull that off it has to strictly utilize current gen hardware. 

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Looks like devs have be coming out in defense of the game trying to show the public that games very early in development do not look good.

I have absolutely no doubts GTA 6 will look incredible. I was kinda shocked at first but realized that was probably so old. 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I have absolutely no doubts GTA 6 will look incredible. I was kinda shocked at first but realized that was probably so old. 

Yeah, no one seems to really care about the Grand Theft Auto VI leaked footage because everyone knows that it was just early unfinished test footage and that the game is still at least a couple of years away from release.

• True 1

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

The world is more outraged about a kid stealing some video game clips than of Brett Favre stealing millions of Covid relief funds from Mississippis most poorest residents to build his daughters school a volleyball stadium. 

I don't think "The world" even knows about the GTA hack or the Uber one for that matter.

4 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

For clarification, has there been any prior mention for a GTA6 release date?  I tried searching quick but a bunch of junky articles come up mostly about the recent hack.  I feel like I remember reading someone saying a certain year? In my head I keep thinking why couldn't this be a 2023 game.

No, Rockstar has only acknowledged working on it and nothing more beyond that. They haven’t shared any details about it whatsoever. The soonest some people expect it to come out is 2024, but a lot of people are speculating 2025 or even later based on the fact that Rockstar hasn’t shared anything at all about it so far.

Usually when games are only a year or two away from release companies share some information about them, and show some screenshots and/or gameplay videos. But Rockstar hasn’t shared anything about the game, so many think that it’s still early in development and won’t come out for at least a couple of more years.

I was hoping that the leaks might get Rockstar to finally share some concrete information about it, but they don’t seem to really care about the assumptions and speculations that people have been making about it since the leaks. So nobody knows when they might finally share some information about it at this point. Hopefully it’s before the end of the year, but who knows?

• Halal 1

@Phaseknox Makes sense. I looked back at old GTA release dates and it was crazy to think we got GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas all within 3 years.  

Next year will have been 5 years since Red Dead Redemption 2.  There was a 5 year gap between GTAV and RDR2. They layed the groundwork with GTAV and continue to work on Online.  It just doesn't feel like a stretch to me that their new game could come out next year or 2024 at the latest.  Though Covid may have slowed them down plus I think there was talk they are trying not to crunch their employees as hard. We shall see!

@DarkStar189 To put it in perspective the past two games (RDR2 and GTAV) both games have been planned to release within a year of their reveal.

RDR2 was announced in October 2016 and they planned to release it the next year

GTAV was announced October 2011 with a projected release date of 2013

Both games were actually delayed but GTAV still hit 2013, RDR2 got delayed a year.

So GTAVI has not been announced yet and if these trends continue you won't see it until a year after it's officially announced if not longer. Best case scenario they follow recent trends of announcing games within 6 months of release, but all of this is way off.

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@DarkStar189 To put it in perspective the past two games (RDR2 and GTAV) both games have been planned to release within a year of their reveal.

RDR2 was announced in October 2016 and they planned to release it the next year

GTAV was announced October 2011 with a projected release date of 2013

Both games were actually delayed but GTAV still hit 2013, RDR2 got delayed a year.

So GTAVI has not been announced yet and if these trends continue you won't see it until a year after it's officially announced if not longer. Best case scenario they follow recent trends of announcing games within 6 months of release, but all of this is way off.

Rumor is, they are releasing the first trailer on October 29th. The original release day for Vice City (20th year anniversary).

I could seem them releasing a trailer this year and releasing the game Spring 2024. 

2 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

Where did you hear this rumor? It would be cool if true.

A YouTube video I watched about the leak etc. I can try to find it. 

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I haven't heard any legitimate rumor person say that so I would just say that's probably a copium rumor more than anything.

Probably.

• 10 months later...