Starfield - Information Thread, update: May Update (detailed surface maps, difficulty options, display settings) to release on May 15

SaysWho?

7 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@stepee since Biggie declined your offer, you can use the XSEX money to buy me this:

WWW.XBOX.COM

Introducing the ultimate RPG bundle in celebration of the 50th title released on Xbox now made available for a limited time featuring 50 full-fledged RPGs!

I have most of those.

• Sicko 1

I played the game Sunday and Monday. With a Nvidia 3080, it was choppy at times with 64gigs of ram. Still enjoyable, though. My one comment of a review so far is that the game feels like Fallout 4 in space. Lots of area to explore and bandits everywhere. And monsters.

• Halal 1

rmUUd5EDhvgCS48T8FMyGX-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

The "Emotional Security" buff is one of Starfield's best, and true love is the only way to get it.

If you've been saving yourself for that one special Starfield romance partner in your playthrough, it turns out you've been missing out on a status effect that's arguably better than any single chem can provide. It's called "Emotional Security," and the only way to get it is by having sex. If only it were that easy, Starfield.

Emotional Security boosts XP gains by 15% for 24 real minutes. As shared by VG247, this is similar to the 10% XP "Well Rested" bonus you get for sleeping in a bed, but better because it's a higher number and also it means someone loves you.

No, seriously: there are no one-night stands in Starfield, so the only way to get busy in bed is to first romance one of the select few NPCs that are interested. Thankfully Starfield's companions set their standards very low, so it's easy to make them fall in love with you, but it does take some time. Just bring one along on your adventures and, as long as you're not constantly committing crimes they don't approve of (just like real life, wow), you'll periodically unlock special "flirt" options in conversations that eventually lead to love and marriage.

• Shocked 1

13 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Oh, hey, PureDark can seriously get fucked now:

761-1693884112-1873640036.jpeg
WWW.NEXUSMODS.COM

Replaces the built-in version of FSR2 with DLSS3 + DLSS-G to enable Frame Generation.

I doubt others would’ve bothered doing this if PD didn’t try to DRM his mods.

@Mr.Vic20 @stepee @AbsolutSurgen @Xbob42 

Forgot to tag you guys for this! Free DLSS3 mod 

• Hugs 1
  • Hype 1

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

This is the first game in a long time where I'm constantly thinking about playing it when I'm not. It's so intriguing to see this entire galaxy and I love the gameplay. 

Yep, very rare a game hooks me so completely that I cannot wait to get home, or even when I’m playing other games with friends I’m just waiting to be able to go back to the game. 

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

I’ll never get to experience it

I thought you were getting an Xbox and a copy of the game sent to you. 

41 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
rmUUd5EDhvgCS48T8FMyGX-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

The "Emotional Security" buff is one of Starfield's best, and true love is the only way to get it.

the image for that article does make it look like the NPC is enjoying the relationship. It makes me want to call the police to do a welfare check. 

5 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Yep, very rare a game hooks me so completely that I cannot wait to get home, or even when I’m playing other games with friends I’m just waiting to be able to go back to the game. 

I thought you were getting an Xbox and a copy of the game sent to you. 

I could’ve but I turned it down like a dumbass. 

4 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Do you feel like you just prefer that, or is it not well optimized for a controller? 

im playing on PC so it feels more natural and i play in first person.  im not sure if controller has a cursor like if you are using a mouse but if it doesnt i cant imagine that the menus and navigation would be fun on it

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I could’ve but I turned it down like a dumbass. 

…some people don’t know how to take the W. Better luck in the next give-away. 

29 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

To those who have been playing a lot already, are you mouse and keyboard or controller? 

Im using controller on PC and I dared to customize button bindings and there’s UI issues where the UI pretends I didn’t swap A and Y around. lol 

Otherwise it’s fine. I did need to increase look sensitivity, but otherwise it feels like it has good controller support. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Im using controller on PC and I dared to customize button bindings and there’s UI issues where the UI pretends I didn’t swap A and Y around. lol 

Otherwise it’s fine. I did need to increase look sensitivity, but otherwise it feels like it has good controller support. 

Thanks for rubbing it in

9 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I bought a new Xbox controller about a year ago for my PC and I've barely used it. Kind of want to work it in a little. 

