Got some Playstation 5s available at Best Buy, better go quickly. UPDATE: fuck

SaysWho?

2 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I follow some alerts on Discord, and I might just unsubscribe from those at this point. It feels useless. I hate getting my hopes up like that. It's easier to pretend that these new consoles just don't actually exist. 

Yeah there is a youtube stream that sends off an alert any time some new console is in stock and every time the alert goes off they are gone. Even just sitting on the site randomly refreshing doesn't do much either.

I'm still amazed at how difficult it it to obtain a new console this generation. I know scalpers are out of control, but I can't believe they're controlling the entire market, because I know a lot of people are still getting these things, but the difficulty is absurd for a type of good.

I just got an alert for the Series X at Best Buy. Some are listed as available at nearby stores, but the cart button say "Please wait". That will quickly turn to "sold out" before I get a chance. It's maddening. 

And Best Buy is particularly frustrating. They say "every few minutes, we're going to release more inventory" which just keeps you there uselessly refreshing constantly. Just tell me you're sold out so I can move on with my day. 

8 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I just got an alert for the Series X at Best Buy. Some are listed as available at nearby stores, but the cart button say "Please wait". That will quickly turn to "sold out" before I get a chance. It's maddening. 

And Best Buy is particularly frustrating. They say "every few minutes, we're going to release more inventory" which just keeps you there uselessly refreshing constantly. Just tell me you're sold out so I can move on with my day. 

I think they only put several up for sale every few minutes so that bots don't swoop and buy them all up. That's how I got my last XSX is by refreshing the Best Buy app until it said "Add to Cart". Was actually pretty easy compared to the pre order shit show that happened when they first released.

8 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Yeah their website is so fucking vague and confusing, it makes it a lot more painful than it has to be trying to get stock from there.

Just now, TheLeon said:

Well, maybe my complaining actually worked. I finally was able to get through and place an order. It says it'll be available for pickup on Saturday. This is honestly the 50th time I've tried that. 

Wtf. You sly son of a bitch! You got yourself one of dem new xbox's!

• SaysWho? changed the title to Got some Playstation 5s available at Best Buy, better go quickly. UPDATE: fuck
3 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Yea I can add a XSX to my cart.  No PS5 doe

I'm trying but it says this and just hangs and says please wait.

This item is not in your cart yet.
Due to the high demand, we're having everyone go through one more step before it can be added.
Please try again.

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

This is actually how I got my PS5. They do in fact refresh the inventory.

Edit: Oops lol.

2 hours ago, brucoe said:

I'm still amazed at how difficult it it to obtain a new console this generation. I know scalpers are out of control, but I can't believe they're controlling the entire market, because I know a lot of people are still getting these things, but the difficulty is absurd for a type of good.

It's not just the scalpers. We're also dealing with the lingering effects of the pandemic, the chip shortage and shipping slow downs in global trade. A lot of issues going on at once.

4 hours ago, Joe said:

Use the Twitter alerts. Got mine in 2 weeks of trying.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I was going to say the same thing. 

Same, just follow cheapassgamer, IGNdeals, a couple dedicated PS5 or XSX. You'll nab one eventually.

Do Sony and Microsoft sell them directly to the public? A person should be able to just go buy one from the source and know that while it may take a while, you are in line and eventually you will be shipped a console.

Is that not a thing that can happen?

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I really want to trade my older systems for the xsx. I'm waiting until I can do that. So most likely 2023 is when I get onto next-gen.

I would think about the value of your current systems by 2023 and maybe rethink that a little. 

You can get cash at gamestop, find a xbox now wherever, then sell the shit for cash to replace the cash you spent. You’ll end up with $100 less in trade in than getting in store credit but you’ll lose more than that waiting, they are giving a fair amount still for the pro and X.

Im assuming you don’t want to put in the effort to ebay which of course would be the most money back.

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

I would think about the value of your current systems by 2023 and maybe rethink that a little. 

You can get cash at gamestop, find a xbox now wherever, then sell the shit for cash to replace the cash you spent. You’ll end up with $100 less in trade in than getting in store credit but you’ll lose more than that waiting, they are giving a fair amount still for the pro and X.

Im assuming you don’t want to put in the effort to ebay which of course would be the most money back.

I'm high af and can't comprehend what you're saying.