Final Fantasy VII Remake: Intergrade announced for PC (EGS) on December 16

Commissar SFLUFAN

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Final Fantasy VII Remake: Intergrade announced for PC (EGS) on December 16
3 hours ago, jaethos said:

If they really try to charge $70 for this on PC I will be waiting even longer for a sale.

They probably will, like they did with Forspoken. @Firewithin called it, look at all the bitching on the boards on the store page.

Only difference is you can't bitch on Epic because they have no reviews or boards! :dancing:

(Also wait a year for it to come to steam and the games are usually discounted already)

18 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Is this remake still missing content? 

Original game was about 40-50 hours to complete, FF7 Remake + Intermission DLC is 40-45 hours to complete. If you’re waiting for it to be the entire story you’re going to be waiting probably 10 years. This is only the Midgar portion from the original game, but it’s significantly longer than that portion of the PS1 game and certainly a “full game”.

35 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Is this remake still missing content? 

It's FFVII until you leave Midgar. Basically if you you're into RPGs but never leave the first town.

That being said "Remake" is almost a literal title without saying anything there's a possibility that things go quite differently (and have in this game) than the original.

49 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Personally I enjoyed remake quite a bit and I can assure those concerned that it feels like a whole game when you play through, but that price is really arrogant a year on.  

Especially with the kickback they're apparently getting from Sony to keep it off Xbox. How much moneyhatting do you need for a game that's already done?

Square’s going to shop this around every platform they can gradually, charging as much as they can out of the gate.

It’ll probably work too.

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Should def be $40 or less at this point, $50 absolute max, IMO

That’s what the PS5 version with DLC costs right now on Amazon. $45

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Especially with the kickback they're apparently getting from Sony to keep it off Xbox. How much moneyhatting do you need for a game that's already done?

Apparently they need to subsidies in perpetuity! To add to this, its likely that future installments in this Remake will be on Unreal Engine 5, so production costs should go down if the graphical fidelity and art style stay more or less the same. Obviously we are not privy to their financials but something is off here. 

31 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

To add to this, its likely that future installments in this Remake will be on Unreal Engine 5, so production costs should go down if the graphical fidelity and art style stay more or less the same.

They have to pay 5% royalty fee so they're going to have to keep cutting deals to make up for it.

• Haha 1

On 12/11/2021 at 8:50 AM, Mr.Vic20 said:

Apparently they need to subsidies in perpetuity! To add to this, its likely that future installments in this Remake will be on Unreal Engine 5, so production costs should go down if the graphical fidelity and art style stay more or less the same. Obviously we are not privy to their financials but something is off here. 

Subsidize is right. They're milking FFVII Remake to make up for the bath they took on Avengers.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Seems like a pretty bare bones port. Can't even turn off v-sync or motion blur. Wait for Steam version where they put that option in

Screenshot-1318-760x380.png
ARSTECHNICA.COM

Square Enix backtracks on recent record of enabling its PC games' customizations.

No, wait for a fan mod to put it in, that's how Final Fantasy PC ports work.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Had this in the fucking cart with my epic sale games but had to take a shit and didn’t hit the final check out yet. Then I read this on resetera while shitting and also Alex posted “This is literally the worst AAA release I have seen on PC in a good long time. I humbly submit that no one should buy it.” - holy shit so dodged that bullet barely. Guess I’ll save the $60 and stick to my ps5 version after all. Shame, KH3 port is excellent.

26 minutes ago, stepee said:

Had this in the fucking cart with my epic sale games but had to take a shit and didn’t hit the final check out yet. Then I read this on resetera while shitting and also Alex posted “This is literally the worst AAA release I have seen on PC in a good long time. I humbly submit that no one should buy it.” - holy shit so dodged that bullet barely. Guess I’ll save the $60 and stick to my ps5 version after all. Shame, KH3 port is excellent.

200.gif

Want it,

Have it on ps4 pro but I want a better experience and with a ton of games to finish, start, and play as it is I'm waiting for a ps5. That could be a year as I'm the worst ps5 shopper there is. Wake up, check amazon, best buy, sold out try again tomarrow....lol

57 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

Finally got a PS5 via Newegg's shuffle and pull the trigger on this for it on Amazon. Now I just wait for that to arrive, my wife to see it and decide that it is a xmas gift and that whole bullshit holiday to come and go. 

Congratulations on getting a PS5!

On 12/16/2021 at 7:19 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

Seems like a pretty bare bones port. Can't even turn off v-sync or motion blur. Wait for Steam version where they put that option in

Screenshot-1318-760x380.png
ARSTECHNICA.COM

Square Enix backtracks on recent record of enabling its PC games' customizations.

On 12/16/2021 at 8:23 PM, dualhunter said:

No, wait for a fan mod to put it in, that's how Final Fantasy PC ports work.

It's Unreal, so you should be able to change most of those settings through .ini tweaks.

You can't fix the technical problems or terrible price though.