GTA 6 leak - Open Spoilers (reddit post), update: Schreier confirms authenticity of leak

Bacon

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to GTA 6 leak - Open Spoilers (reddit post), update: Schreier confirms authenticity of leak
2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

See the post above yours for the reason why :p

I think people are maybe coming around on this. If you remember the new Skate game showed off VERY early footage and most people were cool with it.

Overall I don't think this is a huge deal. If the hackers stole some code or something then I think that would be a much juicier story.

49 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

If you remember the new Skate game showed off VERY early footage and most people were cool with it

Well, part of that is due to the devs just saying so. Another thing is that the last skate came out forever ago and RDR2 is pretty recent so there is something to compare. Without there being some official statement, idiots, honest or pretending, have free rein in saying how shit this looks for a nextgen game. 

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Idiots say anything anytime they want so that really shouldn't factor into anything.

I mean, it helped keep the idiots in line with skate, right? People need to be told it looks bad because it is unfinished. If they aren't, they'll just assume it is bad. 

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

This looks like GTAV with graphics mods, maybe a little better. 

rachel dratch television GIF by Saturday Night Live

Makes a lot of sense for them to use GTAV as a base to work off of. Especially since "next gen" is really just an iteration over last gen anyway.

Kind of reminds me of how from the Nintendo Leaks we found out they ported SMB3 to SNES as a base to work out how to make the next Mario game.

Bunch of clips all over YouTube.  I'm not really surprised or excited by much that I've seen so far. Even though it doesn't have its final graphical polish, I still wonder if it will look much better than some of the GTAV mods that are out there. And if they are targeting the older consoles that kind of sucks.  Makes sense financially but seems like it's going to hold the game back in some way.

6 hours ago, Brick said:

Was anything noteworthy in those leaks? I guess it was never officially confirmed to be in Vice City, or have a female protagonist, but anything aside from that? 

Second protagonist seems to be a blue collar redneck. I'm good with that... don't think we've seen that in GTA either yet.

As we get closer to release, I'll revisit the series. Haven't played some of these games in forever. 

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

And if they are targeting the older consoles that kind of sucks.  Makes sense financially but seems like it's going to hold the game back in some way.

This is what disappoints me the most. I'm not looking forward to this as much as I was before. I thought they would build part 6 from the ground up on the new consoles instead of being greedy and putting it on the PS4. Meh.

44 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Man, that looks like shit.

Not because it looks unfinished, because it looks like they just made GTA V again, which I found to be incredibly boring to play. Such basic bitch gameplay and so little to actually do in the world or interact with in any meaningful way.

That's because you're not role playing the game while you play!

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Second protagonist seems to be a blue collar redneck. I'm good with that... don't think we've seen that in GTA either yet.

I have no interest in playing as the guy, the girl is a lot more appealing to me. I’m hoping that you can choose to play as one or the other for the entire game, because I don’t want to have to play as the guy for certain missions or anything like that.

55 minutes ago, best3444 said:

This is what disappoints me the most. I'm not looking forward to this as much as I was before. I thought they would build part 6 from the ground up on the new consoles instead of being greedy and putting it on the PS4. Meh.

I guess that I won’t have to get a PS5 for this. :p

• True 1

5 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I have no interest in playing as the guy, the girl is a lot more appealing to me. I’m hoping that you can choose to play as one or the other for the entire game, because I don’t want to have to play as the guy for certain missions or anything like that.

Given the way GTA games have worked in the past, I'm guessing you'll have to suffer looking at a man' butt... or more accurately,  his back, for some missions.  A Latina and a Redneck? Interesting combination for a GTA game and very appropriate set in fictional Florida. I'm hyped. 

• True 1

14 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I guess that I won’t have to get a PS5 for this. :p

True. And although I'm happy you get to play it the game will be held back heavily in almost all regards. 

This game is no longer a game I'm looking forward to. Pisses me off. 11-12 year wait and we see garbage like that above. 

21 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Given the way GTA games have worked in the past, I'm guessing you'll have to suffer looking at a man' butt... or more accurately,  his back, for some missions.  A Latina and a Redneck? Interesting combination for a GTA game and very appropriate set in fictional Florida. I'm hyped. 

I think that the two characters could make for a interesting duo, I’m just curious how the game is going to be shared between them. Is it going to be co-op where the two are always together and playing it solo you can switch between who you want to play as, or will you get to free roam as who you want and certain missions will be specific to one character or include both characters?

I’m hoping that these leaks finally get Rockstar to stop being silent, and share some information about the game. They’ve been quiet about it for too long, it’s time that they give us something.

Knowing Rockstar, don't be surprised if this is cross gen.  Why would they leave all that money just out there? Look at how much money they made off of GTA V. I lost count of how many times I bought that game LOL!

I was going to buy a PS5 for this game, but if it’s also on PS4 then I won’t have to. :p

Did you not play GTA V?

I played it, but Grand Theft Auto VI could be co-op so how the characters are played in it could be different. And since it’s only two characters instead of three maybe you can play as one or the other for the entire game. We won’t know for sure how it’s going to be done until Rockstar shares some information about it.

7 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

As we get closer to release, I'll revisit the series. Haven't played some of these games in forever. 

It's OK I haven't played ANY of the games except Chinatown Wars on the DS.