Resident Evil 4 Remake - Information Thread, update: 6.48 million units sold (fastest-selling game in series history)

6 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I don't get it. Looks like the pattern on the barrels?

Yeah.

The piss yellow "break here" indicators could be more subtle like they were in the OG. It looks ugly and sticks out. Never been a fan of the cum/birdshit ledges in games either.

There is also yellow tape on the windows now to let you know you can jump thru the glass.

This game is OOOOOH so very close now. So EXCITED! I haven't watched anything on this, no video previews or anything like that. I/We all know this game inside and out especially any RE fan, I'm gonna just love every second of this newest remake.

12 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

You say subtle, but it was literally like this lol

tumblr_o7x4b7dU7y1u25kiio1_1280.jpg

I have a category in my mind of loving anime or cartoons that don't do that.

I am not worthy to play RE4 with the HD mod at 5120 by 1440p.

God this is a bad idea. Gonna ruin the remake but I'm commited to a Normal and try my hand at a Pro run. For Miyazaki's sack.

17 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Hmmmm, the dead space remaster just went on sale for $55…. To get they now and play RE4 later or to wait for it to drop even more and get RE4 when it comes out?  

I maybe able to make that a Dead Space now tomorrow.

Shyt I should play that and the original after RE4 HD and RE4make.

8 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

I’ve played the original RE4 so many times on at least 4 different platforms I don’t feel the need to replay it again.  One of my all time favorite games.  

Playing the HD project first was dumb. I'm tainting RE4make by making the experience so fresh but eh. Shouldn't have remade it if you can't atleast justify the game's existance.

I was more asking if you wanted the Dead Space remake though. I have EA whatever it's called so I just have to add the game to my library and DL to play so I could past those savings on to you.

Just now, Zaku3 said:

Playing the HD project first was dumb. I'm tainting RE4make by making the experience so fresh but eh. Shouldn't have remade it if you can't atleast justify the game's existance.

I was more asking if you wanted the Dead Space remake though. I have EA whatever it's called so I just have to add the game to my library and DL to play so I could past those savings on to you.

Ah, my bad.

Thats generous of you, but I’m good. It’s not that I can’t afford it, I just can’t justify buying Prime Remastered, Dead Space, and RE4 in like a two week period.  I need to actually beat some more games before I start adding more to the pile.  I think I’m going to try and beat at least Nier Replicant and Stray before I dip into something else.  We’ll see how my willpower lasts.

6 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

Hmmmm, the dead space remaster just went on sale for $55…. To get they now and play RE4 later or to wait for it to drop even more and get RE4 when it comes out?  

I'm planning on getting Dead Space during the Steam sale next week. I'm sure it'll be cheaper.

...unless you're talking about a console version. Can't remember if you're a PC gamer.

7 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

Wait a few more months on Dead Space, worst case into the fall / black Friday timeline, and it'll be 30 bucks or less. 

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm planning on getting Dead Space during the Steam sale next week. I'm sure it'll be cheaper.

...unless you're talking about a console version. Can't remember if you're a PC gamer.

I am, but lately I’ve been getting stuff on my PS5.  My PC is getting older and less stable, plus it also makes me feel like my splurge was justified.  

On 3/11/2023 at 1:58 PM, Xbob42 said:

I always look at the game before I turn any of it off. Gotta see if it looks like shit or not! Well, aside from film grain and camera motion blur. If your game has no reason to add film grain and you add it anyway you're a fucking psychopath.

First thing I do in every game: change resolution, turn on borderless windowed, turn motion blur the fuck off because why is that a thing? Also turn screen shake off if the game has that. Film grain is fine if it fits thematically (left 4 dead first game that comes to mind), but generally I tun it off too.

I've been enjoying fucking around with the updated RE Framework mod. Usually used to fix/enhance ultrawide stuff, take framerate locks off of cutscenes, and adding freecam among various other things, I've been using it to explore! Found Hunnigan's office far below an unloaded Village map. And to take some screenshots I thought turned out alright!

iVQ17tC.jpg

w97oAXU.jpg

8jOCPZE.png

NQELOEO.png

sDa9dqB.png

DbUeSgS.png

Also found a few areas outside of the demo area that are fully modeled with objects (chests, other items, etc) but I won't post those since they seem slightly spoilery, while Hunnigan's office is shown in the demo and is incomplete from many angles, so I think it's pretty much just a cutscene thing we normally wouldn't see too well.

• Halal 1

17 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I've been enjoying fucking around with the updated RE Framework mod. Usually used to fix/enhance ultrawide stuff, take framerate locks off of cutscenes, and adding freecam among various other things, I've been using it to explore! Found Hunnigan's office far below an unloaded Village map. And to take some screenshots I thought turned out alright!

Can you save the guy from getting burned alive with this mod?

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Can you save the guy from getting burned alive with this mod?

Not that I can tell, that part seems like a little sectioned off scripted event, first thing I tried on my second playthrough was to shoot the guy dropping the torch, but he's immune to gunfire (those around him are not) until he puts his hands up in reverence. I'll try some other stuff, maybe a grenade'd do it or something and crash the game!

HA! I was able to force Leon into the areas where previously only the camera went! Which means it'd properly load lighting and stuff! Getting a cool little preview of an extra couple of rooms. Funny thing is, there's a few documents (including something called

Spoiler

"blue requests," which kind of sounds like side quests?)

Anyway, all documents just show up as the document you get at the start about rescuing Ashley, which is funny.

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

I was hoping I could ignore this game for now. I have plenty to play right now, don’t need to buy another version of a game I’ve bought at least three times already, etc. But I’ll be damned if that demo didn’t get me super hyped. 

Would be a damn shame of Chainsaw Leon didn't get the game he got his name from.