Got some Playstation 5s available at Best Buy, better go quickly. UPDATE: fuck

SaysWho?

48 minutes ago, ort said:

Do Sony and Microsoft sell them directly to the public? A person should be able to just go buy one from the source and know that while it may take a while, you are in line and eventually you will be shipped a console.

Is that not a thing that can happen?

You can purchase directly from Sony through PlayStation Direct but there's a queue system for when they have an allocation.

19 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

You can purchase directly from Sony through PlayStation Direct but there's a queue system for when they have an allocation.

If only GPU manufacturers did something like that. EVGA has an email alert thing, but I just want to be like "put me in the queue, bill me when you have one, here's my PayPal and my address, thank you."

(Yes I know they don't have the built in resources for retail sales)

35 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm high af and can't comprehend what you're saying.

Waiting to sell your stuff until you can find a new system in stock at gamestop = during that time the value of the systems will go down, which means gamestop will give you less store credit, so you will get less money by waiting.

You can instead just buy the series x from anywhere during moments like today when it was possible, then sell your systems for cash at gamestop afterwards. Then you can put that cash into the bank to make up for the money you spent on the series x.

39 minutes ago, stepee said:

Waiting to sell your stuff until you can find a new system in stock at gamestop = during that time the value of the systems will go down, which means gamestop will give you less store credit, so you will get less money by waiting.

You can instead just buy the series x from anywhere during moments like today when it was possible, then sell your systems for cash at gamestop afterwards. Then you can put that cash into the bank to make up for the money you spent on the series x.

I understand now. Good idea but I'm lazy haha 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

Fair! Just something to keep in mind if you ever happen to just see one you could pick up, that you can still get money from gamestop in cash after.

With backwards compatibility, old consoles are going to decrease in price quickly.  

5 hours ago, ort said:

Do Sony and Microsoft sell them directly to the public? A person should be able to just go buy one from the source and know that while it may take a while, you are in line and eventually you will be shipped a console.

Is that not a thing that can happen?

Yes you can buy them from the microsoft store website but they are always out of stock.