Valve drops a Tim Epic-approved steamer!

Hurricane Game

Being able to emulate Nintendo's Switch and 3DS games is cool, but like...I have those systems already. And especially in the case of the 3DS, I own all the games I'd want to play and I don't have to worry about whether or not the game is going to run properly or mess around with switching screens and such. Emulation isn't why I'm getting the Deck. 

I want to be able to play the games I want to play portably, but currently can't. Emulating A Link Between Worlds on the Deck? Why would I do that? But being able to play Street Fighter 6 on a flight to Florida or something? Hell yeah, sign me up. 

5 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Being able to emulate Nintendo's Switch and 3DS games is cool, but like...I have those systems already. And especially in the case of the 3DS, I own all the games I'd want to play and I don't have to worry about whether or not the game is going to run properly or mess around with switching screens and such. Emulation isn't why I'm getting the Deck. 

I want to be able to play the games I want to play portably, but currently can't. Emulating A Link Between Worlds on the Deck? Why would I do that? But being able to play Street Fighter 6 on a flight to Florida or something? Hell yeah, sign me up. 

Well, to just answer the why, because the games look way better : P

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, stepee said:

Well, to just answer the why, because the games look way better : P

Haha...yeah...yeah...I mean...do they? You miss out on that sweet, sweet stereoscopic 3D! 

The games look sharper probably, but...eh. I don't really care about that. I don't need a Deck to play 3DS games. But if I can, for example, play some hidden gem Saturn games somehow...now we're talking. 

12 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Haha...yeah...yeah...I mean...do they? You miss out on that sweet, sweet stereoscopic 3D! 

The games look sharper probably, but...eh. I don't really care about that. I don't need a Deck to play 3DS games. But if I can, for example, play some hidden gem Saturn games somehow...now we're talking. 

A yeah you can do Saturn. Dreamcast is especially easy as well. 

But ya you don’t have to play 3ds on it lol, we were just talking about how it works for people who might be interested in hd remaster 3ds games. 

For me, the main thing is my 3ds in in a bin somewhere because I never use it, and I hate playing on the system itself at this point. The deck is always right by my side so if I feel like playing a 3DS game it’s much more convenient for me having all the handheld games ever on one system.

• Halal 2

OUT FOR DELIVERY !!

Just looked and it was in Central Point, OR at 3am so it will definitely be here today as that's just 18 miles from me. I was honestly thinking Saturday but looks like they got the estimated delivery date right for a change when it shipped FedEx. So Glad I got that Type c to Ethernet dongle   for downloading my games. I have really good Wi-Fi but this should be much better!

So what to play first? That is the question??

• Like 1
  • Halal 3

1 hour ago, GameDadGrant said:

While you miss out on the 3D (which was cool and I wish 3D tvs aint crash and burn) it's one less system to carry around. Also the 3DS is so weak you really shouldn't have trouble emulating it. Also yes graphics would be better. 

Edit: Must be strong. Aya posted a pic of their OG GB styled Air Pro and I am weakening. No reason to get a 5825u device when 6800u and by this time next year most likely 7800us will be available.

For a good game to try out on your new decks may I recommend one of the Yakuza games on the latest Dragon Engine. So, Kiwami 2, Yakuza 6, Yakuza 7 I believe. I’m playing Kiwami 2 and it is pretty damn impressive looking at 40fps on the deck and just a lot of fun to play one of these handheld.

13 minutes ago, stepee said:

For a good game to try out on your new decks may I recommend one of the Yakuza games on the latest Dragon Engine. So, Kiwami 2, Yakuza 6, Yakuza 7 I believe. I’m playing Kiwami 2 and it is pretty damn impressive looking at 40fps on the deck and just a lot of fun to play one of these handheld.

It doesn't run at 60FPS? I remember getting 60FPS on both th3 Deck and Neo Next.

15 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

It doesn't run at 60FPS? I remember getting 60FPS on both th3 Deck and Neo Next.

On Kiwami 2 specifically? I wasn’t holding it with high settings so I capped to 40. The cut scenes are super detailed and run in real time too so they can be demanding.

16 minutes ago, stepee said:

On Kiwami 2 specifically? I wasn’t holding it with high settings so I capped to 40. The cut scenes are super detailed and run in real time too so they can be demanding.

Ahh. Haven't played Kimiwa 2. I guess once I get my gundam fix ill get to finishing Zero.

4 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Ahh. Haven't played Kimiwa 2. I guess once I get my gundam fix ill get to finishing Zero.

Ahh, yeah Zero is old engine and is no problem at 60fps yeah! I recommend K2/6/7 because they are on the new engine and look more next gen handheld.

4 hours ago, stepee said:

For me, the main thing is my 3ds in in a bin somewhere because I never use it, and I hate playing on the system itself at this point. The deck is always right by my side so if I feel like playing a 3DS game it’s much more convenient for me having all the handheld games ever on one system.

3 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

While you miss out on the 3D (which was cool and I wish 3D tvs aint crash and burn) it's one less system to carry around. Also the 3DS is so weak you really shouldn't have trouble emulating it. Also yes graphics would be better. 

