Valve drops a Tim Epic-approved steamer!

Hurricane Game

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Steam deck has arrived, and my wife set it up as she is terribly kind. Sadly, I won't get home until 10 tonight and I have work at 5am so... looks like I'll be taking my steam deck to the men's room tomorrow! :sun:

pooping while playing spiderman.  what a time to be alive 

• True 3
  • Halal 1

21 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Ugh. Still waiting for confirmation that my order is being shipped in "Q4." The "October-December" window seems so far away...

Sorry Grant, I feel like if anyone deserves one of these its you! But if you try to take mine, I'll kick you! :p

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

I see @Mr.Vic20 playing Garry's Mod, and I'm thinking, "Why is he playing that old game?" Then remember, "Oh yeah, Steam Deck"

That was my son, he loves messing around with such things. I was on the patio with my wife trying to remedy this curiously persistent case of sobriety. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

That was my son, he loves messing around with such things. I was on the patio with my wife trying to remedy this curiously persistent case of sobriety. 

So I do want to conform the only way to play multiple steam games is to leave say the deck in offlije mode?

Also Aya Neo is kinda slipping. Their CEO is saying no new info onnthe Neo 2 until late August/early sept and papa the AOKZOE A1 finishes Aug the 26th. I need like a date for an IGG or something. AOKZOE were showing off all the 6800us they got.

My stance has softened on the A1 while the dpad is terrible I strongly believe in the new few gens we may have medium/high settings 1080p APUs. I prefer 720/800p in my head so 8in at 1200p might actually work so I'm interested in trying the form factor.

6 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

So I do want to conform the only way to play multiple steam games is to leave say the deck in offlije mode?

Also Aya Neo is kinda slipping. Their CEO is saying no new info onnthe Neo 2 until late August/early sept and papa the AOKZOE A1 finishes Aug the 26th. I need like a date for an IGG or something. AOKZOE were showing off all the 6800us they got.

My stance has softened on the A1 while the dpad is terrible I strongly believe in the new few gens we may have medium/high settings 1080p APUs. I prefer 720/800p in my head so 8in at 1200p might actually work so I'm interested in trying the form factor.

I was able to play spider man while my son played Doom today, but I can't vouch for the Steam deck's wifi being on at the time. I will investigate and report back this weekend!

• Halal 1

Man I don’t know why but local streaming on this works better than any other device I’ve used over wifi, as far as consistency. Also whatever connection issues I had with moonlight before seem to be gone now. And it’s damn impressive on deck, highly recommend trying that out if you have a nvidia card on your desktop. 

I played hours of Saints Row on it last night and it was awesome playing it maxed out and downsampled 4k/60fps with ray tracing in bed. I only had three instances of the stream hitching over a 3 hours or so, it was always like at least one per every couple minutes when I use my iphone 12 or android tablet or other things I’ve tried. This is actually damnnn close to native.

I still prefer native if possible, something about it that’s hard to define, but also I like reliable suspend. But since this game doesn’t have freakin cloud saves on Epic and requires me to boot the deck into windows which ruins suspend state anyway, I’ll probably mostly just stream this since it works so damn well.

10 hours ago, Brian said:

who else is already getting itchy for a Steam Deck 2? :p

I feel like they need to iron out all the software issues with Steam OS first. It has gotten much better from when I first got mine, but it's still not perfect. The last two titles I played both had audio issues when coming out of sleep mode, for example. 

10 hours ago, silentbob said:

I downloaded a few of the Resident Evil games to my deck and went to shut it off but froze on me. I would also like to see a download in sleep mode happen asap . . . unless there is one that I’m not aware of. 

I don't think download in sleep mode is there yet. Or if it is, I would also like to know how to turn it on! I got burned once expecting it by starting up a download, putting it in sleep, only to find it wasn't downloaded at all when I turned it on a hour later :p 

I can understand if they disable it when you're not plugged in, but otherwise seems like an important feature!

5 minutes ago, legend said:

I don't think download in sleep mode is there yet. Or if it is, I would also like to know how to turn it on! I got burned once expecting it by starting up a download, putting it in sleep, only to find it wasn't downloaded at all when I turned it on a hour later :p 

I can understand if they disable it when you're not plugged in, but otherwise seems like an important feature!

i had mine plugged in for the downloads and was suppose to stay on while downloading. Don’t know if it reached a certain time and shut itself after half into RE4 download. Funny that I set my deck up to stay on at all times until all downloads were complete. Seem to ignore that, but I’m sure a sleep mode download should be coming. . . .right?

10 minutes ago, silentbob said:

i had mine plugged in for the downloads and was suppose to stay on while downloading. Don’t know if it reached a certain time and shut itself after half into RE4 download. Funny that I set my deck up to stay on at all times until all downloads were complete. Seem to ignore that, but I’m sure a sleep mode download should be coming. . . .right?

Valve seems like they're on the ball in terms of how to make this a great system, so I have to imagine it's in the plans.