Россия invades Україна | UPDATE (06 June 2024) - Russia has abandoned (the Russian!) port of Novorossiysk, with all ships and submarines leaving after repeated Ukrainian drone strikes

5 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

To be fair, WWII movies were being produced and released as the war was raging.  Dozens of them.

I feel like there is a difference between wartime propaganda or simply telling a modern day story which has that as a backdrop of a clearly fictional tale and whatever the hell a Jeremey Renner movie would be.

It’s just weird to see something like an Elizabeth Holmes biopic or a show based on Tiger King which is itself a show you could just watch.

4 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Honestly, what do people expect to happen?  Let’s assume the worst and that they take over the capital and overthrow the government.  What then?  Do they just sit stubbornly waiting for sanctions to stop and do they?  Is it just a long, ugly, costly occupation?

I honestly don't know.

Do they continue westwards to Lviv?  Do they declare victory and settle for a boundary running from Kyiv in the north down the length of the Dnieper River?

What happens after they install their puppet regime in Kyiv is a huge question.

3 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

Ugh. Just watched a video of an entire family killed and the family dog hiding by their dead bodies (the other dog was killed)

I would literally strangle every single one of them with my bare hands including that dwarf-ass motherfucker. Fucking weak ass bitch hiding behind political guards. Then make sure that dog ate well for a month if you know what I mean. 

29 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Honestly, what do people expect to happen?  Let’s assume the worst and that they take over the capital and overthrow the government.  What then?  Do they just sit stubbornly waiting for sanctions to stop and do they?  Is it just a long, ugly, costly occupation?

Well, if they can take control of the country then he can put the onus on the West on what to do next. Basically, are you going to hamstring the global economy for a country that no longer exists?

Post-Trump, I think the standard for what "people will just accept" has changed and I am rarely confident in people doing the right thing anymore.

And I know, some people don't like always bringing this back around to Trump but in this case I think it is pretty directly applicable.

In a week or two if Russia gains a foothold, and media coverage dies down, and public opinion starts to waffle, you will absolutely see Republicans and the rightwing machine start to make this story all about how Joe and his petty feud with Trump and Putin is hurting the American economy. Which dovetails with the main narrative they already have going for November.

I don't know enough about the countries in Europe to predict what is coming. And Biden and Dems could very well choose to stay the course(especially if our allies remain steady on it). But in a week or two I could totally see this being the main tact of the GOP. Not just the Trumpers, but the accepted talking point of the party, "Look, what Putin did was wrong but what's done is done. It is time for Biden to accept that and give up this petty vendetta he has and accept that the most important thing is that we stop inflicting needless damage upon the American economy."

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I honestly don't know.

Do they continue westwards to Lviv?  Do they declare victory and settle for a boundary running from Kyiv in the north down the length of the Dnieper River?

What happens after they install their puppet regime in Kyiv is a huge question.

My theory is they do their kill lists to “denazify” the country then just…leave. Roll the dice and or fund Russia friendly native Ukrainians to take power. The kill lists I assume would be most liberal/pro western politicians at the national level and maybe some regional governors/legislators/whatever they do in Ukraine 

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

One of the witches from Hocus Pocus comes out as pro-Putin.

I have barely any idea what nonsense was said here, but I'm pretty positive it will be something my parents bring up next time at the dinner table.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I mean.. one good shot and you get a traffic jam 

They gotta get those drones and jets up soon, pinch them up front with some destruction. Then swiss cheese up the roads in between and take whoever/whatever out and force them to turn around with their tails between their legs. I’m just hoping they are just able to give themselves a shot and turn the tides again in Ukraine’s favour 

I apologize.

This was posted on my redflagforum political board section, and I should only stick to our sources here. I really mean this and not being condescending. Although this shit was sadly real today near Toronto today, kid scratched up a little but man was arrested about an hour later (known to have a severe mental illness)

• Guillotine 2