On my way to pick up my PS5!!

HardAct

Pretty excited I must say. I got lucky it seems when I stumbled upon that Best Buy ad, and having just shy of $300 in Reward Zone Certificates was the icing on the cake. Just around $215 +or- out the door. Not even sure what if any game to get first. I'm not going to pay 60 bucks for any PS5 games this year is my promise to myself. I have Final Fantasy 7 remake on PS4 Pro and I'm pretty sure It gets a free upgrade to PS5? I might just pay for the Ghosts of Tsushima upgrade as I never finished it. Going to grab black plates though!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HardAct said:

Pretty excited I must say. I got lucky it seems when I stumbled upon that Best Buy ad, and having just shy of $300 in Reward Zone Certificates was the icing on the cake. Just around $215 +or- out the door. Not even sure what if any game to get first. I'm not going to pay 60 bucks for any PS5 games this year is my promise to myself. I have Final Fantasy 7 remake on PS4 Pro and I'm pretty sure It gets a free upgrade to PS5? I might just pay for the Ghosts of Tsushima upgrade as I never finished it. Going to grab black plates though!

Don't worry, you won't pay $60 for any PS5 games, guaranteed! 

:troll:

Also, congrats!

• True 1

It's the PS+ version of FF7: Remake and I only played 45 minutes of it. Hope there's an upgrade if not I'll think about what to do from here. I have it at home now, geeezee the stares you get standing at the checkout with a ps5 lol. There not in stock the clerk had to answer at least 3 times, and I had to answer that I got it online. Sucks, wish all that wanted one could get one. I really need to slow my buying because I have so many games now unplayed that I payed good money for, not counting cheap steam summer/winter sale titles either. Full priced then neglected it's a problem. I really started to notice how bad I was when Halo Infinite came out. I COULD NOT WAIT to play that game. It was free {well GP:Ultimate sub} I downloaded it in the early morning hours and played it for 30 minutes and stopped! WTF? It's not like before the fire where I was collecting many games in there cases. I went from that to collecting digital copies...lol it's unhealthy. I think it somehow makes me fell batter after losing so much of my hobby in THAT DAMNED FIRE! I know I'm doing the "Small Novel" again but I'm trying to get back into playing the games I do have and enjoying them then moving on, anyone else suffer from this illness?  

I've seen Dying Light 2 on sale already but that's not exclusive.

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Don't worry, you won't pay $60 for any PS5 games, guaranteed! 

:troll:

Also, congrats!

Yea I know, it's laughable trust me but I need to try! All this and I have that Steam Deck 512gig Pre-Order $649.99 looming too! At least with that I can play the games I have already, that's how I justify it anyway.

Let's see how long before I cave and buy a PS5 game at retail @59.99/69.99 any guesses...lol 

3 minutes ago, HardAct said:

Yea I know, it's laughable trust me but I need to try! All this and I have that Steam Deck 512gig Pre-Order $649.99 looming too! At least with that I can play the games I have already, that's how I justify it anyway.

Let's see how long before I cave and buy a PS5 retail @59.99/69.99 any guesses...lol 

eBay is pretty good for finding new games cheaper. I got a sealed copy of Ratchet & Clank for PS5 for $38.

My List so far that hangs right next to my controller rack in the game room for the PS5

1.Demon Soul {a must own, loved the first on PS3}

2.Ratchet & Clank: ARA

3.FF7: Remake upgrade {FREE?}

4.Reternal

5.Gran Turismo 7

6.Deathloop

7.Resident Evil 2 & 7 upgrades {FREE?}

8.Ghosts of Tsushima Upgrade $19.99-29.99? {I was 1/2 way through this title and really enjoying it when I just stopped, stupid.}

9.Spidreman: MM {haven't played either of the them}

I WILL NOT!! PAY more than $30 for any of these that should be easy enough . . 

Oh and I need Black plates and a second controller, but finding out my 1TB 970evo M.2 SSD is not supported hurt. I'll be waiting for these 4th gen SSD to drop to about 200 for a 2Tb, that could be awhile!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dre801 said:

Congrats.  Managed to finally snag a Series X days ago.  My quest for a PS5 continues.

