Россия invades Україна | UPDATE (14 May 2024) - Russia launches new invasion from the north into Kharkiv, soon to launch second corridor into Sumy. Situation is dire

Just now, Air_Delivery said:

If the West really want to stick it to Putin they need to start seizing oligarh assets. Take their high end properties, soccer teams, yachts etc. 

I would bet you a sizable portion of Putins money held via oligarchs is in the west. 

Cut off their access to the outside world.  I'm not sure how viable it is, but sever any fiber links that pass into Russia. 

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

It almost seems (and I could be wrong) that Russia is going for control of the Donbas, possibly the south coast (unless it's misinfo) and then Kyiv.

That appears to be the case.

They appear to be scrupulously avoiding ground advances into the western part of the country for the time being.

On 4/12/2021 at 2:49 PM, CitizenVectron said:

Russian troops have been massing on the eastern (Russia) and southern (Crimean) border of Ukraine for a few weeks. My guess is they will invade when the "rebels" in eastern Ukraine ask for independence to be recognized, and Ukraine refuses. 

On 4/12/2021 at 2:59 PM, mclumber1 said:

I will not be surprised if this happens.  Also, I will not be surprised if the EU, NATO, and the US do nothing about.  But then again, there is nothing that can really be done, aside from strongly worded letters and sanctions. 

Welp.