Microsoft/Activision Blizzard Acquisition - Information Thread, update: The Deal Has Closed

Bacon

1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:

2 hours ago, CastletonSnob said:

What if Microsoft bought Epic Games? Then Minecraft and Fortnite, the two most popular games of this generation, would be under the Microsoft umbrella.

1. I don’t play those shit games. 
2. I could always just buy an Xbox. 

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, CastletonSnob said:

What if Microsoft bought Epic Games? Then Minecraft and Fortnite, the two most popular games of this generation, would be under the Microsoft umbrella.

I think that Epic's efforts to create their own game store would make that a much more difficult acquisition target for Microsoft, from a regulatory point of view.

7 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Imagine Microsoft buying EA next.

EA and Take-Two  are both worth too much for an outright acquisition. EA is valued at like $35 billion, I think Take-Two is valued at around $20 billion.

I could realistically see them potentially trying to buy Square Enix in the future, though. Or Ubisoft.

Bandai Namco is relieved they aren't even part of the discussion here. I imagine the baggage of being toy manufacturer along with an animation studio makes them a weird target. Nintendo would likely be the only one that could make use of them, but they're probably happy to stick with the whole 2% they already own.

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Stickey said:

Apple, Facebook, disney

Facebook, sure. Disney...I mean it wasn't that long ago they dumped all their internal studios. I can't possibly imagine Apple being interested. That just remind me that had Apple bought them Tim Cook would then have a employee under him whose total compensation is three times higher than his own.

6 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Facebook, sure. Disney...I mean it wasn't that long ago they dumped all their internal studios. I can't possibly imagine Apple being interested. That just remind me that had Apple bought them Tim Cook would then have a employee under him whose total compensation is three times higher than his own.

Maybe Amazon and Google. Spoke to five other companies can be a simple “hey you want to buy us? Nope” type conversation. 

• True 1

On 2/2/2022 at 2:05 AM, Fizzzzle said:

EA and Take-Two  are both worth too much for an outright acquisition. EA is valued at like $35 billion, I think Take-Two is valued at around $20 billion.

I could realistically see them potentially trying to buy Square Enix in the future, though. Or Ubisoft.

They just spent 68b$ on Activision, and you think they can't afford 20 to 35b$ for EA or TT? MS can absorb whatever they want, outside the largest of tech companies.

SE has a far better chance of going to Sony, imo, but I honestly don't believe they are inclined to sell. 

Dude's gonna make his money regardless. That's what CEO's do. They rig their shit so that no matter what, they get their payday, even if the company crashes and burns underneath them. Stressing over a rich dude being richer is pointless.

Just pay him and get him the fuck out of there so that everyone can move on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wall Street Is Betting That Microsoft-Activision Deal Will Fail (Bloomberg)

Even if Activision Blizzard Inc. shareholders approve a $69 billion sale to Microsoft Corp on Thursday, Wall Street is betting that Biden antitrust enforcers could unravel one of the largest mergers in U.S. history.

Shares of the gaming juggernaut are trading 25% below Microsoft’s $95 offer, indicating investors see risk the buyout won’t close as planned. This risk premium is more than double that of Twitter Inc. following Elon Musk’s offer, and higher than most of the announced -- but still pending -- deals tracked by Bloomberg. 

• Like 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Microsoft/Activision Blizzard Buyout - Information Thread, update: Wall Street appears to be betting that the deal will "fail"
2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

I like how they say "even if" shareholders vote to approve...when all indications are that they will approve.

98% approval from the shareholders:

WWW.BUSINESSWIRE.COM

Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI) announced that its stockholders approved Microsoft Corporation’s (Nasdaq: MSFT) proposal to acquire Activisio

• Like 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Microsoft/Activision Blizzard Acquisition - Information Thread, update: 98% of AB shareholders vote to approve acquisition
  • 1 month later...