Breaking: armed man arrested near Kavanaugh's home, claimed he was there to open a SCOTUS vacancy

2022-06-08T144308Z_426020552_RC2PNU9V7MN
WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Suspect’s arrest comes as nation’s high court considers several controversial cases

A man with at least one weapon was arrested near the Maryland home of US Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh and threatened to kill him, according to The Washington Post, citing people familiar with the investigation.

A suspect with “at least one weapon and burglary tools” was detained on a nearby street early on Wednesday in Montgomery County, according to the report, which claims that the man was angry about a forthcoming decision on the 1973 ruling in Roe v Wade and abortion access in the US.

• Like 2

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Breaking: armed man arrested near Kavanaugh's home, claimed he was there to open a SCOTUS vacancy
3 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Republicans and the conservative justices themselves through their power grab making everyone realize how much a justice's death can change the country is pretty fuckin funny. I hope ol' Bart is living in fear. 

I give this guy bonus points if he had an AR-15.

An appointment for life is just that

• True 1
  • Sicko 3

39 minutes ago, Jason said:

Kav should get his own AR-15 and go rambo on the next guy who tries to assassinate him. 

There has to be a rap lyric that goes with this. I am struggling to find one but when I do. I'll post it.

Edit: 

5 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

An appointment for life is just that

Yes but in theory the justices shouldn't be partisan hacks that already decided from the beginning the result they want and their only job is to figue out how to lay out a shitty argument for it. Republicans have weaponized the Supreme Court both through maneuvering and putting on political operatives and religious zealots. 

• True 1

1 hour ago, Air_Delivery said:

Yes but in theory the justices shouldn't be partisan hacks that already decided from the beginning the result they want and their only job is to figue out how to lay out a shitty argument for it. Republicans have weaponized the Supreme Court both through maneuvering and putting on political operatives and regligious zealots. 

You misunderstand me. It is a job you may hold up to the rest of your life. The next logical step is where we’re coming to as a society. 

54 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

You misunderstand me. It is a job you may hold up to the rest of your life. The next logical step is where we’re coming to as a society. 

Yeah and the conservatives on the court are helping accelerate the destruction of democracy with Bush vs Gore, Citizens United and essentially repealing the voting rights act. They helped bring on this instability and this is just them reaping what they have sown. 

• Halal 1