The Series X was in stock at Best Buy today, not sure how many but I'm friends with one of the Home Theater sales people and they gave me the heads up, I already had one though. Seems there becoming more accessible at least.

31 minutes ago, HardAct said:

Thanks man, appreciated! Really surprised at how BIG the damned box was standing at the checkout! It's the Disc version and way heavier than expected too. Crazy.

That's what @Biggie got at his local target. He never commented on the size and weight of it I don't think.

On 4/6/2022 at 4:50 PM, nublood said:

Congrats! Demon Souls and Ratchet and Clank are pretty much imperative. 

Pretty much the 2 games I most want for my newest toy!! I'm hearing R&C is pretty short though right? I'm trying to limit my spending on games so much so that I haven't even removed the console from the box yet. First time in history II bought a console and was not up ALL NIGHT playing around. I did though take the controller out, charged it and am trying it out on PC. Borderlands 3 which I got on Steam for $11 bucks the other day! The controller is very smooth and has a bit of heft now that I like. I still preferer the Xbox's controller especially for FPS but I really like the new look and feel of the Duel Sense. The subtle lighting is pretty cool, over all an improvement and fits now in my hands {BIGGER:D} better. Borderlands isn't pushing the features the DS controller has but it's a start . . .

On 4/6/2022 at 3:25 PM, HardAct said:

Congrats!

4 hours ago, HardAct said:

Pretty much the 2 games I most want for my newest toy!! I'm hearing R&C is pretty short though right? I'm trying to limit my spending on games so much so that I haven't even removed the console from the box yet. First time in history II bought a console and was not up ALL NIGHT playing around. I did though take the controller out, charged it and am trying it out on PC. Borderlands 3 which I got on Steam for $11 bucks the other day! The controller is very smooth and has a bit of heft now that I like. I still preferer the Xbox's controller especially for FPS but I really like the new look and feel of the Duel Sense. The subtle lighting is pretty cool, over all an improvement and fits now in my hands {BIGGER:D} better. Borderlands isn't pushing the features the DS controller has but it's a start . . .

Yeah! Don't get me wrong, Ratchet and Clank is a great game that is a blast to play, but the problem is that I got maybe 5 hours of gameplay out of it. I would 100% buy it, but not before you find a good sale on it. 

I find it really hard to justify it being a full 60$ game. Wonderful characters and gameplay though. The new characters are absolutely incredible.

On 4/6/2022 at 5:33 PM, HardAct said:

My List so far that hangs right next to my controller rack in the game room for the PS5

1.Demon Soul {a must own, loved the first on PS3}

2.Ratchet & Clank: ARA

3.FF7: Remake upgrade {FREE?}

4.Reternal

5.Gran Turismo 7

6.Deathloop

7.Resident Evil 2 & 7 upgrades {FREE?}

8.Ghosts of Tsushima Upgrade $19.99-29.99? {I was 1/2 way through this title and really enjoying it when I just stopped, stupid.}

9.Spidreman: MM {haven't played either of the them}

I WILL NOT!! PAY more than $30 for any of these that should be easy enough . . 

Oh and I need Black plates and a second controller, but finding out my 1TB 970evo M.2 SSD is not supported hurt. I'll be waiting for these 4th gen SSD to drop to about 200 for a 2Tb, that could be awhile!

Great start right there, yo. The upgrades will be free for RE, GoT will upgrade, and the rest I'm sure you'll find good prices on either now or later.

On 4/6/2022 at 6:11 PM, Biggie said:

At first it seemed so huge but after months it seems just normal now to me. 

Same. I've no doubt that if there's a slim version, I'll be like, "Wow, much smaller holy shit!" But I'm acclimated its size pretty easily.

On 4/6/2022 at 4:23 PM, Zaku3 said:

Nice.

I am kinda tempted by the PS5 for bloodborne and Demon souls but not sure if I want to bite just yet. If i get one it be via gift cards from work.

