Valve drops a Tim Epic-approved steamer!

Hurricane Game

17 hours ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

Quick review since I've had it two weeks

Pros:

fun new tech (for me)

Comfortable to hold/controls don't cramp my hands 

Games look good on it

Cons:

Battery life/charging time

Software. It's buggy af. From booting issues, to freezes and wifi dropping out completely it's a fucking mess. 

Screen is way easier to smudge than my oled switch.

Kind of wishing I sold it but oh well, I'll continue to tinker with it and play it on lunch 

I say keep it and wait for updates etc. Or sell it to me for $140.

• True 1

19 hours ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

Quick review since I've had it two weeks

Pros:

fun new tech (for me)

Comfortable to hold/controls don't cramp my hands 

Games look good on it

Cons:

Battery life/charging time

Software. It's buggy af. From booting issues, to freezes and wifi dropping out completely it's a fucking mess. 

Screen is way easier to smudge than my oled switch.

Kind of wishing I sold it but oh well, I'll continue to tinker with it and play it on lunch 

You could still sell it. Also it may grow on you. I spend most of my gaming on the Neo Next at this point.

9959f386c5e740cd15ffa14e6d3aa19637eb9eb2
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Hello! We have just shipped SteamOS 3.3 and an updated Steam Client to the Stable channel. This update includes all the changes and improvements that have been undergoing testing in the Beta and Preview channels. General Added Achievements page to overlay (while in-game press Steam button) Added Guides page to overlay (while in-game press Steam button) Added notification when Steam Deck...

16 hours ago, stepee said:

lol are they just going to the table and knocking it off?

Ya basically. Coming onto the bed and sitting on it, nudging it off by mistake, and their favorite stepping on and pulling the USB cable to push it off my sofa bed.

I couldn't open it but ayaneo reached out and they are gonna send a replacement left trigger. It's not a major issue since alot of games don't make alot of use of LT.

• Haha 1

I’ve been doing a bunch of emulation and streaming mixed in with regular pc games lately and really digging this whole, play pretty much literally any game you want from this one device thing I got going on.

I hope switch 2 allows remote play so I can just stream from it in desktop mode and have all the systems right there on one device. Seems like a lot at this point to bother buying a hackable switch just to dump all my games and then I’d need a 1tb to store them so it would be like $400 to get my library on. I don’t trust downloading switch games off the internet and not having my isp yell at me, even if it’s games I own.

2 hours ago, stepee said:

I’ve been doing a bunch of emulation and streaming mixed in with regular pc games lately and really digging this whole, play pretty much literally any game you want from this one device thing I got going on.

I hope switch 2 allows remote play so I can just stream from it in desktop mode and have all the systems right there on one device. Seems like a lot at this point to bother buying a hackable switch just to dump all my games and then I’d need a 1tb to store them so it would be like $400 to get my library on. I don’t trust downloading switch games off the internet and not having my isp yell at me, even if it’s games I own.

Got me thinking once I get a new desktop I should try streaming higher end emulation.

1 hour ago, Zaku3 said:

Got me thinking once I get a new desktop I should try streaming higher end emulation.

yeahhhh I’ve had this thought too, it would be cool to have my whole switch collection there and stream it all back to my deck 

Ok so I want to extole the benefits of redundancy. Desktop PC is down but got my Alienware laptop. Aya Neo is down but I got a steam deck to use while I wait for my replacement parts to arrive.

I'm disappointed in the screen colors (im high) but having a ready and able replacement is nice. Next Steam Deck though I'm staying on steam OS. Though I am a masoquist so I could be the boards sacrifice to Gaben for Windows.

2 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Am I missing something? I get stuck on preparing to stream. Wanted to test out streaming on the deck.

Mare you using moonlight? That’s working pretty well for me. I was having weird issues with steam streaming direct. Also Moonlight has a tool to use on the host to make sure right ports are open. And turn off hardware scheduling in graphics if you are Win11.

59 minutes ago, stepee said:

Mare you using moonlight? That’s working pretty well for me. I was having weird issues with steam streaming direct. Also Moonlight has a tool to use on the host to make sure right ports are open. And turn off hardware scheduling in graphics if you are Win11.

I am not. I thought it just works with steam. Will dl.

I don't need it.

• Haha 1

Benefit of handheld PCs my work calls are terrible we are busier then we have been but wit handheld PCs i can make productive use of this time and work on my Stellaris build.

Day could have been wasted but hey maybe I can figure out how to hit around 20k fleet power by 2230.

spider-man.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

Insomniac's former PlayStation exclusive has never looked better, even on the go…

This is an excellent PC port with Steam Deck support that elevates to it to a must-own for anyone with Valve’s portable. While Sony may never make a PlayStation Vita 2, if its support of the Steam Deck continues as more and more PlayStation exclusives migrate to PC, it’ll soon feel like the next-generation Sony handheld many of us have always wanted.

• Like 2