Россия invades Україна | UPDATE (03 May 2024) - Drones now kill more soldiers than artillery or bullets

16 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:
w_57361541-800x450.jpg
WWW.EURACTIV.COM

Europe is on the verge of war as Russia can attack Ukraine at any moment, Czech Prime Minister Petr Fiala told Czech Television on Sunday, noting Moscow had not expected the unity between the EU...

United in their appeasement? As long as Putin takes tiny bites its fine?

Ill believe it when I see oligarch overseas assets being seized like Chelsea FC for instance. 

28 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

People straight up TRYING justify why this didn’t happen under Trump:

Nah it's because they were paying each other off.

These idiots on Twitter can't see the obvious. "Oh goodness gracious he was such a strong and maybe a little crazy leader we need him!" Bitch he was selling you out. 

45 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Nah it's because they were paying each other off.

These idiots on Twitter can't see the obvious. "Oh goodness gracious he was such a strong and maybe a little crazy leader we need him!" Bitch he was selling you out. 

I mean he seemed pretty set on breaking up NATO, so invading Ukraine at the time would have been counter intuitive.

• True 1

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I hope so too, but that speech last night...Jesus.

I know geopolitic isn’t always rational, but I just don’t see how that juice is worth the squeeze. Taking the ‘autonomous’ regions won’t hurt too much; violating the rest of Ukraine’s sovereignty will hurt greatly. 

From Russia's point of view (probably), the entire Ukrainian government and military must fall and be replaced with one that is friendly to Russia, and opposed to the US and Western Europe.  I'm sure that in a matter of time, the Russian speaking areas of Ukraine will become a part of Russia, and the rest of Ukraine will become allied with Russia, just like Belarus is.  

Just now, Chris- said:

I know geopolitic isn’t always rational, but I just don’t see how that juice is worth the squeeze. Taking the ‘autonomous’ regions won’t hurt too much; violating the rest of Ukraine’s sovereignty will hurt greatly. 

It wasn't just Ukraine - it was the entire notion that the dissolution of the tsarist Russian Empire was a historical error.

That includes the entirety of Finland, the eastern part of Poland, parts of Romania, etc.

5 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It wasn't just Ukraine - it was the entire notion that the dissolution of the tsarist Russian Empire was a historical error.

That includes the entirety of Finland, the eastern part of Poland, parts of Romania, etc.

That is my concern. Yesterday's speech was basically fuck the post Cold War world order.