2 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I bought a new Xbox controller about a year ago for my PC and I've barely used it. Kind of want to work it in a little. 

I use my Elite Series 2 Xbox controller, but unlike some other games I don’t find myself instinctively using the paddles on the back as often. Maybe because it’s just generally a slower paced game, even in combat. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

To those who have been playing a lot already, are you mouse and keyboard or controller? 

I've played both, but I've always preferred Bethesda games with m/kb just because you have to aim at every little object to pick them up and see what they are, and its just way easier to me with mouse.    I did use controller on Xbox a little and it seeemd to play fine that way as well.  Just a preference thing.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Just downloaded it on my XBSEX. Now the question is to go with a @Phaseknox character or not. 🤔

On 9/2/2023 at 6:56 AM, Spork3245 said:

Costanza in space or you’ll never be employed by Vandelay Industries

Well, I put in an ungodly amount of tme into Starfield since last Thursday evening and I can offer the following:

* Its addictive to play IF BGS games are your cup of tea

* I've completed all of the faction quests and would recommend that players jump on these first. The order will depend on your character build/play style

* I've barely touched the main quest and am now level 33

* Vae Victis is perhaps the coolest videogame character name I've seen in some time and its wasted on a Bethesda milktoast chacter! Boooooo! 

* In my 40 something hours of play, I have seen tons of bugs and two CTD moments. My favoite was standing on a mountain and watching the world auto populate some local suarians at the wrong elevation and so they poped in above the terrain and immediately plunged to their deaths, even bouncing a few times after initial impact! Beware the dino rain! 

* Get your laser skill to max ASAP. Your mining tool, coupled with a 5% chance of burning, make a very effective backup weapon!

* Get aboard the "key" as soon as you can (Crimson Fleet quest line) and purchase the bounty hunter armor from one of the vendors there

* I understand the mechanics of the persuasion system, but the flow of the language/choices in the process is really broken and weird. 

* The future needs better wayfinding signage as the great challanges I've faced in the game come from figuring out how to simply get to the next location in some of the missions. 

* This far in, I still can't give a proper review. Current feel is that there is plenty I like and plenty I don't, weird game.

* I'm looking forward to game plus as I can easily see myself finishing this run without leveling enough to tap into most of the game's Skills/perks

* If I gave it a review right now it would be 8/10 - "Rich but flawed, with a reach that exceeds its grasp"

• Sicko 1
  • Hype 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Well, I put in an ungodly amount of tme into Starfield since last Thursday evening and I can offer the following:

* Its addictive to play IF BGS games are your cup of tea

* I've completed all of the faction quests and would recommend that players jump on these first. The order will depend on your character build/play style

* I've barely touched the main quest and am now level 33

* Vae Victis is perhaps the coolest videogame character name I've seen in some time and its wasted on a Bethesda milktoast chacter! Boooooo! 

* In my 40 something hours of play, I have seen tons of bugs and two CTD moments. My favoite was standing on a mountain and watching the world auto populate some local suarians at the wrong elevation and so they poped in above the terrain and immediately plunged to their deaths, even bouncing a few times after initial impact! Beware the dino rain! 

* Get your laser skill to max ASAP. Your mining tool, coupled with a 5% chance of burning, make a very effective backup weapon!

* Get aboard the "key" as soon as you can (Crimson Fleet quest line) and purchase the bounty hunter armor from one of the vendors there

* I understand the mechanics of the persuasion system, but the flow of the language/choices in the process is really broken and weird. 

* The future needs better wayfinding signage as the great challanges I've faced in the game come from figuring out how to simply get to the next location in some of the missions. 

* This far in, I still can't give a proper review. Current feel is that there is plenty I like and plenty I don't, weird game.

* I'm looking forward to game plus as I can easily see myself finishing this run without leveling enough to tap into most of the game's Skills/perks

* If I gave it a review right now it would be 8/10 - "Rich but flawed, with a reach that exceeds its grasp"

Actually, I’d say do the main story first, and there is very good spoiler reasons for it. 

otherwise, I mostly agree.

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

Actually, I’d say do the main story first, and there is very good spoiler reasons for it. 

otherwise, I mostly agree.

55 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Uhh yeah, I think doing main story first is critical. You kind of get some important shit from it.

Not having done it I'll have to defer to you gents then! :p

• Halal 1