Canadian Insurrection | UPDATE - Oversight commission rules invocation of Emergency Act by Trudeau was warranted

That’s how one of my former co-workers talked (mention him several times past couple years) It’s deep state shit like this he would talk to anyone and everyone about, and it’s so fucking annoying. It was mainly about world leaders, big pharma, and world banks trying the quash everyone’s freedom. I love being 5 minutes from work, not 30-60mins away and constantly getting stuck in gridlock traffic. Who the fuck really wants that after a “9-5” day. 

Doug Ford did dick all when this happened, and was caught snowmobiling at his cottage instead of dealing with this shit while it was happening. It felt like these provincial PC leaders just wanted an easy way to fuck with Trudeau. (without getting red on their hands) I’m all for change in leadership, but the PC party is far and away from ever getting my vote. 

paul-rouleau-justin-trudeau-emergencies-
NATIONALPOST.COM

Justice Rouleau delivered the Public Order Emergency Commission's verdict. Read the full report and his statement on the verdict

On the origin of the Freedom convoy:

I conclude that it was not an organization with clear leadership, rather, it was a movement comprised of people who shared certain social, economic and political grievances, but also had countless individual views.

On their demonstration:

The majority of those who participated in the protests were animated by a genuine desire to engage in peaceful demonstrations so that their voices would be heard by leaders in government.

They wished to exercise their fundamental right to express their political views. They had a right to do so.

However, like any large group, there were a diversity of views and intentions amongst the participants in the Freedom Convoy.

Amongst the many who intended to protest peacefully were others who had more sinister goals, or who were willing to engage in dangerous conduct to achieve their desired ends.

For reasons that I discuss in my report, what began as a massive protest evolved into something entirely unprecedented: an occupation of the core of the nation’s capital.

The events of January and February 2022 were not limited to Ottawa.

As I describe in my report, protests were occurring across the country in places such as Coutts, Alberta; Emerson, Manitoba; and Windsor, Ontario.

These protests were also diverse. They ranged from peaceful marches to blockades of critical infrastructure.

On the decision [emphasis mine]:

After careful reflection, I have concluded that the very high threshold required for the invocation of the Act was met.

In particular, for reasons that I discuss in detail in the report, I have concluded that, when the decision was made to invoke the Act on February 14, 2022, Cabinet had reasonable grounds to believe that there existed a national emergency arising from threats to the security of Canada that necessitated the taking of special temporary measures.

I do not come to this conclusion easily, as I do not consider the factual basis for it to be overwhelming. Reasonable and informed people could reach a different conclusion than the one I have arrived at.

I also reach this conclusion reluctantly.

On the situation:

The fact that circumstances evolved to the point where Cabinet reasonably considered it necessary to invoke the Act is regrettable because, in my view, the situation that led to its use could likely have been avoided.

Had police forces and governments better anticipated and prepared for the extent of political and social discontent exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic, particularly in the environment of misinformation and disinformation so prevalent today, and had they collaborated more effectively, there could have been a different response to this unprecedented situation.

It is likely that such preparation could have avoided the necessity of invoking the Emergencies Act.

On the powers used:

While I have ultimately concluded that the federal government was justified in invoking the Act, I reach a more qualified conclusion with respect to the measures that the government adopted.

I determined that the measures taken by the federal government were, for the most part, appropriate and effective, and contributed to bringing a return to order without loss of life or serious injury to people or property.

I also found, however, that in a number of respects, these measures were deficient. These included important aspects of the Emergency Economic Measures Order such as the absence of any discretion related to freezing assets, and the failure to provide a clear way for individuals to have their assets unfrozen when they were no longer engaged in illegal conduct.

I also discuss aspects of the Emergency Measures Regulations that caused me concern, including the vagueness of its provisions related to securing of places, and its potential impact on freedom of the press.

TLDR:  So Rouleau, the person handpicked by the government finally found that the government's decision was reasonable (but agreed it could be interpreted as unreasonable as well).  In addition to this, he suggested the situation could easily have been avoided, if not for government incompetence.  And that the decision to freeze people's bank accounts -- the act that most people had issue with -- was "deficient".  

16 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

If the local poiice werent sympathetic and didn't chose to do jack shit,Trudeau wouldn't have had to do anything. 

The local police weren’t sympathetic. They were in competent. The Ottawa city council is one of the most left wing in the country, and they hand picked a “progressive” police chief. Who turned out to be incompetent. 

40 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The local police weren’t sympathetic. They were in competent. The Ottawa city council is one of the most left wing in the country, and they hand picked a “progressive” police chief. Who turned out to be incompetent. 

The Police Chief's views are always representitive of career officers. My mistake.

20220217005em_90620064-w.jpg
OTTAWACITIZEN.COM

Ottawa’s interim police chief, Steve Bell, said Monday the service was investigating the possibility that local officers may have supported and helped the…

11 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

Allowing a bunch of insurrectionist chuds taking over Ottawa: Acceptable

Trudeau cleaning up the mess in a couple days: :cry:

Clearly the solution was to allow the chuds to come and go and be supported by police so they could stay there indefinately. 

They didn't need to freeze the bank accounts of people all across the country to do it.  That's the point.

They didn't need the emergency act to clear up the demonstration, and the evidence showed that the police told the government that it wasn't required to initiate the operation that cleared the downtown core.

While driving the other day I saw someone else driving their truck with a big flag flying from it, made to look like the Canadian flag, but with "Trudeau" written on it, and the maple leaf made to instead look like a hand giving the finger. Way to deface our flag you so called "patriot", you fucking imbecile. 

• Like 1