Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty | New Team Ninja Game From Producers Fumihiko Yasuda (Nioh) & Masaaki Yamagiwa (Bloodborne) - "DLC 3 | Upheaval in Jingxiang" trailer

Keyser_Soze

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

All I have heard about the PC version is that bad KBM controls.

If that is really the only issue worth mentioning, then lol, use a controller.

If you don't have one then that's fair, but I have yet to meet a PC gamer that doesn't have at least a 360 gamepad.

I'm sure they exist, but I don't know'em.

Trust me, that ain't the only issue!

header.jpg?t=1677836173
STEAMCOMMUNITY.COM

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty - Early Purchase BonusWo Long: Fallen Dynasty Baihu ArmorNote: Added as a Limited Time Bonus if the game is purchased by March 16th, 2023Note: This content may be made available for purchase at a later date.Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Digital Deluxe Edition■Set Includes: ・Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty (full game) ・Digital Art Book ・Digital Mini Soundtrack ・Season Pass (Includes additional DLCs Battle of...

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Can you beat this game without the parry? I beat the demo boss without parrying at all.

There is just something about their games. I didn't like Nioh or Nioh 2 either. But from reviews I've read and watched, the parry is absolutely necessary. I'm sure I'll put more time into it, because it runs really well, but I just don't thing this teams soulslikes are for me. 

Quick update. 30FPS cutscenes are some console peasantry stuff. About to create a character. Lol video games should work when you anxiety is like 80-90%. Atleast in trending down and can control my more self destructive impluses cuz i kno what im look for.

Temp exile continues. Ill get bak to the give away thread when anxiety is back to atleast I don't need 2 anxiety meds a day to not ruin my life futher. 

• Hugs 2

52 minutes ago, stepee said:

30fps cutscenes? I hope they are 720p too!

Papa maybe I'm wrong but I don't think I have 4k as an option in the menu cuz I got black bars on the side of my screen. Game is glorious and I need a soulsborne to not ruin my life. 

Edit: MFW I'd most likely be on the road to reconciliation if Elden Ring launched this year or if the DLC came out in Feb. CoH3 could have done it but a week later my 1st 1v1 was enemy good enough to be annoying me rusty enough to make game ending mistakes but good enough I could beat him to a pulp if I used my full pop cap.

57 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Papa maybe I'm wrong but I don't think I have 4k as an option in the menu cuz I got black bars on the side of my screen. Game is glorious and I need a soulsborne to not ruin my life. 

Edit: MFW I'd most likely be on the road to reconciliation if Elden Ring launched this year or if the DLC came out in Feb. CoH3 could have done it but a week later my 1st 1v1 was enemy good enough to be annoying me rusty enough to make game ending mistakes but good enough I could beat him to a pulp if I used my full pop cap.

What about Asterigos????

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Can you beat this game without the parry? I beat the demo boss without parrying at all.

You can take down bosses a lot quicker if you parry and it seems there are a lot of attacks you can parry, so it's probably in your best interest to do so.

I mean if you can do it without then good on you I suppose. :p

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You can take down bosses a lot quicker if you parry and it seems there are a lot of attacks you can parry, so it's probably in your best interest to do so.

I mean if you can do it without then good on you I suppose. :p

I went back and looked at the video of me beating that demo boss and I think I manage to parry him once but I did most of that fight without parrying at all. The parry window is not as generous as the one in God of War and you can probably make your life easier in this game if you master how to do it, but it's not required like Sekiro where if you don't master parrying, you ain't getting far in that game.

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I went back and looked at the video of me beating that demo boss and I think I manage to parry him once but I did most of that fight without parrying at all. The parry window is not as generous as the one in God of War and you can probably make your life easier in this game if you master how to do it, but it's not required like Sekiro where if you don't master parrying, you ain't getting far in that game.

Did you play the second demo? They made the parry window a lot more generous in the 2nd demo and final release.

Weird to hear the PC complaints. My laptop is good, but not super high end. I've had no stutter, steady 120 fps, smooth gameplay. I'm not a fan of the game, but not because of anything to do with it's performance. I certainly didn't try to play with mouse and KB, I have an xbox controller for my PC, but overall it just runs very well. 

I'm LIKING it so far and there's potential to really like it but this is not the soulslike most Souls players will probably enjoy. Parrying is almost a necessity especially on bosses because it fills there stagger bars then big damage.. You know the drill. Feels like a more polished and better looking Nioh so far but I'm only a couple hrs in. It did NOT have HDR set by default in graphic settings so yeah. 

Despite knowing full well what kind of game it is, I gave it a shot anyway.

That first boss is sooooo cheap. Like, cheap for the sake of being "difficult." His timing varies so much, and I'm not good at these games by any means, but I've been playing games for a long time, and I can tell when I'm getting hit by something I'm out of the reach of. More than a few times I got hit by one of that guy's attacks despite being far enough away.

I got him down to about a quarter health on his second form and he just starts pulling moves out of his ass. You're just dodging or trying to parry the entire time. And if your timing is off... that's it.

