Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty | New Team Ninja Game From Producers Fumihiko Yasuda (Nioh) & Masaaki Yamagiwa (Bloodborne) - "DLC 3 | Upheaval in Jingxiang" trailer

Keyser_Soze

42 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Finally beat the first demo boss and it felt so good. Fuck that mother fucker. Went ahead and purchased the full game. Loving the combat and the game is really fun. 

Awesome. I almost beat the boss tonight. Combat is great and fair. How do I summon help? I'm saved right at the boss. 

I didn't pay much attention to this game until I jumped in, and it's messing me up how level based it is. I wanted to go back to this side thing after beating the boss of the area, but nope, onto a new level, and oh by the way your morale is back to 0 so you can't use the magic you just unlocked. :lol:

EDIT: nevermind, I see you can travel back to areas you've already cleared.

EDITX2: well, when you go back to a previous level, it seems like you start back at the beginning of it and have to redo everything. This game is weird. 

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

For real?

Yes totally serious. 

How to start co-op in Wo Long. The two requirements for starting co-op are to beat the first boss, Zhang Liang, and to get at least one item called a Tiger Seal. Beating the first boss is really the main barrier, as you will need to overcome this first difficulty spike solo before being able to rely on friends.

@best3444

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Oh baby, this game has its hooks in me 100%. First couple bosses took a bunch of attempts, but 3 and 4 went down on my first try. I don’t know if they’re actually easier, or if I just more fully understand what’s happening. 

They're easier. Then all of a sudden in the bamboo forest level they decide to bend you over and stick it to you. I've been stuck there all evening.

So I'm having a pretty hard time with the bamboo forest boss. He's got so much shit going on and it's really difficult to see where his attacks actually hit. He'll telegraph his attack, and it always seems to be a fraction of a second after you'd think he'd make contact. Most of the other bosses I've fought so far had pretty obvious dodge windows, but this one is just.... sloppy. It doesn't help the fact that he does a shit ton of damage with one hit. 

I've tried grinding to get up to 20+. I've called in extra reinforcements (spoiler: they're absolutely useless against this boss. Don't waste the seals.) I've upgraded my weapons and armor. I've leveled up a few times (as a result of running around grinding to get to 20). I've equipped a weapon that had the opposite element. The only thing that's left is to get the timing down, but holy shit this one is just spongey. It's bad design. It's erratic and spongey just to be difficult.

This is what I was afraid of when the game released and I read about the difficulty. I'm okay with trying difficult games as long as there's a method to the madness. I suck at Souls games but can appreciate them because of the balance there is.

But this boss is the shining example of what I hate the most about games like this.

/rant

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

So I'm having a pretty hard time with the bamboo forest boss. He's got so much shit going on and it's really difficult to see where his attacks actually hit. He'll telegraph his attack, and it always seems to be a fraction of a second after you'd think he'd make contact. Most of the other bosses I've fought so far had pretty obvious dodge windows, but this one is just.... sloppy. It doesn't help the fact that he does a shit ton of damage with one hit. 

I've tried grinding to get up to 20+. I've called in extra reinforcements (spoiler: they're absolutely useless against this boss. Don't waste the seals.) I've upgraded my weapons and armor. I've leveled up a few times (as a result of running around grinding to get to 20). I've equipped a weapon that had the opposite element. The only thing that's left is to get the timing down, but holy shit this one is just spongey. It's bad design. It's erratic and spongey just to be difficult.

This is what I was afraid of when the game released and I read about the difficulty. I'm okay with trying difficult games as long as there's a method to the madness. I suck at Souls games but can appreciate them because of the balance there is.

But this boss is the shining example of what I hate the most about games like this.

/rant

I watched my son beat this one in 3 tries but I'm sure I'm in for a massive wake up call that I'm old and he's not. The reaction time is probably gonna be where I struggle. And yeah the companions were dying within 10-15 seconds so it's definitely better to save the seals. 

3 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

/rant

This is where I stopped last night, but I only tried him once, so I have zero advice.

2 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

This is where I stopped last night, but I only tried him once, so I have zero advice.

A YouTuber called Tyrannicon makes these fights trivial. Sometimes it takes some trial and error but he comes up with some pretty good advice and sometimes exploits to turn the table

20 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Quick question, I haven't dived into this game yet because I want to beat God of War before starting another big game, but the first boss that is serving as the gatekeeper for a lot of folks, is it the same boss from the first demo awhile back?

General of Man Zhang Liang is his name. Although I prefer to call him my bitch. 

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Quick question, I haven't dived into this game yet because I want to beat God of War before starting another big game, but the first boss that is serving as the gatekeeper for a lot of folks, is it the same boss from the first demo awhile back?

I didn't find him to be a gatekeeper at all, I beat him in about an hour. My problem was with how they don't really teach you very much before you get to him. I think it would be a turn off for new players especially. The trash mobs never felt dangerous, then you fight Biggie's Bitch. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I didn't find him to be a gatekeeper at all, I beat him in about an hour. My problem was with how they don't really teach you very much before you get to him. I think it would be a turn off for new players especially. The trash mobs never felt dangerous, then you fight Biggie's Bitch. 

He's definitely a gatekeeper

wolongzhangliang.jpg
WWW.THEGAMER.COM

Hell of a skill check so early in the game.

I think Wo Long's reddit posted stats that said 60% of players so far couldn't beat him. I disagree that the game doesn't teach you how to beat him though. By the time you got to him in the demo, you knew all of the basic mechanics required to beat him. It took me a few tries to beat him in the demo but once I switched to a stronger weapon ( I used the guan dao in the demo) I took him down kinda easy. Like every other boss in these types of games, once you get his patterns down they become pretty simple. You know when to attack and when to defend... these games require skill, sure but what they REALLY require is patience.

• Halal 1

On 3/10/2023 at 10:38 AM, XxEvil AshxX said:

/rant

The first couple times I faced this dude, our morale was tied at 15, and I thought “ok, this is a fair fight”. FUCK THAT. Grinded for a little bit (it’s pretty fast, maybe 10-15 minutes) to get up to 25, and it was like taking the training weight off my baseball bat. Smacked his ass into the dirt first try after that. Since his hits weren’t as hard, I was able to tank a couple while just wailing on him. It wasn’t elegant, but it worked.

• Halal 1