On average, how long does your gaming sessions usually last

best3444

I originally asks this in the "what are you playing" thread but I might as well create a topic on it.

"I'm very curious in how long your gaming sessions usually last. For me, most games and days, it's 2 hours max then I need to stop. There have been exceptions with games like Elden Ring where I played 5 hours straight. On average, it's 2 hours".

12 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I originally asks this in the "what are you playing" thread but I might as well create a topic on it.

"I'm very curious in how long your gaming sessions usually last. For me, most games and days, it's 2 hours max then I need to stop. There have been exceptions with games like Elden Ring where I played 5 hours straight. On average, it's 2 hours".

Curious why you need to stop after just 2 hours. 

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Curious why you need to stop after just 2 hours. 

I honestly don't know. That's been the sweet spot for me for many years. 2 hours imo feels like a substantial amount of time playing a game. At 2 hours I want to do something else. 

Like I said, I've had many exceptions. I remember playing COD 4 online for 6 hours straight. I remember my brother and I bought FFXI online and played it for 9 hours straight. 😪 

3 hours or so at night, usually while watching tv. During the weekend it varies but up to 8 hours easily. If I’m really into a game I’ll just make a day of it. That’s right now anyway, it varies based on what I’m up to, my game time has gone up in general since my accident. 

It usually depends on how I’m feeling, and what I’m playing. I have DKA, so some days I feel better than others. On the days when I’m feeling a little better I will game for several hours, on the days when I’m not I’ll only game for around an hour or two, or none at all.

I usually game at least a little each day, but once in a while I’ll go a day or two without gaming at all. How much that I game in a day often depends on what I’m playing as well. If I’m playing something that I’m really engrossed into and is hard for me to put down, then I will play it for several hours a few times throughout the day. I usually do this with unscripted open world games as I can just mess around in their big worlds doing what I want when I want without hitting brick walls, or having to do a lot of trial and error to proceed past tough spots like I often have to do in more linear and scripted games. I tend to play directed, linear and scripted games for less hours at a time for that reason.

I’m retired, and gaming is what I do the most with my time. I have a few other hobbies and interests as well of course, but gaming is what I primarily like to do. I’ve been gaming since the 70s starting with Pong, and I don’t plan on stopping until I’m physically unable to anymore which I hope isn’t until I’m dead.

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

It's been stymied the last 3-4 years because of LIFE SHIT but used to be regularly 2-3 hours a day with maybe an all nighter on weekends here and there. Now I'm struggling with games with stories because I game in such short sessions. Lots of time with stuff like Dead Cells, Geometry wars, Bloodstained etc where I don't need to learn complex strategies deep movesets and/or remember long story arches. Sucks because I have a mountain of games with all that stuff and more. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is scaring me and calling me every night when I go to relax. Anyways to answer the question it's usually 30-60 minutes with breaks in been a few times a day! 

7 hours ago, best3444 said:

I’m pretty similar these days. It’s rare for a game to keep me glued to the couch for more than a couple hours at a time. Even if I’m really hooked on a game and I spend “all day” playing it, there are a bunch of significant (hour+) breaks in there. 

• Halal 1

It really depends on what I'm playing. But I guess on average, about two hours. Mainly because I'll take breaks. If I start playing at 4, for example, I'll stop playing around 6 to cook dinner. Then after my wife and I have eaten and watched our tv show, I'll get back on around 8 or 9 and play till I get too sleepy to function, which is usually around 11.

If I have a saturday to kill though and I am playing something i'm either addicted to or trying to grind through, I can go for four or five hours straight if I don't catch myself.

1 hour ago, Brian said:

0-30 mins. I like to spend time outdoors as much as possible during the nice weather months. When the weather changes, I will play a bit longer like an hour. 

It must take months to beat certain games at that rate. If I had a family like you I'd probably be doing the same thing. 

Depends on what I am playing. I can pull off 6+ hour sessions for MP HOI4 so thats usually the max. After that I kinda wanna lay down or do something else. 

I would go as long as needed if my strat to win 5he game involves outlasting the Axis team. (IE they want to stop playing)

With kids in the picture now, my gaming sessions are like my love making sessions. Short, mildly entertaining bursts. Sometimes I finish before I can even get started.

Every so often, though, when the stars align just right, I can go for 10s of minutes.

6 minutes ago, Derek said:

With kids in the picture now, my gaming sessions are like my love making sessions. Short, mildly entertaining bursts. Sometimes I finish before I can even get started.

Every so often, though, when the stars align just right, I can go for 10s of minutes.

to be clear, we are talking 10s of minutes for both sex and video games sometimes right?

2 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Usual schedule:

Weekdays - maybe 30 mins-1hr

Weekends - 4 hours - 8 hours

Current schedule -

Work until death (7days a week, yay!) and post on D1P from work with my "in between putting out fires" minutes....

now do when elden ring came out

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

It must take months to beat certain games at that rate. If I had a family like you I'd probably be doing the same thing. 

I can find time to player more and longer but I really don’t have the desire when the weather is nice. I rather sit on my porch, drink a beer and read a book. In the winter, I tend to play longer and more often.  

Welp, I started gaming at 2:52pm and was having a good time. I got engrossed in one section I was in and lost track of time. Once I completed the section I felt that was enough for the day. Sure enough I check the clock and it's 4:53. So that 2 hour mark is engraved into my head.