I'm not mad at the game, as I knew what I was getting into when I gave it a try. But... This isn't my idea of a fun time. There are so many other things I could be playing.

29 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Despite knowing full well what kind of game it is, I gave it a shot anyway.

That first boss is sooooo cheap. Like, cheap for the sake of being "difficult." His timing varies so much, and I'm not good at these games by any means, but I've been playing games for a long time, and I can tell when I'm getting hit by something I'm out of the reach of. More than a few times I got hit by one of that guy's attacks despite being far enough away.

I got him down to about a quarter health on his second form and he just starts pulling moves out of his ass. You're just dodging or trying to parry the entire time. And if your timing is off... that's it.

I'm not mad at the game, as I knew what I was getting into when I gave it a try. But... This isn't my idea of a fun time. There are so many other things I could be playing.

You're not supposed to beat him on his second form. When your beast meter is full youre supposed to activate that and it ends the fight. It's the meter in the bottom right of the screen. It's Y and B simultaneously on the Xbox and probably triangle and circle on the PS

1 hour ago, eventide11 said:

You're not supposed to beat him on his second form. When your beast meter is full youre supposed to activate that and it ends the fight. It's the meter in the bottom right of the screen. It's Y and B simultaneously on the Xbox and probably triangle and circle on the PS

did the game tell me this? becasue I don't remember even seeing that I had that ability yet (outside of the training tutorial).

31 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

did the game tell me this? becasue I don't remember even seeing that I had that ability yet (outside of the training tutorial).

The only reason I knew it was because my son had already beat him and figured it out lol but I never saw a prompt or anything

24 minutes ago, Biggie said:

@best3444 you asked if I tried the demo. Yes. Couple things I did like were the speed and fluidity of the gameplay. Love how fast you can heal while fighting. The graphics are horrible. Like it felt like I was playing a PS3 game. 

Yea, it's just not for me. I'm sure it's quality for those capable of handling difficult games. But yes, the visuals are horrible but the combat and challenge are where the game shines. 

6 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

It's funny because it's a small prompt in the first boss but the summoning mechanic is not explained until later when you fight the 2nd mini boss (the gorilla thing)

1 hour ago, thedarkstark said:

I finally beat the demo. Very fun will definitely pick it up at some point. 

If you have a PC, you can get PC game pass for a dollar, or on xbox as well. It's free there. 

Edit: I guess that's been mentioned multiple times here. 

17 hours ago, Biggie said:

@best3444 you asked if I tried the demo. Yes. Couple things I did like were the speed and fluidity of the gameplay. Love how fast you can heal while fighting. The graphics are horrible. Like it felt like I was playing a PS3 game. 

Yeah its like an HD remake of a ps3 or ps4 game. I guess it's made on that same platform and not specifically made for the PS5 capabilities. But still, I'm enjoying it 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

The graphics are mid-tier but damn if this gameplay isn't buttery smooth. This reminds me why I loved Nioh. There really is something to be said for great gameplay coding.

It really does have an addicting hook to it. For me, the graphics are definitely a step down from Nioh. But the gameplay is a big leap forward. 

• Hugs 1

11 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Just bought it and downloaded it on Steam. Not sure why anyone would use KB/M controls on a third-person action game, where a controller is clearly superior. I feel bad about skipping Nioh 2 after beating Nioh but this looks very intriguing.

Ehh that's not necessarily true. They're certainly more comfortable for most of us since we're used to playing third-person action games that way, but I'd need to see some pretty compelling evidence to consider controller superior in any tangible way outside of Japanese devs (mostly) just sucking shit at making their KBM controls playable.

The PC has been home to many third-person action games over the years. Hell, Vindictus is a third-person action MMO and it works just fine, same with TERA, Black Desert, etc. Making your controls suck shit because you don't care is not the same as the control method itself being bad.

And this coming from someone who would never play a game like this on KBM. I really hate that devs keep getting a free pass for this bullshit. Just make your controls decent. Don't have the mouse go all crazy fast or slow (and don't have mouse acceleration on by default, it's an option for perverts), allow cursor and keyboard movement/selection in menus, allow players to bind whatever to whatever and you're good. It's really not that hard.

• True 1

Holy shit. I played 20 minutes with the new demo and got my ass handed to me! It's extremely difficult and unforgiving. It does look fun and anybody with skills and like the genre, it's a quality game for sure. I just will never buy it. I'll play the 2 demo levels and call it a day. 

19 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Holy shit. I played 20 minutes with the new demo and got my ass handed to me! It's extremely difficult and unforgiving. It does look fun and anybody with skills and like the genre, it's a quality game for sure. I just will never buy it. I'll play the 2 demo levels and call it a day. 

Its actually pretty easy (compared to similar games) if youre patient because you can hold block while attempting to parry and if you miss the window you will still block all but the big flashing red attacks. Parry window is also pretty huge, way more forgiving than souls games.

It  seems like you can beat it without parrying and simply dodging but dodging drains your stamina so it's definitely not the ideal way to play.

• Thanks 1