Canadian Insurrection | UPDATE - Oversight commission rules invocation of Emergency Act by Trudeau was warranted

11 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Elected MPP in Ontario (former conservative, now independent) calling for people to flood police emergency phone lines and disrupt emergency services to protest in the name of "freedom."

Abhorrent behavior showing a complete lack of understanding of consequences and morality. 

• True 1

• CitizenVectron changed the title to Canadian Anti-Vax Insurrection | UPDATE - Ottawa cleared

No doink:

Unfortunately, there is so much misinformation out there that many regular people are getting mixed up in it. In our weekly call with my in-laws this past weekend, my FIL said "Trudeau should be hung [sic]!" I had to ask why, and he said because Canada's is a disgrace on the world stage, he took away our freedom, and called regular people criminals. So we broke those things down one by one, and I was able to show how he was misinformed (and he accepted that maybe he jumped to conclusions with bad information). But I know that by next week he'll be riled up again because his news consists of:

• 30 minutes of nightly cable news and 30 minutes of local news (on a more conservative station)
  • Whatever pops up on his iPhone push notifications as "breaking news" (from whatever random news source is targeted at him)
  • Conversations with his brother

I don't know how we can stop this slide of misinformation, or if it's even possible.

19 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

No doink:

Unfortunately, there is so much misinformation out there that many regular people are getting mixed up in it. In our weekly call with my in-laws this past weekend, my FIL said "Trudeau should be hung [sic]!" I had to ask why, and he said because Canada's is a disgrace on the world stage, he took away our freedom, and called regular people criminals. So we broke those things down one by one, and I was able to show how he was misinformed (and he accepted that maybe he jumped to conclusions with bad information). But I know that by next week he'll be riled up again because his news consists of:

• 30 minutes of nightly cable news and 30 minutes of local news (on a more conservative station)
  • Whatever pops up on his iPhone push notifications as "breaking news" (from whatever random news source is targeted at him)
  • Conversations with his brother

I don't know how we can stop this slide of misinformation, or if it's even possible.

A lot of people, not just boomers, confuse push notifications with something vetted and official. 

• True 1

Sorry Canadians, time to lock this thread and go back to your official thread. You had a real chance at something incredible and you ended this stuff in the most polite Canadian way possible. 

2 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Polite by American standards. 

no police beatings, no tear gas, nobody held the ground by a riot shield. I bet they even asked nicely and used “please”. 

Well yeah to YOU guys I guess that was polite. To many others up here that are with the convoy, see it otherwise. Oh I guess this is worth posting