New Android update sucks

SuperSpreader

31 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I utterly despise the company's ethos and philosophy, its emphasis on aesthetics, and the insufferable personalities responsible for its rise.

The form over function obsession was Ive. They've gotten better since he left, they chonked up the new MacBook Pros for instance.

30 minutes ago, Joe said:

IPhones are very much overrated. Notifications are stupid and not having a back button is moronic. HOWEVER, iMessage is life changing and worth the price of admission by itself.

Learn gestures, noob

22 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I utterly despise the company's ethos and philosophy, its emphasis on aesthetics, and the insufferable personalities responsible for its rise.

I hear this. My employer gave me a Mac for work and I hate it. Everything needs a sexy animation or a dumbass paid app to get built in Windows functionality. I just use my home desktop instead.

Buuuuuuut: on my next phone upgrade I think I'm getting an iPhone. All the Android phone manufacturers are ditching what made Android great and they're just becoming iPhones. Android used to feel quirky and experimental and modular. Haven't felt any of those things in a while and they're ditching features essential for me: headphone jack and SD card. In essence becoming iPhones. If you're going to do that I'm just going to go with the fucking OG.

My only iPhone gripe as an original launch day user and on is that the autocorrect still 99.9% of the time changes were to we’re, including while typing this post

1 hour ago, Joe said:

IPhones are very much overrated. Notifications are stupid and not having a back button is moronic. HOWEVER, iMessage is life changing and worth the price of admission by itself.

An OS back button that does different tings at different times depending on the last thing you did is one of the weirdest things Android users seem to like. Most preferences I understand even if they don't click for me, this one I'll never get.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

My only iPhone gripe as an original launch day user and on is that the autocorrect still 99.9% of the time changes were to we’re, including while typing this post

similar complaint but more broadly that auto correct i find is jut not very good. If I’m not close to knowing how to spell a word and type it in google, I usually get the word I’m looking for corrected, it’s probably more miss than hit with that on ios. Like if I’m typing proccitio, you know what I mean ios! Well it doesn’t, but google knows it’s prosciutto.