2022 Midterm Thread

6 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Perhaps, or maybe Walker is the manifestation of their caricature of a black man.

GettyImages-1239537466.jpg
WWW.THENATION.COM

Georgia Republicans have embraced Walker because they think any old Black person will do when it comes to their cynical strategy for defeating Raphael Warnock.

You would think Republicans would read these articles and realize the magnitude of their fuckup. But I don’t think so. Remember who they ran against Obama in 2004. 

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

Not like it matters if the GOP house will do nothing except obsess over Hunter Biden dick pics or whatever 

There was never anyway that Manchin was ever going to let us measure it. Now we have a chance to at least get some hard numbers.

Like what @Commissar SFLUFAN just posted and someone brought it up on CNN. Walker was winning the racist and white man vote because he acts like a black man in a movies from the early years of cinema. A man with not many words because they kept them uneducated. Still being run/working as a “help” for a “rich and powerful white man” 

Which might explain why this race was way closer then it had any fucking right too be

59 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Perhaps, or maybe Walker is the manifestation of their caricature of a black man.

GettyImages-1239537466.jpg
WWW.THENATION.COM

Georgia Republicans have embraced Walker because they think any old Black person will do when it comes to their cynical strategy for defeating Raphael Warnock.

Me and my coworker basically arrived at this conclusion the other day at work too.

4 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

Warnock beat Walker.

I'm glad Warnock won, but I'm not going to praise Georgia for doing the bare minimum by electing the obvious better choice. This election shouldn't have even gone to a runoff.

You should praise Georgia if you're going to give the benefit of the doubt to Texas; Democrats have been able to slowly turn that state bluer and bluer after electing either Republicans or extremely conservative Democrats for ages, with Georgia voting out a Democrat in 2002, Max Cleland, who left limbs on the other side of the world serving in the military, and voted in Saxby Chambliss.

@KeithEdwards

Kari Lake: lost
Lee Zeldin: lost
Leora Levy: lost
Mehmet Oz: lost
Don Bolduc: lost
Tudor Dixon: lost
Adam Laxalt: lost
Kim Crockett: lost
Darren Bailey: lost
Mark Finchem: lost
Blake Masters: lost
Doug Mastriano: lost
Kristina Karamo: lost
Herschel Walker: lost

On Twitter, it perfectly goes from short to long.

• Sicko 1

4 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

@KeithEdwards

Kari Lake: lost
Lee Zeldin: lost
Leora Levy: lost
Mehmet Oz: lost
Don Bolduc: lost
Tudor Dixon: lost
Adam Laxalt: lost
Kim Crockett: lost
Darren Bailey: lost
Mark Finchem: lost
Blake Masters: lost
Doug Mastriano: lost
Kristina Karamo: lost
Herschel Walker: lost

On Twitter, it perfectly goes from short to long.

Trump sure can pick 'em.

1 hour ago, CastletonSnob said:

Warnock beat Walker.

I'm glad Warnock won, but I'm not going to praise Georgia for doing the bare minimum by electing the obvious better choice. This election shouldn't have even gone to a runoff.

Oh boy.

That right there borders on "white privilege" for ignoring the actual voter suppression measures that African-American voters had to overcome to seal this victory for Reverend Ralph. 

So how about being somewhat more nuanced in your condemnation?

• Halal 4

56 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Oh boy.

That right there borders on "white privilege" for ignoring the actual voter suppression measures that African-American voters had to overcome to seal this victory for Reverend Ralph. 

So how about being somewhat more nuanced in your condemnation?

OK, maybe I'm being kind of a hypocrite by criticizing Georgia while defending Texas.

The fact that Biden and the Democrats in the Senate have outpaced Trump on judicial appointments and now have an easier job doing so for the next two years is something that can't be overstated. This is a BFD.

And if we have a surprise death on SCOTUS, we won't see a repeat of 2016.

• True 2

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

The fact that Biden and the Democrats in the Senate have outpaced Trump on judicial appointments and now have an easier job doing so for the next two years is something that can't be overstated. This is a BFD.

And if we have a surprise death on SCOTUS, we won't see a repeat of 2016.

Joe Biden Politics GIF by The Democrats