Bloodborne has zero upgrades over the PS4 version. No framerate or graphical upgrades or features whatsoever, just in case you already played it on ps4 and were hoping for more.

On 4/6/2022 at 10:41 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

Get some Darkplates, remove the fins and give the middle finger to Sony

opengraph.jpg
DBRAND.COM

We don't know what you were looking for, but you found it. dbrand's Darkplates 2.0 skin is available for a limited time only. Don't miss your shot. Click the link.

their website is hilarious lmao 

honestly makes me want one a little more...

2 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

5 hours for Ratchet and Clank? It’s not a long game but it should be at least 10 hours unless you’re just blowing through the game as fast as possible.

But anyways, Returnal is my pick for best PS5 experience.

Congrats on snagging a PS5!

its DEF longer than 5 hours lmao. Its like 10+. I dont think you can even speed run it in 5. 

R&C is a guilty pleasure of mine and being such a showcase game as in Graphics I need this game on my LGC1 83" to hopefully show my wife the difference in consoles PS4 vs. PS5....lol She just rolls her eyes when I say look at how fantastic this looks. I've been on her good side ever since I bought her the Galaxy Tab S7 plus 256 gig 10.5" Tablet! She was playing all her games on her Note 8 phone, she is over the moon in love with it. That small gesture cleared the way for my Tech endeavors for some time...lol Most intense game she plays is Farmville and Candy Crush like games. I did get her to play Animal Crossing on the Switch for about 3 months then it was back to matching three's. I have tried for 25 years to make a gamer out of her at some point I should see the writing on the wall .  . . 

25 minutes ago, johnny said:

its DEF longer than 5 hours lmao. Its like 10+. I dont think you can even speed run it in 5. 

I'm a much more casual player and never rush through any game ever. In games like R&C when they say in reviews 10 hours, it's most always double that for me. I like to search everywhere and kill everything, I could care less how fast a game can be beat. Even games like Little Nightmares 1 & 2 take me much longer to play through than most "NORMAL" gamers.

4 minutes ago, HardAct said:

I'm a much more casual player and never rush through any game ever. In games like R&C when they say in reviews 10 hours, it's most always double that for me. I like to search everywhere and kill everything, I could care less how fast a game can be beat. Even games like Little Nightmares 1 & 2 take me much longer to play through than most "NORMAL" gamers.

I got the platinum for ratchet and clank. It was fun to me to do everything!

9 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Are you one of the people who are mad you have to actually play the game to earn credits for the best cars? 

I kind a didn't like that your given some of the best cars in the entire Forza Horizon 5 game right at the start. I prefer to earn them, upgrade get better and better cars as I go. Only grip I have on FH5. Gran Turismo 7 sounds great to me. The online all the time thing is pretty standard these days, Yea the game is down if I lose connection for 30 hours like mentioned above, but if that happens I have bigger problems than not being able to play a game....lol If I lose connection for even a few seconds this whole house freaks out so that's not going to be an issue I assure you!

Assassins Creed: Valhalla PS5 standard edition is 19.99 on Amazon Physical Copy. I never played it, though I have never really gotten into any Assassins Creed game. Iii see Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate PS4 gets a free upgrade to PS5 version! So I have Astro's Playroom, Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate, and Final Fantasy 7 without spending a dime. I guess it's time to unbox this thing...lol

Question: External storage drives on PS5. If I understand this right, my PS4 games can be downloaded to an external ssd and be played right? Any "PS5 game or Upgrade" though must be installed on the one of the internal M.2's? 1 internal being a future upgrade obviously? Any recommended External fast SSD drives? My inability to even for a moment being satisfied with a new expensive toy {PS5} Glaringly shows when I'm looking for advise on External SSD drives from you guys all the while Surfing the Web for deals on an Internal M.2 1 or 2TB M.2 SSD drive all before I have even taken the damned PS5 console out of the damned box. Let alone turned the damned thing on or installed a F$CK&^G GAME! Ludicrous behavior and I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT!  

OH hey: Anyone recommend a Micro SD card for the Steam Deck.....lol :D