Venom: Let there be Carnage Trailer and Discussion Thread

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

If it was ever possible to scrape even lower than the bottom of the barrel than Venom, it's definitely Carnage.

I think you'll appreciate the Sony's short summary for this movie.

Tom Hardy returns to the big screen as the lethal protector Venom, one of MARVEL’s greatest and most complex characters. Directed by Andy Serkis, the film also stars Michelle Williams, Naomie Harris and Woody Harrelson, in the role of the villain Cletus Kasady/Carnage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2021 at 7:55 PM, Ghost_MH said:

Yeah, but also Carnage was always terrible, so there's that too.

I was never much into, nor know much about the Spider-Man universe, but I always hear about people not liking Carnage. Why is that? I always thought he was one of the more popular villains?

2 hours ago, Derek said:

I was never much into, nor know much about the Spider-Man universe, but I always hear about people not liking Carnage. Why is that? I always thought he was one of the more popular villains?

As a character, he's about as rich and complex and Trump's hair in the rain. He's just random violence for violence's sake, alone. He doesn't have a sappy past or some guiding principal.

People do like to pretend he's Marvel's Joker, but like the Joker without the supporting cast or elaborate plans. Even comic-accurate Thanos trying to kill half the universe to impress a woman is more interesting than the serial killing symbiote that attached itself to a serial killer and wants nothing more than to continue killing people.

Carnage comes from a time when blood, violence, and boobs was enough to sell comics and he hasn't really evolved into more more than that in the lasty thirty or so years.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Creating carnage with the release date!

creating carnage? No. Creating chaos? yes. :p 

Hey @sblfilms I know films changing dates isn't unusual at all, but how much of a pain in the ass is it for you with a movie like this that has changed it's date like 3 or 4 times in only a month or so? 

• Pikachu changed the title to Venom: Let there be Carnage Trailer and Discussion Thread
  • 4 weeks later...

I heard that if you liked those goofiness of the last movie, like Tom Hardy in a lobster tank type shit, then you’ll have fun with this because it doubles down on that. And it leans more into Brock and the symbiote being gay for each other.

I wanna see it but can wait for it to hit streaming.

15 minutes ago, Komusha said:

I heard that if you liked those goofiness of the last movie, like Tom Hardy in a lobster tank type shit, then you’ll have fun with this because it doubles down on that. And it leans more into Brock and the symbiote being gay for each other.

I wanna see it but can wait for it to hit streaming.

Actually (only one opinion) but Max was someone who enjoyed the first movie and didn't like the second one at all.

37 minutes ago, Komusha said:

Something to keep in mind.

This is kind of a poor point because the demos that go see stuff like Venom are the demos that generate the vast majority of the box office every year :p Them not being theater averse is all that is needed to have a pretty healthy exhibition industry, and as more in the less frequent theater goer demos come back around, there will be additional growth opportunities.

33 minutes ago, johnny said:

my theatre got rid of the 10am-3pm showings  during the week which is my favorite time to go. i have the week off work so i can hit up a few movies but i don’t like that i have to go at like 4pm in the middle of my day lol. 

I honestly prefer the early shows as well, and my local theater also got rid of them for most weekdays :( 

5 hours ago, sblfilms said:

This is kind of a poor point because the demos that go see stuff like Venom are the demos that generate the vast majority of the box office every year :p Them not being theater averse is all that is needed to have a pretty healthy exhibition industry, and as more in the less frequent theater goer demos come back around, there will be additional growth opportunities.

I don’t think it’s a fair point to point out that things are swinging more in one direction even if they already were beforehand.

1 hour ago, Komusha said:

I don’t think it’s a fair point to point out that things are swinging more in one direction even if they already were beforehand.

I don’t know what this means