Fair enough, convenience is key here. I can dig that. Also stoked to hear Saturn can be emulated, as well as Dreamcast! NICE. :D 

3 hours ago, HardAct said:

So what to play first? That is the question??

jennifer lawrence everything GIF Love Reaction GIF by Digital Pratik Shower Together Same Time GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

Edit: Must be strong. Aya posted a pic of their OG GB styled Air Pro and I am weakening. No reason to get a 5825u device when 6800u and by this time next year most likely 7800us will be available.

I wonder if the 3D would work on a projector like mine:thinking:

5 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Fair enough, convenience is key here. I can dig that. Also stoked to hear Saturn can be emulated, as well as Dreamcast! NICE. :D 

jennifer lawrence everything GIF Love Reaction GIF by Digital Pratik Shower Together Same Time GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

You should be able to emulate up to PS3 but it will be on a game by game basis.

• Halal 1

Emulation is also more worth it for noobs to bother with because they make it so damn simple. Especially with emudeck and controller profiles. My goodness those profiles save a lot of time. Also just it being the same system, there’s so many guides for any question you might have.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stepee said:

Emulation is also more worth it for noobs to bother with because they make it so damn simple. Especially with emudeck and controller profiles. My goodness those profiles save a lot of time. Also just it being the same system, there’s so many guides for any question you might have.

I first encountered emulators in high school. We had the school PCs loaded with SNES roms.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

I first encountered emulators in high school. We had the school PCs loaded with SNES roms.

It’s through being into the emulation scene in high school that I got connections with the bleem people and got to go to E3 with them and that was the E3 of the ps2 launch, when the MGS2 trailer was shown, and it was amazing. When Neorage first came out and new rom dumps were a big thing I used to get them early before they released to public and it was like the coolest thing ever at the time lol.

3 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Same. But the kids at my school focused on NES roms. The emulator used was something called "Nesticle." 

Fun note: The guy who made Nesticle, Callus (cps1), and Genecyst recently came back with cycle accurate nes emulation that isn’t playable yet!

metalnes-nesticle.jpg
WWW.PCGAMESN.COM

The creator of NESticle is making a new NES emulator that's so accurate modern PCs can barely handle it

p

• Shocked 1

6 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

6 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Same. But the kids at my school focused on NES roms. The emulator used was something called "Nesticle." 

Reminds me of when I took some college class. We were required to go and teach some kids how to use word or something on the computer. And when we get there (it's like a rec room place where they live) they're all playing roms on some website I never heard of. I didn't need to teach them anything because they already knew more than me. :p

It came st 7:30pm !! 

I didnt open it even, that's never happened ever! Plugged it in this morning, logged into steam and downloaded Disco Elysium. I was only 20 minutes in so excited to get through this highly loved game. 

So far it's just that game I've downloaded. Havent done anything with it yet, but tonight its on!!

• Like 2
  • Shocked 2

2 minutes ago, HardAct said:

I didnt open it even, that's never happened ever! Plugged it in this morning, logged into steam and downloaded Disco Elysium. I was only 20 minutes in so excited to get through this highly loved game. 

So far it's just that game I've downloaded. Havent done anything with it yet, but tonight its on!!

Welcome to the club!

On 7/16/2022 at 11:13 AM, Firewithin said:

i was bored and i tried the calculator thing that now shows the graph how likely or how long you have until order and i'm at 1.3% lmao.  im never getting this

Hopefully it isn't too long of a wait and maybe even a better system after everybody bug fixes the system.

On 7/16/2022 at 12:27 PM, HardAct said:

impressions????

Really enjoying just throwing anything at it and just seeing how well it plays it. Lots of games installed on the SD card now I feel the internal 512gig and my 1Tb micro SD is sufficient enough for this thing. Love the screens anti glare, and the controls and their different options are incredible. The twin sticks are Xbox quality I love them. I had and issue this weekend in the garage with a Hot water mal function. Figures! I have now played 3 hours with different games, Disco Elysium is a great start, but I've played Doom Eternal, borderlands 3 and portal 2. Doom and Borderlands needed tweaking but ran good at 60 settings turned down. Just a fun PC in my hands. Feels of good quality, and there's a lot here to experience. Thinking of using a 256Gig SanDisk I have laying around to install windows on to do some emulation down the road, but for now I'm enjoying this impressive handheld. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

Also I'm so loving the USB-C to ethernet dongle I bought for like 10 bucks on Amazon. Just made downloading large 30+ Gig games so much easier. I usually get 60-80Mbps on Wi-fi in my game room. It's the furthest from the router you can get in my home. Now I just Q-Up a handful of games and plug it in and it's recognized immediately no fuss at all. I don't even have to choose it over wi-fi it's automatic! Wish it worked like this on the switch in handheld mode but it doesn't so oh well. Getting 100-200Mbps is much better. 30Gig games downloaded in less than 20 minutes, sometimes under 10 minutes!!

I really enjoy just picking the thing up and play for 15 minutes and then going and doing something else only for it to be ready for me to hop right back in when I get a little more time.

I am about to board a 3.5 hour flight to LA and have my deck and grabbed some razer barracuda X headphones and I’m very excited for something I normally hate doing 😂