Final Fantasy VII Remake: Intergrade announced for PC (EGS) on December 16

Commissar SFLUFAN

9 minutes ago, stepee said:

And apparently -dx11 fixes lots of the stuttering issues. Damnit i’m tempted again lol.

22-1639761104-541834798.png
WWW.NEXUSMODS.COM

Stops the game from using dynamic resolution entirely.

I used the coupon... I know I'm not helping the cause, but running it in 4K/120 is REALLY nice! :p

• True 1

What sucks is the PS5 version was disappointing only being 1512p in the 60fps mode with heavy taa making it look pretty blurry. I know they improved the lighting a bunch and the textures and all but was still expecting at least like 1800p/60 on ps5, I just wasn’t happy with the image quality. So actually, that’s the version I regret buying not this one even though it’s busted.

With -dx11, the remove drs mod, and special k to add hdr back in, while yes having to do all that is annoying, it looks and plays so much better than the ps5 version. If they could have shipped it just in dx11 mode with exclusive full screen so hdr was normal this would have gone over so much better.

Its a weird one because it kind of is just a horrible pc port but at the same time close to being a really well optimized port running native 4k/120 on a game that looks this good on a 3080 is good stuff. But then all these baffling issues to ship with.

Edit: Oh and the remove taa mod of course 

On 12/19/2021 at 5:58 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

They pirated the Xbob version which runs flawlessly

I never claimed it ran flawlessly, I specifically said I noticed it stuttered at transitions. But mine, even before switching to DX11, never looked even 10% as bad as Digital Foundry's. I dunno WHAT the fuck is going on in the video, but I would've gotten a refund immediately. I've refunded for far, far less performance issues than what I saw in that video.

Like I said, maybe the weird ass, super specific redistributable it forced me to download (and forced me to uninstall specific other ones) had a hand in it.

I stopped playing Deathloop for like 4 months because of how assy it ran, I hate poor performance and stutter. And yes, even with all these fixes like DX11 and "stutter fix" mods, there's still stutters in cutscene transitions at times. Smaller ones, but they're still there.

Based on the fact that the game can't be played if EGS is offline... I think we have a second major culprit.

I think anything past turning off drs and running -dx11 as far as performance is concerned is not worth chasing. I tried some of the other “fixes” and I think a lot of it is just placebo effect. Anything past those fixes for stutter and you are spending a bunch of time trying to iron out stutter for like 10 minutes of gameplay. 

I will say that dX12 performance is absolutely busted for me personally as well so I’m thankful it doesn’t actually use any dx12 features. They should just make it run in dx1/ default and in exclusive full screen so hdr works normally and it would be fine out of the box then as long as they add a drs toggle as well.

• 2 weeks later...

There are some new ini hacks for texture streaming that while they didn’t fix it for DX12 still for me, DX11 even in the slums is essentially flawless now with the latest version of Special K for injecting hdr on top of the sdr setting.

This is the ini I’m using if anyone wants to try it though the port is just finicky af so mileage may vary

98-1641160750-248414828.png
WWW.NEXUSMODS.COM

GFX+Improved GPU/VRAM performance optimizations with DX12 streaming/loading hitches Resolved majority of stutters hitches smooth OC single CPU core FPSSlightly Increased visual Quality to

Note it says DX12 fix but again for me I need DX11 or it’s just a mess still.

But anyway now that that is out of the way, this moves on from just wandering around mostly abandoned factories, sewers and other drab underground areas right? Because while the combat is great and I’ve never played FF7 and don’t really know what happens in it so the story is interesting to me, I feel like so far here in ch6 that’s mostly what I’ve done besides the tiny bit of city in ch3.

Also while you can mostly fix it by yourself this is still ridiculous and that they haven’t come out with a patch at all still and possibly might just not ever really address it like with Nier is crazy.

@Xbob42 @Vic @Ominous how do they keep getting away with this??! :P

Also it annoys me because it seems like general optimization on this is so good as far as the performance overall for what you get on screen. Much the same as KH3, also UE4, which has no such issues.

It just seems like they could have had an actual good (if basic)pc port with like two extra weeks of qa/bug fixing, at least by a team familiar with pc hardware.

15 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

They keep getting away with it largely because people have spent years trying to convince themselves and everyone else that everything runs "fine." A little ironic considering my experience with this particular game, but still!

I actually understand your point, and people doing that have basically ruined Steam forums from being helpful and that is the part that annoys me the most, but yes I meant us for this one!

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

I actually understand your point, and people doing that have basically ruined Steam forums from being helpful and that is the part that annoys me the most, but yes I meant us for this one!

I think it’s people just like the idea of having something better than someone else, regardless of what they actually have. Saying “it works fine for me!” by law of the internet instantly gets you the better version of a game without having to spend a dime.

14 hours ago, stepee said:

Also while you can mostly fix it by yourself this is still ridiculous and that they haven’t come out with a patch at all still and possibly might just not ever really address it like with Nier is crazy.

@Xbob42 @Vic @Ominous how do they keep getting away with this??! :P

Also it annoys me because it seems like general optimization on this is so good as far as the performance overall for what you get on screen. Much the same as KH3, also UE4, which has no such issues.

It just seems like they could have had an actual good (if basic)pc port with like two extra weeks of qa/bug fixing, at least by a team familiar with pc hardware.

People need to stop spending money on terrible ports. Like anyone that bought the GTA remasters should be boiled by a liquid cooled pentium 4 

• True 1

Dude what is with this chick though like I never said I wanted to go on a date with her? And honestly I don’t and she is making it seem like it’s some big reward for me which is just insulting. I’m only helping her out at all because she seems completely clueless and I feel sorry for her. I have two other girls already trying to use their attraction to flirt with me in order to lure me into dangerous activities okay. FUCK.

34 minutes ago, stepee said:

Dude what is with this chick though like I never said I wanted to go on a date with her? And honestly I don’t and she is making it seem like it’s some big reward for me which is just insulting. I’m only helping her out at all because she seems completely clueless and I feel sorry for her. I have two other girls already trying to use their attraction to flirt with me in order to lure me into dangerous activities okay. FUCK.

32 minutes ago, stepee said:

Okay fine Tifa actually at least seems to give a shit about me. Jessie can fuck off honestly also though Im not buying any of it.

26 minutes ago, johnny said:

tifa is waifu 

They need simulated sex scenes in this game. Maybe then I'd play the pos.