Canadian Insurrection | UPDATE - Oversight commission rules invocation of Emergency Act by Trudeau was warranted

13 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Right-wing rag Ottawa Sun reports that hate speech was graffitied onto a church that was holding a service for the protestors. This is the "hate speech":

I wonder why they called it that?  It's almost like they were quoting the police in their story about the police investigation.

14 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

That makes it even funnier that the police think calling a fascist a fascist is a hate crime.

I'm old enough to remember when people thought spray painting things on churches/mosques/temples that accuses them of being evil was a bad thing.

50 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I'm old enough to remember when people thought spray painting things on churches/mosques/temples that accuses them of being evil was a bad thing.

There's a difference between spray painting on a church and targeting the church/beliefs, and spray painting on a church which is openly hosting people who advocate for the anti-democratic removal of the government. The message is for the the people going there and that the church is hosting them, not the church/belief.

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...

Convoy is rolling back into Ottawa this weekend for Canada Day. This time their stated aim is to remove Trudeau from power, as they say he stole the 2021 election. Also, one of the organizers was arrested today in Alberta, likely because she violated her bail conditions re: insurrection and all that.

• CitizenVectron changed the title to Canadian Insurrection II | UPDATE - New convoy planned for July 1 to remove Trudeau
  • CitizenVectron changed the title to Canadian Insurrection | UPDATE - FreeDumb Convoy II Arriving July 1 to Remove Trudeau
1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

The possible next Prime Minister of Canada, Conservative Pierre Poilievre, is currently visiting the convoy camp...the convoy that has publicly stated their goal is to illegally remove the Prime Minister.

Poilievre has first amendment rights bro :|

Shortly after walking and talking with Pierre Poilievre, James Topp and his group made their way to the War Memorial where they promptly got into a brawl with police. Three people were arrested and one police officer was wounded.

All these fuckers should be in jail for the weekend.

• Guillotine 1
  • True 1

My friend is heading Ottawa way today or tomorrow with his girlfriend to see her family. I told him to let me know how the traffic is and if he runs into any of these asshats on his journey. Hopefully he takes pics and I really hope these fuckers get what ever punishment comes their way. It is pretty much a weaker attempt of an insurrection with them wanting to oust JT, and he’s not even in the fucking country. No offence to my American friends, but I hate seeing us/people slowly sliding into American like political discord. Sure we’ve had it before, but they use to go quiet shortly afterwards. With the internet around, it just reminds me of a determined camper who is constantly blowing on the embers of a campfire, and just waiting for flames too erupt. 

1 hour ago, chakoo said:

:dumpster_fire:

Yeah he's a piece of shit. He was my premier for a decade and was the "moderate" face that allowed the conservative party (Saskatchewan Party) to reclaim power. The last time they held power was under the conservative brand in the 80s, after which a bunch of cabinet members went to prison for illegal stuff. Now they've been back in power for like 14 years and have run the province into the ground though decreased funding per capita for education, health, etc. Making things more privatized, etc. They wasted away our boom years through cutting taxes, etc, and we have nothing to show for it. In Saskatchewan corporations can also make unlimited political donations, so the Sask Party is bought and paid for by oil companies in Alberta (out of province donations also allowed). It makes it impossible for the NDP (only viable opposition) to compete on even footing. Honestly, I expect the Sask Party will stay in power for 10+ more years, easily. Saskatchewan educates its youth and then they move away to other parts of Canada (consistent trend since 1930s), leaving the province as a conservative stronghold. 

• 7 months later...

UPDATE: Commission to investigate invocation of Emergencies Act (part of the automatic oversight of invoking it) determines that the use of emergency powers was warranted in removing convoy from Ottawa and border sites.

the-fall-of-wellington.JPG
WWW.CBC.CA

Commissioner Paul Rouleau says the federal government met the "very high" threshold needed to invoke the Emergencies Act last winter, citing "a failure in policing and federalism."

No surprise, there. Also lays a huge amount of blame on the police agencies involved, as well as the government of Ontario (Doug Ford) for letting the situation spiral out of control until the federal government had to step in.

• Shocked 1

• CitizenVectron changed the title to Canadian Insurrection | UPDATE - Oversight commission rules invocation of Emergency Act by Trudeau was warranted
1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

UPDATE: Commission to investigate invocation of Emergencies Act (part of the automatic oversight of invoking it) determines that the use of emergency powers was warranted in removing convoy from Ottawa and border sites.

WWW.CBC.CA

Commissioner Paul Rouleau says the federal government met the "very high" threshold needed to invoke the Emergencies Act last winter, citing "a failure in policing and federalism."

No surprise, there. Also lays a huge amount of blame on the police agencies involved, as well as the government of Ontario (Doug Ford) for letting the situation spiral out of control until the federal government had to step in.

One of the MAGA dudes I know sent our group chat an article complaining that freedom is now considered a right wing word to the left. Should have responded that freedom isn't 200+ flavors of ice cream at the supermarket.

13 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

One of the MAGA dudes I know sent our group chat an article complaining that freedom is now considered a right wing word to the left. Should have responded that freedom isn't 200+ flavors of ice cream at the supermarket.

Honestly, at this point if I even see anyone flying a Canadian flag, I assume they are a convoyist. Very sad.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Honestly, at this point if I even see anyone flying a Canadian flag, I assume they are a convoyist. Very sad.

Canadian flag on their truck or car is a red flag for me. Brings up memories of the 9/11 / terrorist bullshit the right pulled in the US.

-edit-

To clarify on the US bit, I'm talking about hyper nationalism and if you're not giving it 1000% you're un-american and a terrorist sympathizer.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

WWW.CBC.CA

AS in shambles right now

34 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I eagerly await what every bonkers thing Canadian conservatives come up with for their mouth breathers to chant incessantly and put on flags they fly from their trucks and build memorials too.

The big thing right now is that some city planners were promoting the idea of "15 minute cities," which just means that good planning makes it so that you can walk anywhere in 15 min to get what you need (job, food, etc). But Canadian conservatives are saying this is a global plot meant to enslave people by taking away their freedom to travel and to eventually ban private cars. It's wild stuff.

28 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

The big thing right now is that some city planners were promoting the idea of "15 minute cities," which just means that good planning makes it so that you can walk anywhere in 15 min to get what you need (job, food, etc). But Canadian conservatives are saying this is a global plot meant to enslave people by taking away their freedom to travel and to eventually ban private cars. It's wild stuff.

I’ve seen that stuff on my TikTok feed. It’s wild!