Valve drops a Tim Epic-approved steamer!

Hurricane Game

after playing around with the deck over the weekend and getting used to the feel of it im very much enjoying this.  it certainly runs hot but that has not made anything worse.

ive played some lego marvel 2, disco Elysium, couple other indies and all have ran perfectly.  the only issue i had was i tried to play zero time dilemma but it would crash after the first few minutes but i googled and its apparently a known issue. 

4 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

AW HELL YEAH!!!

My Steam Deck is ready! Just made the final purchase this afternoon and it is getting prepped for delivery!

I AM EXCITE

That's fuckin fantastic! I'm excited for you. You waited a long time so I'm glad the wait is over. 

• Halal 1

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

For some reason Duckstation reset itself so I lost all presets and everything. :/

I hope it didn't wipe the memory cards at least.

I'm not sure what happened but I guess another instance or something was installed because it just created a new directory for stuff. I copied over the settings and memory cards and it was just how it was previously (except for some reason it shows the GUI instead of being full screen so I guess I have to fiddle around with that)

3 minutes ago, rc0101 said:

Just got mine today. Is there a must play game for this? I really haven’t followed it much since I preordered a long time ago. 

It plays everything so it’s whatever sounds good to you really. :P

I think Sony games are good show off ones and really drive home that this is a new generation of handhelds. Spider-man and Days Gone are good ones that shine. Stray looks amazing on it. Assassins Creed (the most recent trilogy) are good show off games. Control is pretty crazy on a handheld. Horizon 5 is amazing in it but you need to buy it on Steam if you don’t want to dual boot to Windows.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, stepee said:

It plays everything so it’s whatever sounds good to you really. :P

I think Sony games are good show off ones and really drive home that this is a new generation of handhelds. Spider-man and Days Gone are good ones that shine. Stray looks amazing on it. Assassins Creed (the most recent trilogy) are good show off games. Control is pretty crazy on a handheld. Horizon 5 is amazing in it but you need to buy it on Steam if you don’t want to dual boot to Windows.

18 minutes ago, Brian said:

Aperture Desk Job to see some Deck features. 

Nice! Appreciate it! Maybe I’ll play through Valhalla and finish it this time. Downloading Desk Job as well! 

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, rc0101 said:

Nice! Appreciate it! Maybe I’ll play through Valhalla and finish it this time. Downloading Desk Job as well! 

Just a note on Valhalla, you need to go to desktop mode and install the ubisoft launcher:

1417918491id20760gol.jpg
WWW.GAMINGONLINUX.COM

A guide that I've seen quite a few comments ask for across YouTube and our social media pages, so here's how to get the Ubisoft Connect launcher working on Steam Deck.

It works great once you do this though.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

I’m so in love with the deck.  It’s exactly what I was wishing it would be.  I’m now on my 3rd game for completion in a week and a half, where I normally would finish one or two games a year.  
fucking worth every penny. 

its so good lol, I’m still obsessed with it as if I just got it last week

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

5 minutes ago, SmugPrick said:

what's one thing you enjoy the most about it? Outside of the portability of course which is a subjective preference. 

The versatility of control options and reliability of suspend mode maybe? It’s just if you take out the portability, it’s just a computer so technically there isn’t anything it can do that my main desktop can’t, it’s just in a factor where I enjoy playing a lot of things more.

Overall it is just the versatility of it. That I can pick up this device and pretty much think of any game and be quickly playing it while laying back and watching tv.  

I also like how everything feels, everything is nice and clicky and there’s the haptics and the rumble is nice, and you have all these options, it’s just a fun device to use.

The thing I like is not just that it is portable but because it is portable you would play games on it you wouldn't otherwise play if you were sitting at a computer. Like visual novels are kinda crappy to sit at a computer and read but on the deck you can just take it anywhere you want.

And I've mentioned it before but it's great for little bite sized games, arcadey types of games  or roguelikes like Hades (Actually played Going Under which is kind of like Hades) or Mr. Driller.

• True 1

I heard God of War is tougher to run than the other Sony games, but I haven’t tried it myself as that one I don’t have since I’m not planning on playing it before GOW2. I find it hard to believe you can’t lock it to 30 relatively easily, but I think it was pc gamer saying the frame rate wasn’t great though it’s verified. Maybe they didn’t try simple things like turning down res to 720p.

I haven’t met a game I couldn’t run at least at a solid 30fps and 720p myself.

32 minutes ago, stepee said:

I heard God of War is tougher to run than the other Sony games, but I haven’t tried it myself as that one I don’t have since I’m not planning on playing it before GOW2. I find it hard to believe you can’t lock it to 30 relatively easily, but I think it was pc gamer saying the frame rate wasn’t great though it’s verified. Maybe they didn’t try simple things like turning down res to 720p.

I haven’t met a game I couldn’t run at least at a solid 30fps and 720p myself.

That's what I'm doing now is beating GOW before the weekend is over. I'm prepping for God of War Ragnarök and I'm excited now. 

Also, the deck sounds so amazing. Incredible technology for sure.