Canadian Insurrection | UPDATE - Oversight commission rules invocation of Emergency Act by Trudeau was warranted

9 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Their objective is to clear the protest, not arrest people.  Which is generally consistent with every protest in Canada.

How many of the people doing real violence at the G20 protests were prosecuted?

To clarify, I actually think this is the right move! I'm only pointing out that the hyperbolic claims of tyranny by these people are ridiculous considering how light of a touch the police are using.

Fuck that is scary and I blame Trump for lighting most of that fire. As soon as someone says something that these “people” don’t agree? They just turn into angry snowflakes and thankfully the police are finally shovelling them off the roads. Hopefully B.C. doesn’t become our new Ottawa

5 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

I wonder if Lopez will write an article now about how these protests were actually incredibly damaging to society and that the answer is more police? Because iirc that’s basically what he said about the June 2020 BLM protests in DC lmao

Nah he’s busy creating straw men about complete drug legalization

4 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I knew you were TRYING to tell a joke.  Do you tell Montreal Canadiens jokes about the Toronto Maple Leafs too?

My joke wasn't in reference to the Toronto police. My joke was in reference to cops, any cops, using horses at all. 

Again, 

The joke. 

Your head. 

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Hmmmmm...

image.jpg
TORONTO.CTVNEWS.CA

As police worked to arrest organizers of the convoy blockading Ottawa in downtown streets, a different kind of enforcement was playing out in court, where a group of citizens secured an order...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Hmmmmm...

image.jpg
TORONTO.CTVNEWS.CA

As police worked to arrest organizers of the convoy blockading Ottawa in downtown streets, a different kind of enforcement was playing out in court, where a group of citizens secured an order...

So far at least one exchange (or whatever you call it) has refused, writing a dramatic letter to the Canadian government about freedom and whatnot. There's really nothing the government can do to freeze crypto assets (or seize them) due to the way the technology is run...so I assume this will basically be the first in a line of knocks that leads to greater regulation within the country.

16 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Nah he’s busy creating straw men about complete drug legalization

I like that now that he’s at NYT he has to no longer sport the hobo look he loved so much.