Starfield - Information Thread, update: May Update (detailed surface maps, difficulty options, display settings) to release on May 15

SaysWho?

18 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Damn this reminds me of all the doom and gloom folks were posting right before Final Fantasy came out only to have everyone jizzing on their keyboards once they played the game :lol: Don't change D1P... don't ever fucking change.

Bethesduh

I’d love to play Starfield. The idea/concept seems really cool. But unfortunately I’m not able to buy a Series X due to finances. And since you guys won’t come together and purchase me one I am left with no choice but to troll the game. You have no one but yourselves to blame. 

• Haha 2
  • True 1
  • Hugs 1

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’d love to play Starfield. The idea/concept seems really cool. But unfortunately I’m not able to buy a Series X due to finances. And since you guys won’t come together and purchase me one I am left with no choice but to troll the game. You have no one but yourselves to blame. 

Dont you have a PC?

42 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Just buy game pass for a month and play it off the PS5 web browser off the cloud. (Does PS5 have a web browser?)

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Starfield (06 September 2023) - Information Thread, update: AMD announced as exclusive PC partner
7 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

So that's how they get to claim 1440p on Series S.  1440p upscaled from what?

I want console developers to be more transparent about how exactly they're using FSR2.

Assuming it's using Quality mode it would be 960p, Performance would be 720p.

frew2oc9f6p81.jpg

6 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Assuming it's using Quality mode it would be 960p, Performance would be 720p.

No, 720p target with dynamic resolution dips. :p

I would much rather see visual features stripped out than slapping FSR 2 Pefromance or Balanced on a game and calling it a day.  It's more work for developers.  But not doing it is how the Series S gets to junk status fastest.

6 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Thanks Todd. Looks like DLSS3 will also have to be a mod. 

4 hours ago, stepee said:

One of puredark’s dlss3 mods is for Fallout 4, dude is thinking ahead ahead :D

L3Vrci4QhrJjJAnhmJTCm9-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Some folk are mourning the perceived lack of DLSS support, some expecting more classic Bethesda launch jank, some fear Jedi: Survivor level issues, and some just straight out call for a boycott of AMD.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

L3Vrci4QhrJjJAnhmJTCm9-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Some folk are mourning the perceived lack of DLSS support, some expecting more classic Bethesda launch jank, some fear Jedi: Survivor level issues, and some just straight out call for a boycott of AMD.

Lol I predicted AMD sponsored titles becoming a badge of poor performance would maybe start backfiring!

• Haha 1

I do think AMD, if they are really blocking dlss3, is screwing up here in a way that hurts themselves too. If it’s some kind of crazy coincidence that their sponsored titles largely don’t support dlss and not one supports fg, hell, I would have asked a dev of some smaller game to include dlss3 just to distance from the accusation! 

I think the sponsoring titles so they don’t have certain features thing works okay if it’s like nvidia shadowlibs and physx. But AMD is out here sponsoring games and making most of the entire high end pc base right now run games at literally half their potential performance, I don’t see how that plays well.

3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Sucks to have Nvidia :p 

But in all seriousness, I will laugh when people use this as a reason why Starfield ends up having poor performance on PC...rather than the obvious lack of ability at Bethesda to optimize any of their games.

I mean a 4090 will still be the card that runs this best, it’s just a net negative when AMD sponsors as nothing is any better for AMD users as fsr is supported no matter who sponsors.

But yeah this is going to perform badly either way but intentionally cutting the potential performance on the current series of the most popular pc brand in HALF isn’t a great look no matter how your slice it. 

I do give it a week tops until someone mods it in but that just goes to show what a stupid move this is PR wise no matter what is going on with a game like this that will be cpu heavy.

47 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I felt behind the times when people started championing AMD. Now they’re hated again. Silly Internet. 

It's possible to hate AMD exclusive partnerships that exclude supporting better technology while still liking other things AMD does. On the whole AMD is solid and I wish they actually would compete better with Nvidia in the high-end GPU (and AI) market.