Befuddled Larry Kudlow Rails That Biden Will Force Americans To Guzzle ‘Plant-Based Beer’

16 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

As a beer lover I'm over American craft beer for the most part. I'll have an IPA occasionally but I'll take a Weihenstephaner Vitus over some sickly sweet unbalanced hop bomb any day.

I stopped drinking IPAs for the most part years ago. There's still a few I like, but for the most part I prefer a nice pilsner or a dark beer over getting punched in the mouth with hops. There's also some bomb ass sours out there.

46 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I stopped drinking IPAs for the most part years ago. There's still a few I like, but for the most part I prefer a nice pilsner or a dark beer over getting punched in the mouth with hops. There's also some bomb ass sours out there.

I'm basically the same. 

I do enjoy IPAs on tap though much more than in the bottle.

1 minute ago, Air_Delivery said:

I'm basically the same. 

I do enjoy IPAs on tap though much more than in the bottle.

I will say Ballast Point makes some of the IPAs I do like. The Grapefruit Sculpin is really good. So is the habanero. And the pineapple. Anything but the regular one, essentially.

44 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I’m sick of most hazy IPAs, but a good West Coast IPA still reigns supreme in terms of beer hierarchy. Stone Delicious fresh from the tap is, IMHO, the best beer of all time. 

I used to live blocks away from Stones way coast brewery and I'd never go there cause it's not even the best brewery in town lol

7 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I used to live blocks away from Stones way coast brewery and I'd never go there cause it's not even the best brewery in town lol

Man, Stone is one of my favorite. Their San Diego spot (Liberty Station/Point Loma) is beer nirvana. 

6 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Their discontinuation of Tropic of Thunder is an obscene crime, though. That was one of my favorite summer beers. Between that Sierra Nevada putting Summerfest to pasture, Oberon is all that’s left in terms of marquee summer beers. 

WAT

It's such a good pilsner! 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Sad, Sierra is actually good at German/Czech style beers. Did they discontinue Kellerweis too? I haven't seen it in a while but I also haven't been looking very hard. 

I saw someone on Reddit say they have or will shelve their porter and stout as well, so I think they are doing a pretty extensive brand purge. Which is sad but I get it, because the market is just too saturated to carry dead weight in your portfolio, at least in terms of national/regional distribution.  

29 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Their discontinuation of Tropic of Thunder is an obscene crime, though. That was one of my favorite summer beers. Between that Sierra Nevada putting Summerfest to pasture, Oberon is all that’s left in terms of marquee summer beers. 

Anchor California Lager is a good summer beer. I feel Anchor Brewing is kinda overlooked in general cause they aren't the new hot thing. Anchor Steam is one of my go tos and their Porter is probably my favorite of any being put out right now. Liberty Ale is super solid too.

19 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I saw someone on Reddit say they have or will shelve their porter and stout as well, so I think they are doing a pretty extensive brand purge. Which is sad but I get it, because the market is just too saturated to carry dead weight in your portfolio, at least in terms of national/regional distribution.  

Can't buy what you don't see in stores, can't remember the last time I saw Sierra's porter or stout on a shelf. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Can't buy what you don't see in stores, can't remember the last time I saw Sierra's porter or stout on a shelf. 

6971ee5f199e149b5da19edeb6801a7c_large.p
WWW.BEVMO.COM

93 PTS BEVMO BEER AMBASSADORS. Classic hop aroma balanced nicely with rich roasted malts; big chewy like complexities of roasted nuts with hints of rich maple flavors; great balance of hop dryness.

I don't know where you live but in CA they ship for free on 150 dollar orders. They also send 10 dollar coupons pretty much every week on orders 100+

Bevmo prices aren't great but with the coupon and free shipping it turns out to be a decent deal. Especially if you get some other sales.

48 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Larry Kudlow somehow managed to get fired by Bear Stearns in the mid-90s because of his "excessive" cocaine use.

Just how much "excessive" cocaine did it take to get fired by BEAR FREAKIN' STEARNS in that era?!?

Excessive cocaine use my ass, you know he got canned for never sharing and screaming that cocaine redistribution was communism.

49 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Larry Kudlow somehow managed to get fired by Bear Stearns in the mid-90s because of his "excessive" cocaine use.

Just how much "excessive" cocaine did it take to get fired by BEAR FREAKIN' STEARNS in that era?!?

Having been fired for such an offense in the past, it's not so much "how much" as "someone saw you do it and is telling people, now you're a liability."

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

K have we figured out how this was cooked? I can't stop thinking about this.

I think he claims it was in a smoker. From the coloring, I'm guessing three things happened. He had a piece of meat that was already exposed to oxygen for too long in his freezer and defrosted it in the microwave and then let it sit in a smoker that wasn't anywhere close to hot enough.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

I think he claims it was in a smoker. From the coloring, I'm guessing three things happened. He had a piece of meat that was already exposed to oxygen for too long in his freezer and defrosted it in the microwave and then let it sit in a smoker that wasn't anywhere close to hot enough.

cat gag GIF

• Haha 2