You gotta hand it to Sony

Paperclyp

If you must know…

I would say about 50 percent of the time I come back to my PS5 after being in rest mode it has shut itself down as if the power has gone out, I have to hard reboot and then it scolds me for not shutting it down properly. 

It seemed to get better several months back and now it has started doing it again in the past 4-5 weeks. 

On 9/30/2021 at 6:09 AM, Mr.Vic20 said:

I shutdown all of my electronic gaming devices when not using them because they are energy hogs even in sleep mode. 

Like 50% of the appeal of the Switch is that I can just put it to sleep at any arbitrary point in a game and reliably come back and pick it up right where I left off.

On 9/29/2021 at 10:36 PM, Paperclyp said:

I would say about 50 percent of the time I come back to my PS5 after being in rest mode it has shut itself down as if the power has gone out, I have to hard reboot and then it scolds me for not shutting it down properly. 

It is literally 100% of the time for me

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Like 50% of the appeal of the Switch is that I can just put it to sleep at any arbitrary point in a game and reliably come back and pick it up right where I left off.

And the other 50% is the low, low, Nintendo pricing and sales, right? :p

6 hours ago, sblfilms said:

It is literally 100% of the time for me

Same here. That said, it's always days or weeks between me turning my PS5 on, so maybe length of time has something to do with it. EVERY time I turn the damn thing on from "sleep" mode I get the obnoxious error about shutting it down correctly.

On 9/30/2021 at 12:36 AM, Paperclyp said:

If you must know…

It seemed to get better several months back and now it has started doing it again in the past 4-5 weeks. 

Call Sony, because my ps5 has never done this.

3 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Same here. That said, it's always days or weeks between me turning my PS5 on, so maybe length of time has something to do with it. EVERY time I turn the damn thing on from "sleep" mode I get the obnoxious error about shutting it down correctly.

I play mine in waves, so while I do go long times between those waves (4-6 weeks), I typically will play nightly during the wave and it still does it every time 😂